NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

New 2008 Saab 9-3 Range: Sharper Looks Showcase Enhanced Performance

21 posts in this topic

New Saab 9-3 Range: Sharper Looks Showcase Enhanced Performance

Posted Image

The new Saab 9-3 range will feature bold styling, inspired by the award-winning Aero X concept car, backed by cutting edge technology for greater driving appeal.

With all-new front bodywork, ‘signature’ lighting, new door panels and rear styling features, the latest generation 9-3 acquires a more focused, assertive stance, reflecting the introduction of technical advances aimed at delivering an even more rewarding experience behind the wheel.

Most noticeable is the sharper frontal styling, which adopts grille and hood themes first seen on the Aero X concept, together with a return of Saab’s classic ‘clamshell’ design. This new ‘face’ is reinforced by other exterior changes that all combine to give the range a clearer, more distinctive Saab identity.

“We are introducing significant developments across three key areas: design, performance and handling,” says Jan Åke Jonsson, Managing Director of Saab Automobile. “The result is a major step forward in strengthening the visual and driving appeal of our core product line-up, which accounts for about two-thirds of global sales.”

The new 9-3 range comprises Sport Sedan, SportCombi and Convertible models, each offering a unique ‘tri-fuel’ engine choice of gasoline, diesel or BioPower (E85). Available in three forms, Linear, Vector and Aero, the range goes on sale from August (TBC).

Posted Image

All this is from the SAAB website.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

yeah i love the front end! just give us awd and 300hp turbo and i'll get one again.

Looks great! I wonder if they changed the interior at all.

I'm digging the 'tri-fuel' engine.

GM:

Fix, sell or kill Saab. I don't care which. Just quit dicking around with it.

Edited by AxelTheRed

each offering a unique ‘tri-fuel’ engine choice of gasoline, diesel or BioPower (E85). Available in three forms, Linear, Vector and Aero, the range goes on sale from August (TBC).

Ok, SAAB you have my attention. Now make it a reailty!

FYI, the tri-fuel SAABs will NOT be available yet in the US.

FYI, the tri-fuel SAABs will NOT be available yet in the US.

Naturally.

It's now the best Epsilon again, but nowhere near the best small sports sedan. If SAAB markets it down a half segment, it stands a chance against "premium" small cars like TSX and S40.

It's now the best Epsilon again, but nowhere near the best small sports sedan. If SAAB markets it down a half segment, it stands a chance against "premium" small cars like TSX and S40.

Pfft. The S40 can't compete with itself. Its also too small.

I'm digging the 'tri-fuel' engine.

It's not a tri-fuel engine, it's a tri-fuel engine choice. You can have either gasoline, diesel, or BioPower (flexfuel gasoline/E85), but if you want all three you'll need at least two different cars. I see no reason why they don't offer the E85 version in the US other than power output.

It's not a tri-fuel engine, it's a tri-fuel engine choice. You can have either gasoline, diesel, or BioPower (flexfuel gasoline/E85), but if you want all three you'll need at least two different cars. I see no reason why they don't offer the E85 version in the US other than power output.

I really wish they would send over the European 1.9L diesel.

I saw this pic on Wikipedia, in silver. Looks much better in another angle. Reminds a bit of the original 900.

Posted Image

Original:

Posted Image

Just if they put the side moulding back on. And the wagon looks a bit too high.

If anyone has seen a SportCombi in person, its very awkward-looking.

If anyone has seen a SportCombi in person, its very awkward-looking.

I happen to think it's the best-looking 9-3. It has a very cool, crisp, Scandinavian, roof-rack-with-skis-mandatory look.

I happen to think it's the best-looking 9-3. It has a very cool, crisp, Scandinavian, roof-rack-with-skis-mandatory look.

Agreed. It's both the best looking and most "Saab-like" model in Saab's current lineup IMO.

post-4480-1179361770_thumb.jpg

Or how about a mountain bike? SAAB has a great roof rack systems that mounts and unmounts in a few minutes with only 4 allen bolts. When it is not carrying one of my three bikes, you will see our kevlar canoe attop the roof. Who the hell needs a SUV or Sport Cute and the same to all wheel drive. Save your beans for the toys you can carry. My current ride is a 2003 9-3 and my next car will be the sports combi. Have been checking out the 60th anniversary editions and really like the special seats and 17" wheels, but with the new changes for 2008 might just have to wait.

Will the sedan have the same ugly taillights as the 'vert? Other than that I like it a lot.

I think there was a picture of the sedan shown somewhere: it will have white tailights. 35 minutes until the official release!

EDIT - effin website now says 10 minutes to go...

Edited by ZL-1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor