Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM Exec: "Look for expanded product lineups at Buick, Cadillac and Hummer"

32 posts in this topic

GM Exec: "Look for expanded product lineups at Buick, Cadillac and Hummer"

Jamie LaReau - Automotive News - May 28, 2007

ST. LOUIS -- Look for expanded product lineups at Buick, Cadillac and Hummer, says Mark LaNeve, GM's vice president of vehicle sales, service and marketing.

Speaking at a press event here to launch the Buick Enclave crossover, LaNeve said GM first needs to rebuild Buick's identity as a luxury brand. Then GM will add products to its U.S. lineup, he said.

"You've got this whole complete lineup in China that we can always leverage because the vehicles we develop for the Chinese market would certainly be interchangeable with plants in the U.S.," LaNeve said.

He said the Cadillac line has potential for new vehicles, too, as GM positions it as a global brand. The possibilities include a small crossover; a premium large, rear-drive sedan; a large crossover; and a sedan smaller than the CTS. GM currently sells the BLS, a compact sedan, in Europe.

"I'm not announcing these programs - these are all things we're looking at," LaNeve said.

He also said GM needs to expand Hummer's lineup. Hummer is expected to offer an H4, a Jeep Wrangler-sized vehicle, by the end of the decade.

Asked when GM would launch the H4, LaNeve said: "I'm not ready to tell you that. But there will be an expansion of the Hummer lineup in the future, probably multiple products beyond what it is today."

*** This is not the entire article. You need a subscription.

Give me my H4!!!! If GM brings out the H4 and executes well they can steal away some sales from the Wrangler Unlimited. Look at the huge sucess the Unlimited has brought to Chrysler, they are practically sold out everywhere.

What about P-O-N-T-I-A-C? :angry:

Send him an E-Mail and ask him ocnblu! Be nice and he will answer you! Mark is Kool! :smilewide:

mark.laneve@gm.com

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Geez, Buick has such potential, IMO. I just hope it's not to late to REALLY revive it. GM should have never created the P-B-G channel. The Pontiac brand and GMC brand should be paired, and compliment each other. Buick and Hummer should be paired in the same vein, kinda like Jag/LR. Geez....

Send him an E-Mail and ask him ocnblu! Be nice and he will answer you! Mark is Kool! :smilewide:

mark.laneve@gm.com

unfortunately, he is completely out of touch with the role or marketing.

little tiny badges on every car that no one can read without getting on their hands and knees have to go down as one of the stupidest ideas come up with by gm

unfortunately, he is completely out of touch with the role or marketing.

little tiny badges on every car that no one can read without getting on their hands and knees have to go down as one of the stupidest ideas come up with by gm

No he's not, who do you think pulled Cadillac back from the brink?

No he's not, who do you think pulled Cadillac back from the brink?

the cts, simon cox who dared to be bold and brilliant with the imaj and evoq back when everybody was still making safe moves, ed welburn who probably pushed for something bolder, and ironically enough ron zarella who let the cadillac guys do what they needed to do to produce something that got them back in the game. oh and don't forget the stroke of luck that allowed the escalade and the GMT 800 to be so hugely profitable, and all the imaging and marketing that GM wanted nothing to do with originally that helped propel the "cool" image of all the trucks. mark laneve came on when all the ducks were already in line, all he had to do was look pretty and say the right things. there have been many press releases where he has essentially said something most of the brighter joes on this site came up with long before he said it.

EDIT: let us not forget about the germans who helped the americans develop sigma....and probably jim taylor seems to be concerned with the right things when it comes to his product line......as evidenced by changes in the Cadillac line, or maybe he's not fully responsible for the good changes in the Escalade and the upcoming CTS, etc.

Edited by turbo200

the cts, simon cox who dared to be bold and brilliant with the imaj and evoq back when everybody was still making safe moves, ed welburn who probably pushed for something bolder, and ironically enough ron zarella who let the cadillac guys do what they needed to do to produce something that got them back in the game. oh and don't forget the stroke of luck that allowed the escalade and the GMT 800 to be so hugely profitable, and all the imaging and marketing that GM wanted nothing to do with originally that helped propel the "cool" image of all the trucks. mark laneve came on when all the ducks were already in line, all he had to do was look pretty and say the right things. there have been many press releases where he has essentially said something most of the brighter joes on this site came up with long before he said it.

EDIT: let us not forget about the germans who helped the americans develop sigma....and probably jim taylor seems to be concerned with the right things when it comes to his product line......as evidenced by changes in the Cadillac line, or maybe he's not fully responsible for the good changes in the Escalade and the upcoming CTS, etc.

Too bad simon never worked w/ BPG.

Big red flag for the end of Pontiac. They're backtracking and expanding the Buick lineup, adding a small "Skylark" and consolidating dealers. Tick tock.

OOOooorr.... GM finally considers Buick to be the luxury brand it's supposed to be...

You guys wouldn't be predicting the "end of Mercury" if Ford issues a similar press release talking about an expanded lineup at Lincoln, Jaguar, and Land Rover would you?

ocnblu and mwaters:What are you talking about? They've ALREADY told about Pontiac's future, namely the G8, GTO, and Alpha small-RWD stuff. You know that's coming. Buick, on the other hand, has been the forgotten child for which one has to beg and forcibly pull things out of GM.

This back-and-forth between Buick and Pontiac fans - who each want money invested in their respective marques - is exactly the reason why analysts think one of the two brands should be axed.

Hopefully, GM can feasibly live with supporting both. Hopefully, both Buick and Pontiac succeed with their new product.

... The Pontiac brand and GMC brand should be paired, and compliment each other. ...

You are just a little late to the party. Following GM's 1987 divestiture of its large truck business to Volvo/White, the Pontiac and GMC brands were combined into a single division, the Pontiac-GMC Division. Only recently has the Buick Division been added to form the Pontiac-Buick-GMC Group.

Think Oldsmobile, Plymouth, and...

You guys wouldn't be predicting the "end of Mercury" if Ford issues a similar press release talking about an expanded lineup at Lincoln, Jaguar, and Land Rover would you?

Mercury.

That looks like what is happening to PONTIAC.

how can you say that, he didn't mention the renewed future of the DTS as FWD.

Oh come on now. Just because I think differently than you and I see some sales going down the tubes without a FWD DTS/Lucerne, doesn't mean I don't think the other stuff wasn't good news. Edited by gm4life

Okay, I spout off about Buick because they have 3 vehicles for 2008. And one of them is mediocre. Give me a 4th vehicle and improve the mediocre one, and I'll be happy. Sounds like I'll have to wait until 2010 or so to be thrilled with the brand.

Pontiac is more relevant to me personally than Buick, but I don't want to see either marque die. We've heard rumors of future product for Pontiac, but nothing concrete. I wish success to all of GM's remaining divisions and subsidiaries.

Oh come on now. Just because I think differently than you and I see some sales going down the tubes without a FWD DTS/Lucerne, doesn't mean I don't think the other stuff wasn't good news.

Last I checked sales are going down the tubes with them staying FWD.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room