Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

AUTOBLOG MAZDA CX-7 LONG TERM TEST

8 posts in this topic

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/28/in-the-...da-cx-7-gt-awd/

14 mpg. NOW PLEASE CAN WE DITCH THE DAMN TURBO STUPIDITY AND PUT THE 3.5 DURATEC IN IT?

I was gonna test drive this thing but no more. Damn acadia gets 20mpg real world. and 'it's so much heavier'. I'm tired of the mags roasting the lambdas for weight when they still get much better mpg than garbage like the MDX RDX and now this gets.

Edited by regfootball

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/28/in-the-...da-cx-7-gt-awd/

14 mpg. NOW PLEASE CAN WE DITCH THE DAMN TURBO STUPIDITY AND PUT THE 3.5 DURATEC IN IT?

I was gona test drive this thing but no more. Damn acadia gets 20mpg real world. and 'it's so much heavier'. I'm tired of the mags roasting the lambdas for weight when they still get much better mpg than garbage like the MDX RDX and now this gets.

FWIW, my uncle's CX-7 Sport has been averaging 19 MPG in "the real world."

FWIW, my uncle's CX-7 Sport has been averaging 19 MPG in "the real world."

What was the driving mix?

I want to see what the Lambdas get with the same drivers....

but yea, my Avalanche can manage better than that....

edit: Uffa... and it uses premium too?

Edited by Oldsmoboi

What was the driving mix?

About 60/40 city/hwy. It is FWD though.

I can't believe Autoblog found the interior "high-quality", fit and finish "impeccable", and the ride "smooth." Maybe leather, climate control, a different radio faceplate, and moonroof make all the difference.

Edited by empowah

screw the turbo/premium/4 cylinder bull$h! on a large heavy vehicle like this. no matter how you want to attempt to apologize for it and spin it the 35 duratec is a better mill for this vehicle. cheaper engine, more power, no lag, no premium fuel, better torque band, no turbo going bad at 40k miles. the only reason mazda put the turbo in here was they needed to share development money with the mazdaspeed 3/6 motors. that and to give a perceived difference with the CX-9. now that the vehicles are in the market and established and the v6 is in production, the CX-7 needs the 3.5 v6 option pronto. it would get better mpg with cheaper gas and be a better drive all around.

Edited by regfootball

I can't believe Autoblog found the interior "high-quality", fit and finish "impeccable", and the ride "smooth." Maybe leather, climate control, a different radio faceplate, and moonroof make all the difference.

Empowah, get yourself into a Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring.

It is absolutely beautiful inside.

Mazda is doing the same crap as Chrysler, for some idiotic reason.

All lower models are missing interior trim pieces that only the Grand Touring has.

The Grand Touring CX-7 is stunning.

Essentially the Grand Touring gets different gauges, different dash, center console, steering wheel, seats, everything. You are in a completely different car.

Mazda gives only its top trim the special "Electroluminescent" gauges. That's idiotic.

The CX-7 Sport looks like dirt. Depressing. Half finished, with its clothes taken off.

The new Chrysler Sebring has the same idiotic scheme. The top trim looks awesome. All others look like depressing rental cars, with every interior part stripped of all dressings.

Edited by JT64

Empowah, get yourself into a Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring.

It is absolutely beautiful inside.

The Grand Touring CX-7 is stunning.

Essentially the Grand Touring gets different gauges, different dash, center console, steering wheel, seats, everything. You are in a completely different car.

Agreed.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0