Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spied: Great Shots Of BMW’s Top-Secret X6!!!

Our friends at KGP Photography have cracked off some excellent shots of what they believe is an early BMW X6 mule.

Derived from the new X5, the new crossover will apparently weigh style over utility, with a more aggressively sloped roofline and steep windshield.

The spy shooters originally thought they could be looking at another planned X5-based vehicle, the V5, but given the fact that it doesn't appear to be very efficient in terms of packaging (The V5 is said to be pitched at Mercedes-Benz's R-Class), they've decided otherwise.

(Click through to the jump for a brace of additional shots, along with words from the folks at KGP themselves)

Link: http://news.windingroad.com/auto-news/spie...-top-secret-x6/

I saw this thing in Munich Germany last week with way less camo, it looks pretty good.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I bet that ugly hump on the rear is hiding an Infiniti FX style roofline.

Weighing style over utility verses the X5?

BMW realizes the X5 is one of the least "utility" SUVs on the market next to the FX45 right?

That would be because its a sports activity vehicle. Don't you pay attention to the television?

Looks more cayenne-ish. If it wasn't for the free mantainance I would never consider a pile like that.

Weighing style over utility verses the X5?

BMW realizes the X5 is one of the least "utility" SUVs on the market next to the FX45 right?

Uh....X5 is quite utilitarian. I don't know why you'd say it's one of the "least"....??

Ours has a towing capacity of 6,200lbs (that's utilitarian) and while it's not as big in the cargo area as a Tahoe or something, we've never had a problem with not enough room to load up all of our seadoo and camping gear.....

Plus, even with the sport package's 19-inch wheels, the X-Drive has always given us more than enough traction to drag the dual seadoo trailer out of the sandy muck at the lake (no paved launch ramp....launch right off the sand into and out of the water) with both boats on the trailer (about 3,500 lbs.)

Most car-based SUVs can't tow over 3,500lbs.....so X5 is way ahead on this standpoint.

So I'm guessing by the name that this is going to be bigger than the X5. A lot of camo in the back suggests they have something to hide that would stand out more than their signature grille.

O.C., your signature banner is made funnier by the visual suggestion that Wonder Woman thinks with her boobs, not her head.

Uh....X5 is quite utilitarian. I don't know why you'd say it's one of the "least"....??

Ours has a towing capacity of 6,200lbs (that's utilitarian) and while it's not as big in the cargo area as a Tahoe or something, we've never had a problem with not enough room to load up all of our seadoo and camping gear.....

Plus, even with the sport package's 19-inch wheels, the X-Drive has always given us more than enough traction to drag the dual seadoo trailer out of the sandy muck at the lake (no paved launch ramp....launch right off the sand into and out of the water) with both boats on the trailer (about 3,500 lbs.)

Most car-based SUVs can't tow over 3,500lbs.....so X5 is way ahead on this standpoint.

less cargo space than a Subaru Forrester, less ground clearance than a Ford Explorer, less towing capacity than a 1994 Fleetwood.

Posted Image

Ooooh...

Posted Image

Aaaah...

Posted Image

Me likey!

I think you mean 2 series.

And I like it better than the new 3 series.

I'm gonna have to agree. It's a looker. Kinda like a size competitor to the tiny 80s version of the 3-series, but with modern tech.

Why do they need this?

X6

X5

V5... or whatever the MPV will be called

All competing for eachother... That front 3/4 looks like a hunkered down MDX and the profile SCREAMS Q7! BMW needs to ditch this! I am not a fan of Bangle 2.0 in this app. What's wrong with the headlights? That hofmeister is making me sick here! GOD!

I'm not sure I'm feeling those headlights. Or the roofline.

LIKE IT OR NOT, the self minded professionals open their big wallets for this stuff.

And Republicans. We're already obsessed with SUVs, but slap a blue and white logo on it and we make the country club parking lot look like a BMW dealership. :lol: