Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Sales of Buick's new Enclave are strong even before ads start

13 posts in this topic

From Auto News:

DETROIT - The new Buick Enclave crossover is creating a rare situation for many of Buick's 2,700 dealers: a customer waiting list.

"We have a lot of orders, which is the first time we've had that happen in a long time," says Bob Fusco, president of Roslyn Buick-Pontiac-GMC in Roslyn, N.Y. "We've taken seven orders sight unseen in the last four weeks."

Buick executives hope to sell 45,000 to 60,000 Enclaves this year, and early indicators show that might happen.

"From my perspective, all signs are a thumbs-up," says Lloyd Biermann, General Motors' marketing manager for the Enclave.

GM has about 9,500 early dealer orders for the Enclave, Biermann says. GM has built 2,500 since mid-April, shipped about 550 and sold 81 off lots.

I could not see the article, but I got this much from another source.

A W E S O M E

And Roslyn isn't too far from me... can't wait to see them on the road!

i got to school right next to roslyn.. i know where that dealer is... i might have to drop in to see one in person!

From Auto News:

DETROIT - The new Buick Enclave crossover is creating a rare situation for many of Buick's 2,700 dealers: a customer waiting list.

"We have a lot of orders, which is the first time we've had that happen in a long time," says Bob Fusco, president of Roslyn Buick-Pontiac-GMC in Roslyn, N.Y. "We've taken seven orders sight unseen in the last four weeks."

Buick executives hope to sell 45,000 to 60,000 Enclaves this year, and early indicators show that might happen.

"From my perspective, all signs are a thumbs-up," says Lloyd Biermann, General Motors' marketing manager for the Enclave.

GM has about 9,500 early dealer orders for the Enclave, Biermann says. GM has built 2,500 since mid-April, shipped about 550 and sold 81 off lots.

I could not see the article, but I got this much from another source.

Seven is a lot of orders? It seems small to me.

Seven is a lot of orders? It seems small to me.

Oh that's not the total amount of orders we've taken that's just all we've recieved so far.

Oh trust me I understand that, I just thought 7 wasn't that big of a number? With all the hype of these vehicles I thought the interest would be stronger. Maybe have 25 initial orders or more.

I like this news. Other than it's just a damn good CUV, I can't even begin to speculate how it's doing so well. Apparently, the customers that want one have already been well aware of its existence.

When I went to church a couple weeks ago, I saw an Enclave at our local Chevy / Buick dealership. I wonder if it's still there.

(edit: Its and it's... two completely different words. :wacko:)

Edited by aaaantoine

I was cruising the BPG I lot this evening and saw my first Enclave.

OH MAN......I'm in love. SO f-ing sweet. Acadia/Enclave? I seriously can't decide. the Enclave is BEAUTIFUL.

DRIVE BEAUTIFUL.

Lexus SO SUCKS.

You have to understand. My family was a Buick family. I grew up on Buicks. I *censored* in a front seat of one of our Buicks.

It's been forever since I wanted a Buick again. This, and the Park Avenue. My, I wet my pants. I think I would cry if I got a nice Buick again.

Buick needs to rush a 2 row version of this thing to market and to add a smaller CUV version of this thing. Call it the rendezxous.

Hey Jim, I bet you're not upset about the Rendez going away now!!!!!!!!!

I want to bear hug Ed Wellburn and The Ricker and pound shots with Maximum Bob. If every GM product nails it like the new Vue and the Lambdas, this is gonna be a sweet ride. Even if they all come from China.

Edited by regfootball

OH MAN......I'm in love. SO f-ing sweet. Acadia/Enclave? I seriously can't decide. the Enclave is BEAUTIFUL.

DRIVE BEAUTIFUL.

Lexus SO SUCKS.

You have to understand. My family was a Buick family. I grew up on Buicks. I *censored* in a front seat of one of our Buicks.

It's been forever since I wanted a Buick again. This, and the Park Avenue. My, I wet my pants. I think I would cry if I got a nice Buick again.

Buick needs to rush a 2 row version of this thing to market and to add a smaller CUV version of this thing. Call it the rendezxous.

Hey Jim, I bet you're not upset about the Rendez going away now!!!!!!!!!

I want to bear hug Ed Wellburn and The Ricker and pound shots with Maximum Bob. If every GM product nails it like the new Vue and the Lambdas, this is gonna be a sweet ride. Even if they all come from China.

Yes!

If you don't like Lexus, then don't get the Enclave...the rounded lines, in my mind, look similar.

I love the Acadia. It looks ONLY like an Acadia (and an Outlook, of course). And I happened to be in the service department and wasting time in the showroom when I saw my first Acadia. If I wasn't so committed to having a regular car, I would buy one.

Proof of what I've said all along: GM your divisions are only as 'damaged' as you allow them to be.

With the correct product, product that is competent as well as true to the meaing of the brand, ANY division can find success; especially domestic brands because they have so much untapped equity.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room