Pentastar's BACK!

Same here...I remember mistaking Acclaims for Spirits, Voyagers for Caravans, and Aries for Reliants. It was literally a grill swap and maybe different tailights...you pretty much have to be a die-hard MOPAR enthusiast to easily tell the two apart on the street.

"Die-hard MOPAR enthusiasts" don't CARE about K car Dodge/Plymouth variations.

The GLH-S was a quick little car, many of the turboII or (rare) turboiV cars were quick, but most die-hard MOPAR guys remember pentastars on the passenger side fender of their 60's and 70's cars. Not K cars.

*shrugs*

I agree with everyone on this topic that stated that the pentastar should be used as the corporate logo only. Like many of you, I remember when the logo was attached to every product regardless of brand in the late 80's and early 90's. When the company did this, the pentastar became a meaningless corporate symbol that did not represent the character of the brands (not that the badge-engineered styling did either). At least Chrysler now has recognizable, distinctive brand logos (Dodge ram's head, Chrysler winged badge, "JEEP" symbol). It should keep these brand logos and diligently focus on the corporation's real problems (cheap interiors, unattractive exterior designs, outdated engine/transmission combos, brand positioning). I would love to see Chysler turn around their fortunes; it will do this by leaving what's not broken alone (brand logos) and concentrating on what is actually broken (problems listed above).

I agree with everyone on this topic that stated that the pentastar should be used as the corporate logo only. Like many of you, I remember when the logo was attached to every product regardless of brand in the late 80's and early 90's. When the company did this, the pentastar became a meaningless corporate symbol that did not represent the character of the brands (not that the badge-engineered styling did either). At least Chrysler now has recognizable, distinctive brand logos (Dodge ram's head, Chrysler winged badge, "JEEP" symbol). It should keep these brand logos and diligently focus on the corporation's real problems (cheap interiors, unattractive exterior designs, outdated engine/transmission combos, brand positioning). I would love to see Chysler turn around their fortunes; it will do this by leaving what's not broken alone (brand logos) and concentrating on what is actually broken (problems listed above).

Actually, the pentastar has been around LONG before the K cars, there are plenty of new hot Dodges (I know, the Viper, LX cars, Crossfire, Ram trucks etc... are "unattractive exterior designs" :rolleyes: ) the new Hemi MDS with the electronic 5 speed is VERY modern, some of the interiors are VERY creature comfort oriented, etc etc etc. But aside from THAT......

:rolleyes:

What's with repeating all the sour grapes all the time for some of you? It's like a broken, but INNACURATE, record.

Have a look at the LXForums, and see how many DISsatisfied Charger/Magnum/300 owners there are.

You'll be surprised!

:AH-HA_wink:

Hmmm....

... how about 5 large men, 17/18 years old (one is an adult), driver's ed, in the middle of the summer, packed, Dodge Aries, a/c, trying to get onto the Northern State Parkway (it has about 20 feet entrance ramps to get up to speed). The thing didn't move. Made a lot of noise though. :AH-HA_wink:

We had a Dodge Omni with a 550# woman in the front seat who always rode the brake pedal extension...and was so fat she made each class drive to drive thru's all over town. Her rolls actually sagged to the emegency brake handle...she would pull them up so that you could reach between the seats to set the brake when you parked and you prayed that her hands did not slip and that the fat would fall on your hand. She was shoehorned in the car, and I swear to you that she smelled of old beer left in the hot sun inside the car for a month! I always loved to give the car more gas whenever you would hear her brake bar squeek as she tried to slow you down. Memories. It was a grey Omni with the plastiglass Pentastar hood ornament shining on the hood - I always felt that it was way out of place on an Omni.

We had a Dodge Omni with a 550# woman in the front seat who always rode the brake pedal extension...and was so fat she made each class drive to drive thru's all over town. Her rolls actually sagged to the emegency brake handle...she would pull them up so that you could reach between the seats to set the brake when you parked and you prayed that her hands did not slip and that the fat would fall on your hand. She was shoehorned in the car, and I swear to you that she smelled of old beer left in the hot sun inside the car for a month! I always loved to give the car more gas whenever you would hear her brake bar squeek as she tried to slow you down. Memories. It was a grey Omni with the plastiglass Pentastar hood ornament shining on the hood - I always felt that it was way out of place on an Omni.

Hey ocnblu, what does this story remind you of? :smilewide:

Actually, the pentastar has been around LONG before the K cars, there are plenty of new hot Dodges (I know, the Viper, LX cars, Crossfire, Ram trucks etc... are "unattractive exterior designs" :rolleyes: ) the new Hemi MDS with the electronic 5 speed is VERY modern, some of the interiors are VERY creature comfort oriented, etc etc etc. But aside from THAT......

:rolleyes:

What's with repeating all the sour grapes all the time for some of you? It's like a broken, but INNACURATE, record.

Have a look at the LXForums, and see how many DISsatisfied Charger/Magnum/300 owners there are.

You'll be surprised!

:AH-HA_wink:

Admitting your problems is the first step to recovery. Being ignorant and blind to reality will never get you anywhere.

You wanna deal with this bozo Flybrian, or would you like me to?

What is your problem? Can you not speak to me in a respectful manner? I've been a member here for nearly 4 years. If you think you can come here act as if you are better than everyone here and run the show, you are going to be sadly mistaken. I've done nothing to you to warrant your hostility towards me. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could just cut the bull $h! and treat me as I deserve to be treated. I'm trying to be reasonable here. :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I'm simply saying Chrysler does in fact have problems. They've admitted themselves that their interiors aren't up par while sales numbers (retail/fleet percentages) speak for themselves. They have alot going for them, especially with technological innovations. Exterior designs are subjective, but most aren't attractive in my eyes, and again, the sales numbers speak for themselves.

Edit: Sorry Fly, didn't see your warning until after I posted. Check your PM inbox.

Edited by blackviper8891