Sketch Competition #18 - Chevy El Camino/GMC Caballero

Welcome to Sketch Competition #18!

Posted Image

Parallel to our Choppin' Competition, we're going to ask you sketch artists to put your pencil or stylus to work on a new car-based pickup truck for Chevrolet or GMC.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design a new El Camino or GMC Caballero. The exact bodystyle - traditional two-door or extended/crew cab - is up to you as are any special features you'd like to include. Use heritage or contemporary styling cues or make up new ones of your own.

Please include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:
-3/4 Front View
-3/4 Rear View
-Interior View

**Entries without two perspectives will still be accepted, but will incur a 1-point penalty at the end of voting**

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views, the better, including ones not specifically listed above. Also, if you want to include special features, by all means point them out!

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this must be a GM vehicle.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Friday, June 8th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

Guest YellowJacket894

Nice sketch yellowjacket.

Thanks. Don't forget that that sketch is rather old and I've got another entry coming in, so we can see how much I've improved since then. :scratchchin:

Thanks. Don't forget that that sketch is rather old and I've got another entry coming in, so we can see how much I've improved since then. :scratchchin:

you'd better have a new sketch on the way! It's been a while since you've posted anything.

mine is also on the way.

Guest YellowJacket894

you'd better have a new sketch on the way! It's been a while since you've posted anything.

Don't I know it. :P

Between trying to get a band going, improving guitar skills, keeping a relationship going, trying to find a job ... it's hard to get a free moment. But since the band thing has fallen through, I've got time to kill now.

mine is also on the way.

Oooh, oooh. Render it like you did that Saab sketch. 8)

Some Pics!

http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/GMTrucks/19...78page1_jpg.htm

http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/GMTrucks/19...78page2_jpg.htm

I still wish GM used these seatbelts!

http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/GMTrucks/19...78page3_jpg.htm

These window & doorlock buttons look so 70's and 80's. Look at the bottom, it's the old GMC Truck & Coach logo!

http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/GMTrucks/19...78page4_jpg.htm

http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/GMTrucks/19...79page2_jpg.htm

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Thanks for posting those, Custom-S, hopefully they'll inspire some of our artists. That's a really odd retouched photo of the Diablo in the first picture... the windshield disappears, revealing the seat?

Now I don't have talent for this kind of stuff, but my beagle Flea Bag, has asked me to submit 1 pawling that she pawed. Since Flea Bag's uncle is a Mexican Chihuahua (he's legal and has papers to prove it), she thought this would be her one chance to excel. Now I know she doesn't have Blackviper's talent but for a beagle she is the Blackviper of the dog world. Please notice the blacked out Beagle Ear window! :rotflmao:

Gentleman I submit for your approval, my dog Flea Bag's PAWLING!

Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Now I don't have talent for this kind of stuff, but my beagle Flea Bag, has asked me to submit 1 pawling that she pawed. Since Flea Bag's uncle is a Mexican Chihuahua (he's legal and has papers to prove it), she thought this would be her one chance to excel. Now I know she doesn't have Blackviper's talent but for a beagle she is the Blackviper of the dog world. Please notice the blacked out Beagle Ear window! :rotflmao:

Gentleman I submit for your approval, my dog Flea Bag's PAWLING!

Posted Image

That's quite a-pawling. :AH-HA_wink:

I want to render this, but im not sure if it's good enough, so tell me what you think!

Posted Image

OK, Burns, I have to be honest here....

make a sketch out of that, (color it) and add another view and you have a winner.

OK, Burns, I have to be honest here....

make a sketch out of that, (color it) and add another view and you have a winner.

thanks!

this is how it looks like so far:

Posted Image

grill is out of perspective, and i dont think the far side should bulge that much, ill fix that. Otherwise it looks pretty crappy right? well they all do at this stage ;)

Edited by Burns

I need about a week or so to finish up my entry, Im too swamped currently to work on it, so Im thinking of resuming sometime mid next week. How does midnight next friday sound?

Edited by Burns

Burns: What blackviper said.

I'm about to post mine; my scanner isn't hooked up right now and it's kinda crummy anyway so I'm gonna try and just take a picture of my sketch using my girlfriend's expensive digital camera.

meh, It was good practice and it was fun making it!

Hell yeah, that's how to think of it regardless.

Also, Flybrian, just another day would be awesome? I'm having troubles getting my sketch onto my computer. :/ I should definitely have it tomorrow.

I doubt that I'll have anything for this one. I've done about a half dozen sketches, but they're all boring. Designing Chevy's is a challenge because they're sooooooo simple. And with such a specific target as the El Camino, there's not a lot of room for imagination.