Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Queen

Well yes I am stuck in the 70's with my vinyl record player. I decided to dust it off balance the needle set up the deck and equalizer. Then threw on some old records. I played some Kansas, Eagles, Doors, Cat Stevens, and some Queen. I always never really cared for queen, but after listening to then for a little bit actually the were very talented. Now I am stuck with some songs stuck in my head. Any other 70-80's band you think were talented.

Also vinyl record's seem to have a unique audio tone that has never been masted by digital technology but CD's Are 10000000000 times better then vinyl's could ever be.

I stumbled across some vinyl last week (my parents left a whole bunch of $h! here when I bought the house from them) and spent part of my Thursday cleaning house listening to Simon & Garfunkel and Chuck Mangione.

"Like Gun powder and gelatin

Dynamite with a laser beam

Guaranteed to blow your mind"

Bicycle Race = Acid trip?

I have some CCR and Lynyrd Skynyrd playing right now.

May have to have a vinyl only party some day.

He he ... I do that from time to time.

I'll get my vinyl records out and play at least one song (perhaps 2) from each one of them.... Kinda fun, actually. Most of 'em I can't get in CD form (too old, I guess), but a handful or so I have been able to get on CD form ... and actually played those CDs during my radio show this past April.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Does your conscience bother you?" ... Lynyrd Skynyrd ... 'Sweet Home Alabama'

Records, what are those? :P

I have an old portable record player from when I was a little kid, but the only records I have are Care Bears, something that I got with a Happy Meal, and other random assorted kids records. My dad has a pretty decent vinyl collection though.

Knightfan: Love the Skynyrd quote in your sig!

*grins*

Thank you :). I wonder if anyone even NOTICES the different songs I quote in my sig each time I post. Glad you do :).

Very applicable to today given the way things are. I wonder how many here would get the meaning.

Agreed ... and I don't know. Would be interesting to find out, if we had a way to do that ... he he.

"One more sad story's one more than I can stand" ... Anne Murray ... 'A Little Good News'

I saw a Queen + Paul Rodgers concert last year, pretty good.. it was interesting to see Rodgers (whom I like from Bad Co) doing Queen songs and vice versa... Brian May is a heck of a guitarist. I wasn't much into Queen growing up in the '80s, but I've grown to like them..my favorite song is probably the one they did with David Bowie, 'Under Pressure'.

I never got into vinyl or tapes back in the day, from 1987 on I've bought CDs.. but about 7 years ago, I bought a record player and added to my home theatre after my sister bought me a bunch of '80s U2 albums (which I have on CD) on vinyl for my 30th birthday, since I'm such a fan(atic). They sound pretty good, not the same as CDs through 5.1, but still fun to listen to. I've picked up a few more vinyl records, mostly for the cool cover art...

Though while growing up my tastes in music were rooted in the '80s and later '90s, I've developed an appreciation of a lot of '70s music---from rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, AC/DC, Springsteen/ESB, The Rolling Stones, Deep Purple) and other music like The Band, Bob Dylan, Brian Eno's ambient work, Tangerine Dream, etc.

But I still really can't get into disco or punk.

The machine of a dream

Such a clean machine

With the pistons a pumpin

And the hub caps all gleam

When Im holdin your wheel

All I hear is your gear

When my hands on your grease gun

Oh its like a disease son

Im in love with my car

Gotta feel for my automobile

Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar

Such a thrill when your radials squeal

Told my girl Ill have to forget her

Rather buy me a new carburetor

So she made tracks sayin

This is the end now

Cars dont talk back

Theyre just four wheeled friends now

When Im holdin your wheel

All I hear is your gear

When Im cruisin in overdrive

Dont have to listen to no run of the mill talk jive

Im in love with my car

Gotta feel for my automobile

Im in love with my car

String back gloves in my automolove

. . . I think that says it all.

During my last year of high school in 2005 we were learning about the battle of New Orleans in history. The teacher then said she was going to play Johnny Horton's song "The Battle of New Orleans" the next day. I asked if I could bring my record player and my record of it because listening to Johnny Horton on anything other than classic vinyl would be a travesty. She said okay and promptly blew the speaker out the next day playing it for her first period class.

Ouch ... heh.

"Well, we, fired our guns and the British kept a comin'."

He he

Love that song ... played it during my radio show in April 2006 :). Sadly, I have it on CD only ... the radio station does not have a record player :(.

"Be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it all" ... Chris Daughtery ... 'Home'

94.7 is where I keep my radio at unless D&D are on 97.1.

I was so mad when 106.7 went country.

yeah there are millions of bands to go on..

Foreigner, Journey, Manfred Man, Segar, ....

"Don't look, Ethel!" :lol:

*grins*

RAY STEVENS!

THE STREAK!

He he ... I played that on my radio show in April 2006. That same year, I also played his "Mississippi Squirrel Revival". This year (April 2007), I played Ray's "The Haircut Song"! he he he

"What happened next is hard to tell" ... Ray Stevens ... 'Mississippi Squirrel Revival'

Ray Stevens is awesome, so its Skynyrd (as well they should be, one of their first great songs should be my state anthem), music from the 60s and 70s is the good stuff. I do my best to listen to it regularly....

"Well its 8o'clock in Boise, Idaho, I find my lime driver, say Mr. Take Us To The Show..."

Great Seger song that mentions Omaha (area where I'm originally from)...good one to drive to.

On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha.

You can listen to the engine moaning out its one lone song

You can think about woman, or the girl you knew the night before,

But your thoughts will soon be wandering, the way they always do.

When your riding sixteen hours and theres nothing much to do

And you don't feel much like riding, you just wish the trip was through.

Say, here I am, on the road again. there I am, up on the stage.

Here I go, playing star again.

There I go, turn the page.