Car Spotting

I saw a bluish grayish CTS V uh o a victory red G6 sedan, i didnt know it came in victory red for the sedan, i have only seen 5 Chy. 300s in my life, i saw 5 Torrents 4 in gray and 1 in blue, then i saw a new WRX wagon in red that was nice, i saw one of those RRover Sports, um o 2 new VUEs yeah that was my day, o and two of the refaced Explorers

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a bunch of stuff today, I probably forgot a bunch of them too, but here goes... Sweet 06 blue SSR at the dealer, killer color and some 06 DTSs at the dealer, also a Cobalt SS (non SC) at the dealer. Not at the dealer, I saw a Mitsu Raider, new Eclipse, RL, H3 with some nice mods, 06 Impala, Accord Hybrid, and some stuff I don't remember.

I saw this Unimog right by my house today, then I checked out the WWW that was listed on the windshield header.... and found this pic on their website. :)

I love Unimogs!

Posted Image

http://www.alliedfuel.com/

I finally saw an Elise, it was dark green and had the toupee on it, kinda goofy looking. I also drove by the exotic car place very rapidly, it looked like there was an EB110 in the middle of the showroom, I could be wrong, I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

Is it strange that I haven't seen anything noteworthy at all... for like the past few weeks. Not even any Grand Ams... wierd.

[post="27630"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What the hell do you even check for, is what I wonder....what do you actually notice? You don't see one 50s or 60s or 70s vehicle? No sports cars? Not one top line piece or a Euro something something? Do people drive nothing but Grand Ams, Impalas, Camcords, and F-150s in that town?

Where is Brookville anyway, is that in the dead middle of the state?

Not here to bust your balls or start the next great C&G beef, it's just somethign I've wondered for a long time...

What the hell do you even check for, is what I wonder....what do you actually notice?  You don't see one 50s or 60s or 70s vehicle?  No sports cars?  Not one top line piece or a Euro something something?  Do people drive nothing but Grand Ams, Impalas, Camcords, and F-150s in that town?

Not here to bust your balls or start the next great C&G beef, it's just somethign I've wondered for a long time...

[post="27801"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dude, it's like a small ass town. I doubt there's a bunch of "mainstream" or "sweet" cars out there much.

What the hell do you even check for, is what I wonder....what do you actually notice?  You don't see one 50s or 60s or 70s vehicle?  No sports cars?  Not one top line piece or a Euro something something?  Do people drive nothing but Grand Ams, Impalas, Camcords, and F-150s in that town?

[post="27801"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This thread is dedicated to Brookville. It'll tell you just about everything you need to know...

Anyways, No... I rarely see any 50s, 60s, or 70s vehicles. There is one, a Nova SS, that some kid drives to school, but other than that... Basically nothing but old beat-up pickup trucks. Also, no sports cars. A Mustang is a sight here.. as is a Camaro or Firebird. Vettes are extremely rare. I rarely see any sports cars other than those when I do see one. Also, no top line pieces... Ever. I think the most expensive car I've ever seen here was a BMW 7er... the last generation at that. Very, very few Euro vehicles. Very few Asian vehicles, too.

Basically, most people around here drive Grand Ams, Grand Prixs, Sunfires, Cavaliers, Impalas, Blazers, Silverados, Tahoes, LeSabres, Caravans, or F-150s. That's it, for the most part. As I've said in the past, the only new car dealers here are GM and Chrysler... Meaning Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Dodge, Jeep, and Chrsyler. You have to travel roughly 20-40 miles for anything else.

Sat in an HHR at the dealership this morning waiting for them to fix the alarm that they so cheesily installed. Anyway, it was a blue LT with grey cloth interior. It had the rear seat folded flat, and it was downright cavernous in there. The inside overall was nice...about as nice as my car. There was also a gorgeous amber bronze Impala LT. That color looks great on the car. Though I didn't care for the tan color on the inside (dark grey or black would have made for a sweet combo with the bronze), it looked and felt very nice in there. The switchgear all felt substantial and high quality. The Impala looks a lot sleeker in person. I take back any comments I may have made about it looking similar to the 500.

I was car shopping with my parents a few days ago, and went for a ride in the HHR, Equinox, and Malibu. They were originally going to get a new HHR, but the $5000 markup changed their mind on that. They ended up with a used 2004 Malibu LS V6. I liked the Equinox the most, I love the interior lighting on the dash. The HHR is really tall inside, but narrow. I hate the exhaust tone on the 2.2 in the HHR. I sat in the STS, and if I had the money, I would own it right now. But as for car spottings, I saw a new Maserati. Looks nice, but for the price I would just get a Ferrari instead.

