Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

2008 MKS Spy Pics

44 posts in this topic

It looks like it may have gotten an MKR grille.

Posted Image

DEARBORN, Mich. — Lincoln already showed its concept MKS at the Detroit auto show in January, so this spy shot isn’t earthshaking news. But the presence of a modestly covered-up prototype on the streets here indicates that Lincoln is right on schedule with the development of this flagship car.

MKS will rank right next to the Town Car as the prestige model in the Lincoln lineup, but the two cars could not be more dissimilar. Unlike the Town Car, the MKS will offer V6 engine power, front-wheel drive, six-speed transmission and a unitized body structure. Lincoln hasn’t said when the car will be available, but considering the timing of the prototype appearance, we predict a late 2008 introduction of a 2009 model.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/auto....html?nav=RSS20

I'm sorry - and I wish I didn't have to say this - but, man, look at it...who cares?

I gotta say though...is the Buick Lucerne anything more special? They're both genericly-styled FWD sedans that appeal to a conservative audience, even though I do like the Lucerne's understated exterior.

I gotta say though...is the Buick Lucerne anything more special? They're both genericly-styled FWD sedans that appeal to a conservative audience, even though I do like the Lucerne's understated exterior.

Except the Lucerne is on borrowed time, while the Lincoln is still more than a year away from hitting the market.

they might do better to call it a mercury

Or Taurus, since this is essentially a Five Hundred with fewer shortcomings. But I guess they expect consumers to pony up for a luxo brand to get what is otherwise a mainstream car.

Or Taurus, since this is essentially a Five Hundred with fewer shortcomings. But I guess they expect consumers to pony up for a luxo brand to get what is otherwise a mainstream car.

LMAO ford is in the crapper

stranger things have happened tho. i see a BUTT LOAD of zephyr/mkz's around

Edited by regfootball

Lincoln doesn't have a design language of its own. It has a lineup of chromed-over Fords hastily outfitted with gaudy grilles, trim, and wheels.

Anything with exclusive sheetmetal is great news for Lincoln at this point, and judging by these images, the MKS is light years ahead of any sedan in Buick's tired current lineup.

Except the Lucerne is on borrowed time, while the Lincoln is still more than a year away from hitting the market.

And the MKS was in development probably two years before Mulally's hand. It will attract traditional Lincoln customers who are looking for an understated sedan (probably the Town Car flock...I doubt they'll care it's FWD/AWD). The Town Car is on its last legs so this will have to take over as Lincoln's flagship until they can get a proper one out. With AWD and a 3.7L (possibly twin-turboed) engine, it's not going to be that bad...never mind we haven't even seen the front end yet.

You want to talk about old...the LaCrosse will still be on the W-body platform for the 2009 MY.

Edited by mustang84

What is up with that picture? The rear tire is way too wide, the ride height is messed up looking, and what is the deal with a part of a wheel behind the car? This picture is suspect if you ask me.

There's a whole lot of $h! talking going on in this thread...

Especially considering that we all support a company who's only competition to this and the MkZ are a bunch of outdated W-Bodies/G-Bodies and awkward Epsilon cars.

I'd buy a Fusion/Milan/MkZ over ANY comparable GM car, except maybe the Aura, and even then it'd be close with probably the Milan winning the bet.

And, to Lincoln's credit, I'm sure this will be just as nice or nicer than the Lucerne.

lol G-body outdated. Ohkay.

Some say the G body is nothing more than slightly stiffer 1985 C body.

lol G-body outdated. Ohkay.

It is fairly old, right? Dates back to the late 20th century, I think...not as old as the W, but pretty old..not to mention those 4spd automatics...

Edited by moltar

Ohhh the DTS has a friend to compete with... Looks pretty nice to me, and a FWD luxury makes some sense still. I like the DTS/Lucerne better, but it is a decent looking car. It better get a small V8 and AWD!

Edited by gm4life

It looks like a bland generic 20K Asian sedan. Is this what American cars are coming to? Guess i'll have to keep buying older cars.

Thinking about it ... this really a new Contiential in the sense that it's just like the last Contiential produced in the '90s: it's front-drive, based on the Taurus, and nobody could really give an honest damn.

Loved the 2nd to last gen Continental... and those V8's felt beautiful.

I'll wait to see the final product. I like certain elements about Lincolns modern interiors (and of course there are a few I can't stand like the gauges), and I do find them to be what I'd consider modern American luxury with a slight retro touch.

It looks like it might be an all right car, but I'll reserve my full judgement for when I see a lighter/no camo one.

This is the first indication I've seen that the MKS would be FWD. All previous reports stated that the MKS would only be AWD.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0