Tell Us Fly...

Here's two more photos of the Bronze Bonanza Boat.

Posted Image

Yeah... its a long beast.

Funny you say that about the length M-84... More than

once since I bought it I slammed my knee on the rear

bumper while walking around the car because I totally

misjudged the ass end in the dark.

Posted Image

1976 Buick Lasabre custom mahagony polycoat

Corvette_Dude for the win.

Ahhh ... I thought it was Sixty8's car ... course, I didn't specify it, but I was eluding to it:

Hmmm.....my guess ... a certain 4-door Buick.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

CONGRATULATIONS, Fly and Sixty8 ... VERY cool :).

Edited by knightfan26917

Reg:

They are still thicker and more substantial than any Japanese

sedan from that era. Plus if you plan on rolling this car over

than either way you are going to die somehow, it takes a LOT

to roll a car like this... the legth & width as proportionate ot

the center of gravity makes it damn near imposible at legal

speeds... all those wacky episodes of CHiPS aside.

Yup. Picking it up in early August, driving down to Lorton, Virginia, docking her on the Auto Train, and ta-da! Florida she'll arrive.

Lorton exit 163 off of 95N. If your coming up on a weekday either come through really early (pass Fredericksburg by 4am at the latest) or wait until the afternoon. Morning rush hour here is a pain in the ass I deal with it everyday. Also if your heading back home on a weekday, again try to do it early. Hit 95S no later that 11am, this is heavy travel season and traffic will be very heavy. Just to give you a perspective Lorton (Exit 163) to Fredericksburg (Exit 130) could take anywhere from 2-3 hours maybe more. And please watch your ass people on 95 just don't care.

If you come through on a weekend stop in and see me. I would like to see your car in person, just send me a PM and I'll give you my contact info.

I'm sure Fly will fly up to Sixty8's to pickup the car, then drive it halfway home (Amtrak will do the other half).

But Screaming Trees is right... you need to time yourself correctly in the Baltimore/Washington DC area on I-95. When I took 200 juniors to Kings Dominion in 2005 as their class trip, what we (motorcoach bus company & I) determined was a 4-hour drive became in reality a 6-hour drive from NJ to Richmond, VA. The bottleneck in the Baltimore/Washington DC area is what screwed it all up for the four buses.

And congrats Fly... I kinda knew that you were gonna purchase this car when Sixty8 mentioned someone contacted him within 24 hours of his Craiglist posting! IMO, this car needs dressier tires... maybe thin whitewalls??? The soldi black just aren't cutting it for me.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Thanks everyone!

IMO, this car needs dressier tires... maybe thin whitewalls??? The soldi black just aren't cutting it for me.

Ditto. Problem is, these balloon tires it's wearing now are virtually new, which is really a good thing. Replacement rubber will come in something that makes it look more like this '76 Electra...

Posted Image

I also intend to (eventually) repaint in a similar color scheme - Colonial Blue Metallic - with matching top.

Friend of mine from HS's parents had a '76 Estate Wagon in that same color (with woodgrain sides)- that was a great car.

What's your long-term plans for this beastie (besides the repaint), Fly?

Ever get the hankering to get that 455 up to 5-600 easy HP, I can point you in the right direction.

Friend of mine from HS's parents had a '76 Estate Wagon in that same color (with woodgrain sides)- that was a great car.

What's your long-term plans for this beastie (besides the repaint), Fly?

Ever get the hankering to get that 455 up to 5-600 easy HP, I can point you in the right direction.

That's a very tempting prospect in the long term, especially since my car is virtually unmodifiable. Aside from a cold air intake, PCM mod, or some other lightweight stuff, I have no options. Its such a shame because I know these Northstar/Aurora motors are so begging to have more power wringed out, but GM wants to keep any tools in-house, even for an engine like mine that they haven't made in four years. And really, that's okay. I prefer the smooth, comfortable boulevard feel I get from my Olds now anyway.

My father is planning on taking the SSEi to its street limits in terms of performance with new pulleys, etc. Of course, that's a 3800, so the sky is the limit. With this Buick, I sure wouldn't mind it being a Mustang-eater, but I am very much of the sleeper mentality - don't show 'em what you got. I know many people would trim the exhaust put some mad headers on something like a 455 and have it rumble anything coming up to you into submission. Nah, no thanks. I definitely want the velvet glove appearance over the chainmail-wrapped fist. But I will seek you advice, wise one, when the time comes. ;)

Other plans are mostly cosmetic. Stock-profile whitewalls when the time comes, a repaint to a nice blue (or dark jade green) hue when its appropriate. That's about it.

Fly:

Got your check out of my mailbox a few hours ago. Thank You.

The car will be safe & sound meantime... looking forward to

meeting you when you come to pick it up. Now you are the 2nd

C&G member to buy a car from me. XP's got my Banana Boat.

Yes, I was going to PM or call you about that.

The title and all everything else will be on their way to you ASAP.