Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Which generation do you fall under?

What generation where you born in?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. The Silent Generation (1925-1944)

• The Baby Boomer Generation (1945-1964)
    • Generation X (1965-1980)
    • Generation Y (1981-2001)

Generation Y here, although I fall pretty close to Gen X. I wonder what they're going to call the Generation after Y...Z?

Edit: Man, I didn't do the poll right and I don't know how to edit it...could someone with :admin: turn the Silent Generation into a poll option?

Edited by mustang84

Why can't you select the silent generation, is it because they are all dead? Maybe that's why they are silent. :P

:rotflmao:

Gen X.

I think that after Gen Z we'll have Gen AA, like in an Excel spreadsheet :scratchchin:

Edited by ZL-1

Why can't you select the silent generation, is it because they are all dead? Maybe that's why they are silent

Holy Sh**!

I never realized it, I must be dead. I owned three Fords in my life, so I probably can't cross over until I pay pennance for that transgression. Still, My 63 Galaxie 500XL convertible was a very nice car!

Very young baby boomer. 8)

I'm an Xer (1970), but having been raised by 'Silent Generation'/'Greatest Generation' parents and with two older siblings that are baby boomers, I've been exposed to stuff from past generations that I've come to like (movies, music, cars, etc), in addition to liking things of my generation...

When looking back at your poll, the generation gaps seem rather big. I was born in 1982 and a kid that was born in 1990 or later hardly seems like a part of my generation. IMO, generations should maybe span 5-10 years at the most. my brother was born in 1996, thats a 13 year age difference between us, we are two totally different generations IMO. I'll be 25 this year and he just turned 11...he's not even into girls yet and I've been in a relationship for a few years already....you get the point. When the grunge scene began in the early 90's music, that was the type of music I liked, it was the soundtrack for my generation...My brother wouldn't know Alice In Chains from The Rolling Stones.

The nowhere land between the Boom and X. Technically a Boomer, but I don't fit with all of that so I don't feel like I'm part of it.

what he said

Cool. Gen. X but I'm a baby-boomer at heart.

THANK YOU! I kept telling my parents I was part of Generation X, but they insisted it ended before I was born. I was born in 1977.

Tell your parents, I said you're just a baby. :P

You're only 7 years older than me. You've just lumped me into the group with BV you called a baby, who is 11 years younger than I am!

So, does that mean anyone 36 years and younger is a baby? I challenge thee to a body-hair match--the test of body maturity! :AH-HA_wink:

You're only 7 years older than me. You've just lumped me into the group with BV you called a baby, who is 11 years younger than I am!

So, does that mean anyone 36 years and younger is a baby? I challenge thee to a body-hair match--the test of body maturity! :AH-HA_wink:

I call everyone that is younger than I, BABY! As far as the body-hair match, my young Skywalker, you will lose! Feel the Power of the Dark Hair! Muuuuhahahahahahaha! :P

A generation normally spans 20 years. Normally women have children between 20 and 40 years of age. They started the generation in 1946 because that was the 1st year after World War II, when people started having loads of babies since the troops were home from the war, hence the term Baby Boomers. I guess the soldiers were not playing cards when they got home. :smilewide:

Gen X, 1973 ... same year the MC won "Car Of The Year" ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by" ... Bonnie Tyler ... 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'

Generation X but I feel cheated. How come my generation is only 15 years long while all the others are 20? X should be 65-85, not 81...

They say we (Xers) are one of the smaller generations, numbers-wise...

And I've heard of Gen Y only going to 1998, and those born in '99 and after are 'millenials' (instead of Gen Z)... I don't know..

Edited by moltar

G/F is 1983... as was that super-swank flat-black Firebird

we used to cruise around in when we were together back

in 2003. 350 crate motor from GM. :D