Tell Us Fly...

Maybe I am just inept and missed a thread or something, but what exactly does this mean:

Posted Image

Did you find yourself a new car, and just holding out on telling us? Or I am I over-analyzing things?

* If you do have a thread about this already, just merge or delete this one :]

I am over-compulsive about these types of things. :P

Honestly, I just happened to look at it really quick and was like, "WTF is up with all the x's? Did one of his odometers give out?"

And then I realized you had bought a car. Congrats, by the way!

Ok, I'll tell you...he bought my Shadow...and he's gonna trade me his Aurora since I said I wanted one. There, now ya know...and knowing is half the battle.

Posted Image

Fly, some of the sheetmetal patchwork by the rear wheel well fell off a month ago, just to let you know...feel confident in on the drive back! (Oh and the A/C compressor stopped working...in a black car...yippie!).

Edited by Dodgefan

Dodgefan,

I pass by Shadows, Acclaims, and that other one for sale daily for like $900 apiece. No thanks. :P

PCS,

I'd love a Toro. Know of an '87-92 with low-mileage in excellent condition? :D Well...maybe next year.

Pretty sure that first word in the paint colour is MOTORWAY.

Does that give anyone ideas?

Dodgefan,

I pass by Shadows, Acclaims, and that other one for sale daily for like $900 apiece. No thanks. :P

PCS,

I'd love a Toro. Know of an '87-92 with low-mileage in excellent condition? :D Well...maybe next year.

Ah, we got this baby for 400 like 7 or 8 years ago, plus..she's got experience! and double the miles of many Shadows.

Yar, but I do know whatcha got, are you keeping it secret till you get it?

Ok, I'll tell you...he bought my Shadow...and he's gonna trade me his Aurora since I said I wanted one. There, now ya know...and knowing is half the battle.

Posted Image

Fly, some of the sheetmetal patchwork by the rear wheel well fell off a month ago, just to let you know...feel confident in on the drive back! (Oh and the A/C compressor stopped working...in a black car...yippie!).

With the value Rat Rodders are putting on "Patina" I hope Fly gave you at least ten grand for that thing.

Amazing what a mere 50 years in the salt belt will do to a car.

Chris

Yeah, "polycoat" has to be pre-clearcoat (and hence, pre-80's), but I thought there was a rootbeer/mahogany color available around the mid-80's.

EDIT: sweet, Mr. Fly! But please don't tell us it's powered by a 231 V6.

Edited by ocnblu

Yeah, "polycoat" has to be pre-clearcoat (and hence, pre-80's), but I thought there was a rootbeer/mahogany color available around the mid-80's.

EDIT: sweet, Mr. Fly! But please don't tell us it's powered by a 231 V6.

C'mon ocn, you've seen the car before.

Yup. 8) Fly's check is in the mail.... I took the LeSabre off

CraigsList less than 24hrs. after it was posted. I guess the

sucker will live out it's retirement in Florida like so many

Seniors with white shoes & white suspenders.

How long is a '76 LeSabre compared to a '76 Electra? I thought I read once that the '76 Electra was even longer than the Caddy DeVille at the time. Profile shots make it look huge...as the one short guy from Top Gear would say "It takes a really long time to walk around it!"

Posted Image

Edited by mustang84