NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Spied: 2009 Chevrolet Nubira

55 posts in this topic

Third generation Nubira

To give a little background on this somewhat anonymous car, the previous Nubira generation under the Daewoo brand ceased in 2002 and was succeeded by an all new Pininfarina designed model using both Lacetti/Nubira names throughout Europe. Then in 2004, GM absorbed all Daewoo models and re-branded them as Chevy models.

Despite the schizophrenic past, this prototype sedan, caught at the Nurburgring, is believed to be the third generation Chevy Nubira. The prototype shows an all-new, rounded roofline, a more rounded front-end, and new headlights that sweep up at the sides, in a style similar to the Nubira’s big brother, the Chevy Epica. Also new, are the 5-bolt wheels, replacing the 4-bolt wheels used in the prior generation Nubira. The prototype in the photo is also equipped with 4-wheel disk brakes.

In an effort to set the nomenclature problem straight, it's rumored GM will drop the Lacetti name and all model variants will be called Nubira with an expected arrival in 2009.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

source:

worldcarfans.com:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...-at-nurburgring

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Does everything get tested at the Nürgburgring?

I understand the sporty models... but if I get to the Ring this fall and only get to see the NG Aveo going around, I'm gonna be pissed.

is this supposed replace the cobalt, too? I read someehere where gm was merging all the small cara onto 1 platform.

Yeah this is the Cobalt, isn't it?

Gee I hope not the current Cobalt is a 100 times better looking than it

It looks like a Mazda3 with uglier headlights and the Sebring black plastic on the C pillar.

Does everything get tested at the Nürgburgring?

I understand the sporty models... but if I get to the Ring this fall and only get to see the NG Aveo going around, I'm gonna be pissed.

It's a very good place to test since it pushes many of the cars components to the extreme.

but if I get to the Ring this fall and only get to see the NG Aveo going around, I'm gonna be pissed.

Never underestimate the power of th3 Av3O :smilewide:

It's a very good place to test since it pushes many of the cars components to the extreme.

Yeah, but... a Daewoo?...

Third generation Nubira

To give a little background on this somewhat anonymous car, the previous Nubira generation under the Daewoo brand ceased in 2002 and was succeeded by an all new Pininfarina designed model using both Lacetti/Nubira names throughout Europe. Then in 2004, GM absorbed all Daewoo models and re-branded them as Chevy models.

Despite the schizophrenic past, this prototype sedan, caught at the Nurburgring, is believed to be the third generation Chevy Nubira. The prototype shows an all-new, rounded roofline, a more rounded front-end, and new headlights that sweep up at the sides, in a style similar to the Nubira’s big brother, the Chevy Epica. Also new, are the 5-bolt wheels, replacing the 4-bolt wheels used in the prior generation Nubira. The prototype in the photo is also equipped with 4-wheel disk brakes.

In an effort to set the nomenclature problem straight, it's rumored GM will drop the Lacetti name and all model variants will be called Nubira with an expected arrival in 2009.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

source:

worldcarfans.com:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...-at-nurburgring

Ahh, no it won't be called Nubira, that would be two steps backward. It will have a Chrveolet name more people are familiar with.

Gee I hope not the current Cobalt is a 100 times better looking than it

Than what? It's still covered in black canvas.

Ahh, no it won't be called Nubira, that would be two steps backward. It will have a Chrveolet name more people are familiar with.

I only posted what was there.. I have nothing to do with the name.

No, no, No!

It's not the Cobalt replacement, the Balt' will still be around-though there is a good chance this car will be coming here as a Chevy too..especially if gas prices keep going up....

But It won't be called a Nubria here. Hopefully a more interesting name that won't think about those Nubrias that were broken down on the side of the freeway...

It will basically be slotted where the Chevy Prism used to be.

Smaller engine-start cheaper the the Balt'..will allow the base price of the Balt to go up a little (as the same with the 08 Bu')

As long as it looks good and offers a lot a value (and at least Prism gas milage)-it could do good here...

Than what? It's still covered in black canvas.

Still pretty sharp then. :AH-HA_wink:

Cavalier?

J/K :lol:

No, no, No!

It's not the Cobalt replacement, the Balt' will still be around-though there is a good chance this car will be coming here as a Chevy too..especially if gas prices keep going up....

But It won't be called a Nubria here. Hopefully a more interesting name that won't think about those Nubrias that were broken down on the side of the freeway...

It will basically be slotted where the Chevy Prism used to be.

Smaller engine-start cheaper the the Balt'..will allow the base price of the Balt to go up a little (as the same with the 08 Bu')

As long as it looks good and offers a lot a value (and at least Prism gas milage)-it could do good here...

The Prizm was slotted above the Cavalier. The Cobalt replaced the Cavalier, so if this were to come here and be slotted where the Prizm used to be, it would be the more upmakret compact.

Hmmm :scratchchin:

I was kidding! The Cavalier was produced for so long that the name shouldn't be used for some 20 or 30 years...

I was kidding! The Cavalier was produced for so long that the name shouldn't be used ever again.

Fixed :P

Yeah, but... a Daewoo?...

This really isn't a Daewoo any more, it's a GM-DAT vehicle... A new compact platform designed and engineered for global applications. Give it a chance :)

Yes, it was formed from Daewoo, but this isn't a rehashed 1999 Leganza, Lanos, or Nubria.

Hmm.. a small Chevrolet car featuring a familiar name? A couple of things that come to mind: Monza, Nova, and Beretta. I don't think a FWD platform featuring the 'Nova' name would go over well with anyone that's old enough to remember the original (I'll forget GM's rebadging episode with the nameplate). The Beretta wasn't anything special in and of itself, so I'm not sure why they'd want to resurrect that name; which leaves us with the Monza. I'll put my chips on a Chevrolet Monza.

Hmm.. a small Chevrolet car featuring a familiar name? A couple of things that come to mind: Monza, Nova, and Beretta. I don't think a FWD platform featuring the 'Nova' name would go over well with anyone that's old enough to remember the original (I'll forget GM's rebadging episode with the nameplate). The Beretta wasn't anything special in and of itself, so I'm not sure why they'd want to resurrect that name; which leaves us with the Monza. I'll put my chips on a Chevrolet Monza.

Chevette, Prizm, Metro, Vega

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor