Followers 0
mustang84

Taurus tag line: 'Safest car in America'

9 posts in this topic

Taurus tag line: 'Safest car in America'

Richard Truett

Automotive News

June 6, 2007 - 5:14 pm

Ford Motor Co. will launch the new Taurus this summer with the tag line: "Rated Safest Car in America."

Last month, the Taurus and its sibling, the Mercury Sable, earned the highest scores possible in crash tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

NHTSA awarded the Taurus and Sable Five Star ratings in all crash test categories. The IIHS selected each car as a "Top Safety Pick" for scoring the best possible ratings in side, front and rear collisions.

Ford sold the first 125 new Tauruses in May and is cranking up production at the Chicago plant for a summer launch.

---------------

Competitive horsepower and fuel efficiency, cavernous interior, all-wheel drive, Ford Sync option, and one of the safest cars on the road...Ford's got a winner, IMO.

Edited by mustang84

this and the high position in the JD power, and the new improvements, make it the best taurus ever, styling aside.

did it get more power? I thought these things were dreadfully underpowered? Not dissing - just know nothing about them. I honestly think they look nice. The Edge has really grown on me as well.

did it get more power? I thought these things were dreadfully underpowered? Not dissing - just know nothing about them. I honestly think they look nice. The Edge has really grown on me as well.

Edge's 3.5 goes into all of these puppies. I've actually got a soft spot for the Freestyle/Taurus X. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

Edge's 3.5 goes into all of these puppies. I've actually got a soft spot for the Freestyle/Taurus X. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

I would have an Acadia or Enclave for pure class and luxury, but for the crossover on a budget (and really even not), the Taurus X would be my absolute first choice. From spending a few days with a Freestyle last year, I couldn't believe such an all-around great vehicle was wrapped in such an unappealing skin.

with 60 more hp and a quieter interior, better ride and steering you can see howit might be a sleeper in the crossover category.

it will go out the door many thousands less than the lambdas and get a little better mpg and handle quicker i think.

less roomy, but there's the rub.

I would have an Acadia or Enclave for pure class and luxury, but for the crossover on a budget (and really even not), the Taurus X would be my absolute first choice. From spending a few days with a Freestyle last year, I couldn't believe such an all-around great vehicle was wrapped in such an unappealing skin.

If you think 'People Mover' rather than CUV, it becomes more understandable. I think they dumbed down the Ford Territory (Australia) look to come up wiht the Freestyle, or 'Style free" which is a more accurate descriptor....The Lambdas are clearly in a different class....but I blame Ford's sh!t marketing efforts for the Freestyle's failure, even more than the boring looks..

While I agree that the Ford Marketing has failed at getting the message out on the Edge, Freestyle and we shall see on the Taurus. But I have to say that the marketing of the Lambdas has sucked. There is an ad for the outlook that shows it driving down the road with people in it. That is it. Then the ad for the Acadia that shows stuff from all over town converging in a parking lot and becoming an Acadia. (The kayak goes into the truck to make it float, right?) The Enclave ads show style and sophistication...but not a lot of substance vis a vie the truck's attributes.

The Edge ads where the truck is on two wheels driving on walls and building edges does nothing to show the attributes of the trucks. The Lincoln ad for the Edge has some hot chick (MILF) action...shows seating for 4 with 4 6-foot surfboards in it...yeah, right - but again, attractive truck that shows me a lot of a beach scene and surfers...not a lot about the truck. Cannot say I have seen any ads for the Freestyle, Taurus, or 500. Focus touts its mileage numbers..not the drive.

Look at the Mazda 3 Ads...so fun to drive you will have to chase the guy who borrowes it down with ANOTHER Mazda...and in the process shows a lot of the features of the car. Acura: Guy gets in the car, orders flowers, dinner reservations, sets the nav system, and paddle shifts his way to his date...features - check! Content: Check! Sporty driving experience - Check. Mercedes: Slow motion of car/SUV/van avoiding accident at construction site. Actor boy takes time to go over what is happening in that split second which is now 30...great camera work, great shots of the cars reacting - Again: Features - check! Content: Check! Sporty /safe driving experience - Check. Mitsubishi shows the Lancer Rally going around corner after corner, shows features and the fun driving experience...even if it is just the clover leafs of the highway.

When is the last time you saw any of the big three doing this with ANY of their cars? I really think that they need to look at this marketing and try it on their cars. Might actually take the time to clean up some misconceptions that are out there as well.

At least it's no longer (unofficially) advertised as the most boring car in America.

I agree, Toesuf94. The Big 3 need to turn to other ad agencies and other ways of marketing their products.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0