Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

Consumer Reports Says Fusion More Reliable than Camry and Accord

21 posts in this topic

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/autos/...ex.html?cnn=yes

A good, reliable midsized sedan, the Fusion offers more driving enjoyment than a Camry with ample trunk space, comfortable seating for four (you can fit five) and stylish looks.

Consumer Reports says the V6 Fusion is actually more trouble-free than V6 Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys.

With contrasting stitching on its optional leather seats, the Fusion even looks good from the inside. If you need to haul long items, you can fold down the back seats right from the trunk leaving a big pass-through straight into the interior.

The Fusion is a damned good car. Too bad it only took Ford a Mazda chassis to base it on...

Chris

Anyone remember when the Taurus was numero uno? This is a good setup to see how powerful media influence may or may not be. Has Ford once again built it??? and will they come? How many camry lovers are shouting bias at this one? What a dumb argument. You can't bottle the truth, even if it is only a reflection of what people want.

It's all relative.

The Fusion is a damned good car. Too bad it only took Ford a Mazda chassis to base it on...

Chris

cars are global now. ford leveraged mazda to create a better taurus. these things are popping up all over.

let's be happy that

1- CR is giving props to a domestic brand

2- the money comes home

3- its not going to cahmree or accord.

been seeing auras on the road too. is GM/Ford cracking the code? Fusion lacks sweet paddle shifters tho.

Edited by regfootball

send this article to all your ASIAN BRAND HUMPING FRIENDS

this and the ford challenge could be what saves ford. seriously.

Edited by regfootball

I've been seeing a ton of Fusions on my morning commute downtown driven by 30-something guys...meanwhile, many '07 Camry's I see are driven by the AARP crowd. I'm not exaggerating either....I rarely see a driver under 50 in a new Camry. In fact, I passed one yesterday that was piloted by a fellow who looked like he could reminisce about the Roaring Twenties.

I have one thing to say to those owners...

" Have you driven a Ford lately?"

I've been seeing a ton of Fusions on my morning commute downtown driven by 30-something guys...meanwhile, many '07 Camry's I see are driven by the AARP crowd. I'm not exaggerating either....I rarely see a driver under 50 in a new Camry. In fact, I passed one yesterday that was piloted by a fellow who looked like he could reminisce about the Roaring Twenties.

This is what is going on. Toyota's demographic is going up. That is why they created the Scion brand. They wanted to steal those Ford and GM customers. They have. They forgot several small things..

1. They are aging with their customers. Toyota Camry is starting to have the image of an old persons car.

2. With size comes growth problems. That is why they are expanding their service areas at the dealership.

3. You do not stay on top forever. Ask GM and NBC tv.

GM and Ford and Chrysler have to start over and reestablish themselves. They lost a generation of buyers. They have to get the next generation. I did not appreciate when I saw a report that said people in my age demographic grew up on imports and do not know domestics. I did not believe that and I do not. I grew up when Cadillac was still king and each division at GM sold at least 700,000 to a million cars a year and Oldsmobile had the number one selling car. Camry was around. It was considered a "compact" car. It was not until the 1990's those car grew in size. I remember when the Maxima was rear drive and had a hood ornament and went up against the G- Body Bonneville in the 1980's. I remember the Toyota Cressida that was almost as big as the Camry is now.

No offense to anyone who owns an imported car, but people are starting to wake up and see American cars are changing. They had to. Toyota is arrogant. Honda is not arrogant. Honda does not throw it in your face. Toyota does. People support Nissan because of the styling. People say oh you GM people just hate imports.

No.. they just see that American cars can be competitive. Let''s face it.. American car companies have their backs to the wall. When you are in a corner you will come out fighting hard.

It will be styling, hard work and quality that will pull them out the corner. It will be a smartly used heritage.

GM has started to figure it out like Ford. It takes time, good marketing and perception must change. It also takes things like the Ford Challenge and GM and Ford to take back the role in the market of leading instead of following. It also takes stepping out and taking chances.

I agree with you 100% about Camry drivers. The beige Camry has replaced the beige LeSabre as the car most likely to be driven at 10 under the limit in the high-speed lane on the Interstate... with the left turn signal flashing. The Camry is morphing into its own worst enemy... an old-fart car. And I couldn't be happier. I also agree with Reg about Auras, between them and the Fusion, they're all over the roads here in N.E. Ohio. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Ford guy, but the Aura... nice.

The beige Camry has replaced the beige LeSabre as the car most likely to be driven at 10 under the limit in the high-speed lane on the Interstate... with the left turn signal flashing.

Ahh the Morse Coders. Pay attention to their messages. :AH-HA_wink:

All I can say is "Well, at least it's American."

I once rented a Milan and it was nice, so I'm sure the Fusion would be, too. I had it on the twisties on California Highway 1 out by Big Sur and it handled in a very composed manner.

Never thought about it but, yes, most Fusion drivers I see are 20 to 50. Out West, most of the Camry drivers I see are Asians and East Indians (you know, "Office Space") who probably work in the tech sector...more so than the Medicare Mabels and their toothless husbands.

Edited by trinacriabob

send this article to all your ASIAN BRAND HUMPING FRIENDS

this and the ford challenge could be what saves ford. seriously.

Including the Mitsubishi ones?

...more so than the Medicare Mabels and their toothless husbands.

:lol:

Medicare Mabel...that would be a great title for a comic strip.

Edited by mustang84

People support Nissan because of the styling.

Go Nissan!

The Fusion is so outdated with its cheap Altezza aftermarket tail lights from 2000, a fad started by Toyota. Probably to throw off its copycat competitors.

Since GM is the first American automaker waking up to style, I'm much more a GM supporter than the style-free Ford, and the half styled, half cheap cost cutting Chrysler.

Edited by JT64

...more so than the Medicare Mabels and their toothless husbands.

Oh you know Edgar and Mabel Bluehair......?

Go Nissan!

The Fusion is so outdated with its cheap Altezza aftermarket tail lights from 2000, a fad started by Toyota. Probably to throw off its copycat competitors.

Since GM is the first American automaker waking up to style, I'm much more a GM supporter than the style-free Ford, and the half styled, half cheap cost cutting Chrysler.

The Fusion is hardly outdated if it has one of the best midsize platforms on the market, one of the best interiors, one of the best handling, and contemporary style.

Chrysler may be guilty of some cost cutting but so is GM still, and the Avenger and Sebring are anything but half styled. They may not be pretty to some, but they are most certainly styled.

All of the Domestics are making headway in the midsize segment.

This is an Altezza light:

Posted Image

This is not:

Posted Image

Those are some of the better Altezza tail lights I've seen

Here's a pretty bad one

Posted Image

I hate Altezza lights. So cheesy. The Fusion has more of a 'cleared' style because there are reflector elements that are colored yet do not illuminate.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0