2.4l FWD - $20,770/$19,420
3.5l AWD - $23,890/$22,337

XR
3.6l FWD - $24,270/$22,692
3.6l AWD - $26,270/$24,562

Red Line
3.6l FWD - $26,770/$25,030
3.6l AWD - $28,770/$26,900

For some reason the VUE does not photograph well at all--the front overhang looks huge and it looks skinny and tall. However, in person it looks quite nice.

i agree completely. it's such a difference you'd think it was trick photography. i still think the edges of the bumper and doors are a little too "busy" the rest of the lineup has such clean lines.

Edited by jbartley

I'm just not getting good vibes from this vehicle. The major price increases are off putting for starters. The entire engine lineup is down on power from last years offerings of the same mills. The styling is too Korean dull. The huge silly side air intakes look odd and out of place and the increased curbweight is counter-productive to good fuel economy and performance. Also Saturn is taking away it's one major selling point, the dent resistant panals. I'll wait to see the interior to reserve judgement on that but the only thing that I like about this new Vue is the elimination of the Honda engine/tranny.

...Also Saturn is taking away it's one major selling point, the dent resistant panals. I'll wait to see the interior to reserve judgement on that but the only thing that I like about this new Vue is the elimination of the Honda engine/tranny.

...which some may argue was another major selling point. :P

I don't like this "VUE" styling at all. It didn't look better in person IMO, not the blue one at NAIAS, or the silver one at CIAS. :(

Way too Korean looking.

The entire engine lineup is down on power from last years offerings of the same mills.

Lol. What?

2.2l - 144hp

3.5l - 248hp/242lb-ft

2.4l - 169hp/161lb-ft

3.5l - 222hp/219lb-ft (AWD XE only...P.S. This combo is not underpowered)

3.6l - 257hp/248lb-ft

What really hurts on the perception side is the new EPA ratings. But that hurts everyone with '08 releases.

I'm just not getting good vibes from this vehicle. The major price increases are off putting for starters. The entire engine lineup is down on power from last years offerings of the same mills. The styling is too Korean dull. The huge silly side air intakes look odd and out of place and the increased curbweight is counter-productive to good fuel economy and performance. Also Saturn is taking away it's one major selling point, the dent resistant panals. I'll wait to see the interior to reserve judgement on that but the only thing that I like about this new Vue is the elimination of the Honda engine/tranny.

don't worry about the interior. i touched the door panels of the 08 vue at the auto show. the design and execution of that example was top flight and among the best of GM and will match or exceed anything in that class.

the exterior styling is well done also.

this thing has 'big hit' all over it if the pricing is agreed to by the public.

my only reservation is it's heavy.

Edited by regfootball

For some reason the VUE does not photograph well at all--the front overhang looks huge and it looks skinny and tall. However, in person it looks quite nice.

Yes the front Overhangs look huge. Wonder where is the transmission sitting in the bay.

I agree with some of the negative opinions posted here. It looks tiny compared to the current VUE... it looks foreign... it looks high and narrow. I think they have too much of a leap in size between this and the OUTLOOK. A miniature OUTLOOK would have been a better evolution of the first-gen VUE, styling-wise. I actually prefer the current VUE to this, although I am aware this has many functional improvements. I suppose it will grow on me... but for now, the bloom is off the rose.

i am sure if this weren't a globally shared model it would be a bit bigger and yes it should be the size of the current vue. the perils of going global.

yet, the only big reduction was probably in the cargo area. it looks darn spacious as far as seating in person.

thing is, rav4 and crv are 'cute'. vue matches it, 'cute wise'. current vue was looking a bit butch/rugged.

vue's size is likely ok since the nox is fairly large in comparison. keeps em different.

i just love how this destroys the caliber, etc.

Edited by regfootball

I had the opportunity to sit in an XR model over the weekend while attending the Wilmington plant tour. The interior is very nice and will draw in quite a few people. The rear seat leg room is tight, and I feel this area will be the downside for some people needing to carry rear seat passengers (namely me). The cargo area still had some room in it and has movable tie-downs to reposition the cargo net. The size is near perfect for those that don't want a larger SUV. Still, the rear seat area is a concern to me and I'm someone that would consider buying (leasing) one of these within the next two years. I think the OUTLOOK is more to my liking at this point.

Here's a crappy picture of it - they wouldn't let us bring cameras into the factory, nor this gated area (which was only accessible from inside of the factory):

Posted Image

There is a black XE new Vue at my local dealership. Saw it tonight sitting right out front by the highway. The dealership was closed, but I stopped & walked around it. Looked ok. I think I may prefer the 2nd gen better (outgoing model). I'll have to check out the interior sometime.

Edited by PurdueGuy

Saw my first one IRL today coming off the car carrier. Definitely looks more proportionate in person. The orange one in the pics (love the colour) looks like it's gonna tip over in the wind. Interior looks very nice and they've put the pwr window controls back on the doors !!!

I can't believe a 3.6L is going in that little thing! People really liked that there was a Honda engine in them... definitely looking like a Hyundai Tucson imo

I'm sure they'll move quickly off the lots tho - would be interested to know how the interior room compares to the current model.

Saw my first one IRL today coming off the car carrier. Definitely looks more proportionate in person. The orange one in the pics (love the colour) looks like it's gonna tip over in the wind. Interior looks very nice and they've put the pwr window controls back on the doors !!!

I can't believe a 3.6L is going in that little thing! People really liked that there was a Honda engine in them... definitely looking like a Hyundai Tucson imo

I'm sure they'll move quickly off the lots tho - would be interested to know how the interior room compares to the current model.

You know what? I sat in a used Vue (pre-refresh) the other day. Yes the interior looked horribly cheap, but I actually liked the location of the window switches...they fall right at your finger tips, and are within easy reach.