Summer Car Spotting!

Because no one else has started teh thread yet (unless I missed it).

I'll kick things off with:

• `72 Chevelle, yellow, perfectly restored
  • `71 or so GTO, blue, for sale
  • `71 (I think) Cutlass for sale, 12k
  • 50's Ford pickup sitting in someone's back/side yard...been there a long time it looks like
and on a modern note
  • black Charger SRT-8
  • red Grand Cherokee SRT-8
  • several Edges (they are all over the place)
  • white Avenger SE (first base model I have seen)
  • silver Sebring
  • red Aura XR
  • red Serra 1500 crew cab
  • black Silverado 1500 extended cab
Edited by Dodgefan

1971 Pontiac LeMans 2dr ht, burgundy/blk/blk

1950 Hudson Hornet... (very rough, under car cover)

1962 Buick Special wagon, beige/silver interior

1958 Mercury station wagon

1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham based hearse

1975 Chevrolet elCamino

1980 Toyota Corolla 2dr ht

Forgot to mention, saw a Cadillac Allante as well. Mistaken it for a Maserati.

i see one of those maybe a few times a year. the owner buys from our smallish paint, picture frame, wall paper store

a sky

outlook

acadia

more and more T900s

Interesting... I haven't seen any "memorable" cars lately, except for the Ferraris/Maseratis on display near at the Lisbon Ritz galleries (there's a black Dodge Viper on display there as well)...

I saw something that strongly resembled a corpse wrapped in a burlap bag on the Beltway this afternoon. :yikes:

Other less morbid sightings:

dark blue '08 Taurus Limited (not bad)

new Amanti in silver

my dream S2000, New Formula Red with the 10-spoke rims

an unknown Ferrari driving through one of the lower-rent parts of Metro DC

topped off by a new Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LTZ crew cab with the Duramax/Allison combo in Stealth Grey (or whatever Chevy's equivalent to that is). It positively towered over everything else on the road.

Pictures!

Review it!

Let me drive it!!!!!

Pictures will have to wait until next week, until I get back from San Diego.

I took it around the block for a quick spin and... It's noticeably quiet over bumps, usually just a muted thump is heard. I didn't push the engine, but it moves fine for the vehicle's size and I really had to stare at the tach to notice shifts. Sitting in the driver's seat is awesome, the inset, backlit gauges are sweet and the entire layout (with wood and aluminum accents) is very pleasing to the eyes. I want my mom to break it in so I can take it out and drive it a little harder!

And... you can come all the way to So Cal to drive it, but I'm sure you can get a test drive if you're willing to waste some time with the bozos at the dealership!

Made my road trip today. Saw the following:

Altima Coupe

Durango MCE (I think)

GMC Typhoon

Not 30 minutes after spotting the Typhoon I've ever seen in my life, a lime green Lamborghini Murcielago with black rims and blacked out tail lamps drove past, followed immediately by a charcoal grey Lamborghini Gallardo. I was able to keep up long enough to admire both vehicles, and roll down my window to listen to the engines.

I ran accross a Cadillac and La Salle car club, and saw a couple Sedan de Villes from the early 60's, an old Eldorado and some other really coold old Cadillacs and a La Salle.

Later on in the day I saw a Ron Fellows edition Z06 parked outside a Porsche dealership.

• 4 weeks later...