Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Car Spotting

Kinda appropriate to call it a countdown since 24 premiered in syndication this weekend across America. In any case, all I really remember is a nice lowered Intrepid on fins, a 90s Cutlass Supreme sedan on some sort of big dubs (yes, both cars looked quite nice), and a advertising shrink wrap equipped Pacifica (from far away, I thought it was an SRX)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a black Fusion. Looked pretty nice, but I still hate the tails. Red G6 coupe at Barnes & Noble. Doesn't look like a Solara at all. Saw a green 1st gen Solara, though. Nothing spectacular except that it reminded me that Toyota once designed decent-looking cars. I was shaken back to reality after seeing a newer Solara. *shudder* Another black RL-Class. Ugly as hell. The most hillarious 1988 Taurus ever. I have to get a pic. Black 80s Ford LTD. Looked surprisingly good. I'm sick of 300s. '81ish Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, gold. Beautiful. A jewel. A jacked-up Toyota T100 with a cowboy boot rear window screen and a 'COWBOY' front plate. Yeah. Real cowboys drive six-cylinder Toyotas. And the weirdest, a '99ish Sable on dubs. That's all today and yesterday, friends. I live in a weird area

Red G6 coupe at Barnes & Noble. Doesn't look like a Solara at all.

The tails were the complaint, not the whole car.

Saw a green 1st gen Solara, though. Nothing spectacular except that it reminded me that Toyota once designed decent-looking cars. I was shaken back to reality after seeing a newer Solara. *shudder*

[post="23050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think the current one is leaps and bounds over the first. The first is too slab sided. This one has better looks, a better chassis, and more power.

I'm talking pure looks, which IMO the current Solara fails it. Looks too melted, like an SC430 left in an oven too long and too ass-heavy, a problem exacerbated by the appearance that Toyota oversprings the rear suspension on it and the Camry. Maybe the Japanese really take an affinity to J-Lo because it seems like a trend has developed where cars have bigger, chunkier asses (Maxima, Camry, Accord, LS)

Saw so many weird sightings today, I had to write down a list....then I lost it...but I'll try to recall...whatever I forgot goes in the next post. I've seen three Lotus Elises alone this weekend: hi-liter yellow-green yesterday, an orange one and a black one today And today was probably the fullest in a LONNNNNNNNG time: -RX300, with two 330s right behind it (I hate RXes, BTW...and I was noticing them HARD in the Fairfax district...I really wonder what people see in them) -two Tiburons next to each other -50s Dodge Power Wagon -06 Eclipse -06 Sonata #4 -06 Rio #2 -Lambo Diablo -some 50s 2-door called a Royal -58 DeSoto -a Z3 next to a Z4 at the gas station I mean it was like Two For Tuesday, seriously....only it was Sunday. -Range Rover followed right behind by a Range Rover Sport (both black) -06 Malibu Maxx, then an 06 sedan later on -two burgundy Priuses next to one another -70 Dart 2-dr sedan -1st gen Dart convertible -69 Malibu sedan -three A4 Jettas parallel parked behind two New Beetles -Suzuki X-90 I may actually have remembered everything, I'm not sure....

I think Dodge had a model called "Royal" back in the day. And Dodge Dart was more of a full-size car before it was a compact. Did you see a little Dart, or a big Dart?

I can't remember seeing anything unusual lately. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.
Edited by ocnblu

And Dodge Dart was more of a full-size car before it was a compact.  Did you see a little Dart, or a big Dart?

[post="23210"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, that Dart was actually a mid 60's model....don't knbow what exact year though, but it was definitely compact.

That's why I usually say the years instead of the "generations" with old Detroit iron.

Let's see...I just got back from a trip to Milwaukee, Madison, and Minneapolis, and here's some of what I remember:

2006 Charger 3.5L
1963 Volvo P1800 couple exactly like the one in the pic below
1968 Mercury Park Lane coupe
2006 Ford Fusion
Mid 70s Cadillac DeVille
Porsche 944
2005 Jaguar XJ
1973 Mustang Grande
Couple '06 Sonatas
Pristine early 80s Caprice

Posted Image

I was out in Aspen the weekend before last and saw a very clean '69 Corvette coupe (dk blue), a clean '73 convertible (silver), a '50s MGA (green), a neat old '60s crew cab Dodge truck, and a clean late '70s Ferrari 308GTB in dk red.

Two notable car haulers today. One in passing, so I cant recall any cars other than the 63 or 64 Riviera perched on the top rear. What bothered me was he was empty below it. Just had that unsafe load look to it. Top heavy. The 2nd car hauler was in a service area and had a 68 or 69 Riviera on front top, with a mid 60's GTO in the center top followed by a 70ish GTO. There was a older 2dr Mercedes coupe bottom center, the other two cars were not noteworthy. Drove with a A8 for a spell otherwize just the company of the usual great GM's mixed with cloudy patches of sheep.

That reminds me... I saw a Camry with one. Ugh...

[post="24209"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Speaking of vinyl tops, I saw a 90s Avalon with a vinyl top that covered the rear quarter windows....the line it cut made me think it was a Regal sedan for a second....and even worse, the damn thing had a little wing on it....vinuyl roofs and spoilers of any kind simply don't mix.

I stopped by our new car just-off-the-truck lot this evening. We got an '06 Cobalt SS/SC, silver/all black. A very solid looking little car. $23k with sunroof and side curtains. Instead of those two options, I'd spend the same money and get the Performance Package, with Recaro seats and limited slip differential... haven't seen any yet with that package.

Went dealer hopping again... I saw that DTS again, too. The more I see it, the more I like it. I don't what it is about it that makes me like it so much. The only thing I necessarily hate about it is the soft suspension and that fact that I will never be able to afford one. I mean, give a sporting suspension setup, Z-rated tires, etc... and it'd be perfect. Woah... I need help. :unsure: :P

-Maybach 62 -Mercury Montclair (the sedan with the slide-down rear window (I wonder if that meant the windows of the rear doors couldn't roll down?) -quite a few CTS-Vs.