Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Your LEAST favorite color for a car

BLACK.

Ok, it's appropriate for some cars in that it makes them look sinister or elegant. This is a given.

I don't like it because it doesn't highlight a car's good styling lines, is hard to keep clean and, to some extent, is less safe than a lighter colored car....you almost always see a white car at night, even though that's not quite my favorite color.

Your least favorite car color?

Depends on the car, really. I'd never buy any car in black because its such a hard color to keep looking good. Take the Fusion for example, it looks great in black (and other darker colors) because the chrome stands out more. Looks very bland in white, beige and silver, and I'm one of those strange people who likes cars in refrigerator white.

Least favorites-- white, bright yellow, orange, bright green (i.e. I don't care for the current Charger's 1970-style colors), bright red.

Favorites--dark blue, dark charcoal gray, dark red, silver...though the biggest frustration with dark colors is how they show every scratch....

I do like some greens--there are several olive greens that Jeep has used in recent years that I like, and a really sharp bright apple green that was on the Avalanche a couple years ago that I like. I like copper and bronze colors, I esp. like the color the Enclave prototype was shown in.

I also like light silver blues that I usually see on BMWs and Mercedes..not much of a fan of teal, esp. after Ford overdosed on it..it seems like 75% of all Fords from around 1993-1995 were teal.

I do like black, but probably wouldn't own a black car for the maintainance issues..hard to keep a black car looking good. I like black specifically on performance cars and luxury cars.

Edited by moltar

My wife wants a beige "coffee-colored" HHR. Beige and silver have to be my least favorite colors, though, primarily because they are extremely common.

The appeal of White and Black, as stated above, depends on the car. A white sedan is lame. A white coupe or roadster, on the other hand, looks angelic.

Black looks good on cars like the GTO, Charger, and Intrigue. It doesn't look so good on less menacing cars.

Red, white, orange, green, light or sky blue, and the color on my Toronado(yellow).

The reason I do not care for green is it has been a bad color for me. I was in two accidents with green cars.

My favorites: darker shades of blue, black, burgundy(dark cherry), silvers, grays, and a few others.

BLACK.

Ok, it's appropriate for some cars in that it makes them look sinister or elegant. This is a given.

I don't like it because it doesn't highlight a car's good styling lines,

What's that you say?

Posted Image

My vote is beige....

it's way too generic

The knee-jerk is white, but there are plenty of other colors which I dislike.

Give me a dark color any day, especially dark green or blue. Black is my all-time favorite for cars that are my pride and joy.

Even though my GTO is red, I usually don't like red cars. I especially dislike the orange-red that's been the standard red for so long (Chevy Victory red), but give me a blood red like the GTO or an M BMW and I'm happy with it.

Some others that I'd leave on the lot:

beige

tan

yellow

any "dayglow" color

purple

some teals

orange (except metallics)

brown

light blue or green

any "M&M" colors

pink

Beige/Tan/Sandrift

Not clean & simple like silver but can't bring itself

to commit to gold. Plain, boring & uninspired.

Silver.

I absolutely hate silver. I also hate any earthy tones and dark versions of colors (like navy blue). I like bright, bold colors. I like colors a lot seem to hate, specifically from BMW. I love Laguna Seca Blue, I love Phoenix Yellow, I like white too (but more specifically Alpineweiss on BMW's...I don't know why, but alpine and BMW goes together perfectly in my opinion). I love reds as long as they are bold....nothing too dark/maroonish. I really like oranges as well like originally on the CTS, or more recently on the vette or gto. Yellows are cool in my book, some blues, but again, nothing too dark. BMW Estoril blue is a very nice blue. Black, of course.

So, basically, for me it is all about White, Black, and vibrant/bold/primary colors. Everything else can take a hike. I absolutely hate everything else. Especially silver and the like...

Hmmm....for me, it depends on the car, I guess.

BUT ... overall ... dark gray.

Course, I dislike black ... only because it is ssssooo freekin' hard to keep clean.

Don't really have a favorite color on cars........

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

My least favorites are beige, seafoam green, or any other color that is associated with soccer moms and those who seem so ashamed of their cars that they must try to downplay their existence as much as possible.

Choosing favorites is a little bit trickier. While navy and black are the two easiest colors to look good in, i don't think I'd call them my favorites. I prefer to think of colors as a good way to tell how well a car is designed. As a rule of thumb, if a car can look good in oddball colors, then it's probably a better looking design than one that can't.

Beige and silver, although some cars in silver look really good. Really, it depends on the car...but I see beige and silver enough that I don't want my car to be either of those.

I like black as a color (I drive a black car), but Bob is right...it's extremely hard to keep clean. You can see every scratch and swirl in the paint of my car. If I get another black car, it would probably be one that I would only drive on the weekends and keep garaged otherwise.

Black is my least favorite color to own, but I like looking at other people's clean black cars. Dark colors absorb solar energy more than light colors. Acid fallout from trees, bugs and birds, etc., gets etched into the surface of a black car much quicker than other, lighter colors because of that hot surface. Plus, swirl marks, scratches... every little imperfection in the paint and the bodywork under the paint becomes more apparent.