Even More Vectra/Aura Spy Pics

Looks too asian...

It really has become a sad day in the auto industry. Every sedan looks the same and because the asians are supposedly "the standard" the sedans all look like $h!. No originality or anything, it even has that ugly cropped rear that the new puke-tacular Altima has.... Maybe it'll have the horrible cut lines as well or the same 'fat arm' syndrome that the front of the Altima (front fenders) suffers from.

Looks too asian...

It really has become a sad day in the auto industry. Every sedan looks the same and because the asians are supposedly "the standard" the sedans all look like $h!. No originality or anything, it even has that ugly cropped rear that the new puke-tacular Altima has.... Maybe it'll have the horrible cut lines as well or the same 'fat arm' syndrome that the front of the Altima (front fenders) suffers from.

I have never been a fan of Asian cars for MANY reasons. Their design is one of those reasons. They have no soul............kind of like their citizens (ouch!). Anyway, I would rather GM get their own inspiration (like they did in the day). I would not mind if they got a couple of design ideas from the Germans either (their quality is getting very shady, but their designs are still cool).

Edited by Clownzilla

I have never been a fan of Asian cars for MANY reasons. Their design is one of those reasons. They have no soul............kind of like their citizens (ouch!). Anyway, I would rather GM get their own inspiration (like they did in the day). I would not mind if they got a couple of design ideas from the Germans either (their quality is getting very shady, but their designs are still cool).

Yes, the whole industry has gone too much into just copying whatever general style Toyota and Honda put out.

The only really GOOD looking sedans of the last 10 years that I can think of off the top of my head are the late-model Bonnevilles, the 2nd gen CTS, and the G8.

I was referring to the stretched out taillights and greenhouse mainly...

Posted Image

I don't understand why the magazines have gone ga-ga over the styling of this car. That side profile shows front and rear overhangs that would make a W-body blush....

Its looking like a very nice car. The rear has a strong Altima flavour, but the general proportions look more appealing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeh, i thought altima too, but without the oddly large greenhouse effect. this car looks nicely styled.

are we sure this is the sized car we'll see as AURA? I know the stylign is supposed to be identical. but shouldn't we be getting a longer wheelbase version?

if that bangled trunk is just camo, then its a great job, cause thats one high 3rd brake light. and the body lines kinda look like they flow into the higher bangle trunk

maybe it's a cute little duck-tail spoiler. like the one on the Astra 4-door concept over on gminsidenews...

Looking at this car makes me notice how ugly and bricklike the current Aura's styling is! It is still the best that the 2002-2007 cycle had to offer, but with this new Altima and the 'Bu on the way, it is very hideous!

And what's up with the Bangle-bashing? As long as it's rounded out to look good, this design is more appropriate than the Camry's , Altima's RL's or 7's rears. It increases vertical space, so there's less overhang, and more luggage!

Another good sign... NO FENDER VENTS! Yeah! So happy that won't come to Saturn...

Also, funny how there are complaints this is "too Japanese"... The Japanese take the German's styling, and Saturn is basically German now, so... no :censored:

if that bangled trunk is just camo, then its a great job, cause thats one high 3rd brake light. and the body lines kinda look like they flow into the higher bangle trunk

The lights are not production, just cobbled-together for functionality. What you can see at the rear is a box sitting on top of the rear deck lid to hid the real shape. You can't make any judgments as to what it really looks like just yet.

Alright, now correct me if I'm wrong but I came to believe that the new Aura is going to be on an extended Epsilon II platform while the Vectra(Insignia) will be based off the shorter one that and shared with the new Saab 9-3. I'm beginning to wonder if there was any truth to that factoid because this does look to be a decent sized vehicle that they could build here as-is under the Saturn brand. Something that's larger might be too big for the Aura.

Alright, now correct me if I'm wrong but I came to believe that the new Aura is going to be on an extended Epsilon II platform while the Vectra(Insignia) will be based off the shorter one that and shared with the new Saab 9-3. I'm beginning to wonder if there was any truth to that factoid because this does look to be a decent sized vehicle that they could build here as-is under the Saturn brand. Something that's larger might be too big for the Aura.

Nope, Saturn=Opel.

Looks too asian...

That is the funniest thing I have read in the last week! How true! :lol:

Just for comparisons sake... take a look at the Open GTC Concept and how closely related the two cars really are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1) Look at the dip in both headlights

2) The creases on both the middle of the hood and ones riding up the hood from the grill line

3) The over-all shape of the grill and the air inlet below the grill

Hell even the side-mirrors resemble the concepts.

Edited by Autoholic217

this car is still three years out. is there reason for speculation/favor/criticism? we're looking at a design that won't reach our shores until 2010 MY, at the earliest.

It starts production in Europe in a bit over a year, and starts production here in a bit over two years.

I like the current Aura sheet metal as an Aura. This doesn't say it to me. Nice looking car though as a flagship. Are the dementions the same (similar) to the current model ? To me this car looks to be bigger than the Aura, I think this will hold the top spot above Aura.

Posted Image

Edited by prototype66

I like the current Aura sheet metal as an Aura. This doesn't say it to me. Nice looking car though as a flagship. Are the dementions the same (similar) to the current model ? To me this car looks to be bigger than the Aura, I think this will hold the top spot above Aura.

Posted Image

It will probably be smaller actually; the Ep2 Aura is on the short wheelbase version of the architecture.