I saw a Holden Maloo R8 297 with LS2 6.0 Litre tags. It was really dark purple, had same exhaust tips as a GTO in back, 4whl discs, 245/75/ZR19s. Unlike the other Maloos I've seen around the Tech Center in Warren, this one was LH drive! I've seen many kick ass El Caminos, but looking at this thing made me feel weak and dizzy. Oh yeah, it had a decal on the rear window, that said: " HSV ~ I just want one" no joke.

Yep, that's it! I like that color much better than the standard issue rental-fleet-special beige. It's almost like the dark bronzemist that was offered on the GP and Intrigue back around 2000 or so. GM can come up with some really nice colors when they put their mind to it.

Oil change at the dealer, saw 2 Solstices. Couldn't sit in them because they were sold. Although... One of them the top was down. My only gripe about it, the door panel is HARD PLASTIC, although much better than my Cavalier, but you can still see the edge of the plastic popping out. My friend (who has a Mazda3) pointed it out to me. And surprisingly, the G6 seems to have better materials. Edited by ToniCipriani

This weekend's spots: -third-gen Camaro (yeah, whatever.....except for the fact that it loked nice on the 20s it sat on, even though it was primer gray) -Dodge Challenger (yes, the version you care about) -last-gen Riviera with this weird blue two-tone -Aston Martin Vanquish ...figures I would forget the last one.

Keep forgeting to post this. I saw this Elise at a carshow in Westford Mass. (Kimbal Farms Thursday's Cruise Night) First one I've seen in the USA. I love this car... Someday I'll buy one wiht a blown engine and throw in a Ecotech or if it's possible a 215.

Posted Image

Late 70s Olds Omega sedan Some mid 70s GM coupe...I'm still trying to figure out what it was because it was too dark for me to see, but it had squarish taillights and a narrow opera window...I'm guessing it was an Oldsmobile. I know it wasn't a Cutlass because the taillights were square and the car seemed a little longer, but I'm almost sure it wasn't a Ford or Chrysler vehicle.

Remebered after I posted....it was a 74ish Chevelle 2-door on 20" wires. And last night, spotted another one that didn't have the full greenhouse, but the rear slit windows instead....weren't those called Malibus to differentiate? Or were those all simply later-cycle models?

-67-72 Chevy C-10, dropped on 20" chromes, but used as a work truck -Mitsubishi Raider on a car transport with a bunch of Eclipses. -Two Northstar Eldorados in a row in the left turn lane, both white. -60 Cadillac hardtop 4-door -54 Ford 2-door -red Viper GTS And I've been seeing new SLKs all month long

Saw a 86 4 door Cavalier in excellent condition yesterday driven by an old man, then last night I saw a 88 4 door Cavalier RS in very good condition. Saw a 1980 Buick Park Avenue for sale in front of the local service station. The owner of the garage bought this car brand new so I guess he's finally decided to sell it. I might check it out tomorrow. Went by the dealer today to pick up some plugs and sat in an Impala, HHR, and H3 for the first time. The H3 looks like a big Jeep Liberty.

That is a totally awesome sig, Vipes. bowtie, are you ok?

Yes, LA, the smaller quarter window was a later development on A body coupes, from what I bemember. I preferred the bigger quarter glass though. The '76-'77 Cutlass 4-4-2 looks good, with the big triangular glass. I like the '73 Chevelle and Laguna though, I think they got uglier as time went on, until the perfectly-sized '78 Malibu.

Yesterday there was a pristine early 80's Civic (low roof at that time) wagon in our parking lot, silver/red mouse fur. How they've kept it from disintegrating from rust escapes me, but there ya go.

Yesterday, I saw a new Fusion and new Civic sedan for the first time. The Fusion looked pretty good, but the Civic surprised me. In pictures it looked fairly stupid, but it was much better in person. I also had a fun experience with a Honda Element. As I was walking to class (I live in an off-campus apartment) two guys in an element pulled up and asked if I wanted a ride to campus. Naturally, I said yes. After sitting in one for a few minutes, I can now see why people buy them. It's a really comfortable and spacious car. Though people who buy them for looks still baffle me.