Get the Creative Juices Flowing

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, here's another one, this time for the Cobalt SS. I changed some details to make it reflect the '08 model.

Posted Image

Again, DeviantArt photog' > GM's photog'.

well, i would get in tune with the nascar fans on one idea. the tagline, "The Car of Tomorrow, Today." with Chevy having so much success in Nascar, you have to take advantage of this. remember, America loves winners. with Chevy winning at least 10 of the first 12 races, how can you not expand on this.

My 2nd idea would focus on the corvette and new camaro. this is what i call my "legends" idea. i would show the '60's trans am series camaro and then morph the vintage footage into footage of todays new camaro on the test track with a voice over stating the performance numbers of either the z28 or SS trim car. for the corvette, i would show the corvette thru the years. almost like cadillac did on that one commercial from the first caddy to the XLR. talk about how this is the most advanced, best handling, best performing vette of all time. that statement should apply to all the various model vettes shown. at the end, show a teen, who's a future driver walking by the showroom and staring at the vette. tagline, "the legend continues."

i think the truck ads are great! i wouldn't touch them.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend came up with this idea:

Basically have GM start a "reliability museum". By means that for owners who keep their cars in pristine and running condition for 20-30 years, GM will offer a brand new vehicle to them for half price (or free if it's a previous MY), and take their old car into the museum. The cars must be judged by independent judicator to be unmodified, pure stock and driven regularly with proper amount of miles on the car.

Then GM can use this to market how reliable their cars are.

I originally posted this in the Hybrid Comparison thread in the Saturn forum, but thought it might be more appropriate here. Soon, GM will have three different types of hybrid vehicles in their product portfolio:

Mild Hybrids

Two-Mode Hybrids

Plug-In Hybrids

Of those, the Two-Mode hybrid is the only one that's comparable with the hybrids offered by Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. That's great, actually - more choice is a good thing.

However, the Mild Hybrid is all that's available right now, and it's not called a mild hybrid - it's called 'hybrid'. Since the Camry, Altima, and Accord Two-Mode hybrids are also just called 'hybrid' non-analogous comparisons arise. And of course the cheaper mild hybrid will look bad when comparing performance and mileage to a full hybrid.

That's GM's fault. As far as I'm aware, even when the two-mode hybrids become available, there won't be any visual differentiation at all between the mild and two-mode versions. That's a recipe for confusion and more faulty comparisons. Were it me, I'd break them in into separate mini-brands:

Mild-Hybrid: Don't call it a hybrid at all - name it something like "Power Assist", and say that it uses hybrid technology to inexpensively give a boost both MPG and power when accelerating compared to standard four-cylinder engines. Market this as the economical choice.

Two-Mode Hybrid: Call this one simply "Hybrid", just like other manufacturers to. Market *these* against the competition's comparable models - Aura/Malibu against Camry/Altima, Vue against Escape, etc.

Plug-In Hybrids: Were it me, I'd market these as electric vehicles that have a combustion-engine backup, since for most shorter commutes, you may not need a gas engine at all. Call them "EV Hybrids".

Give each hybrid "brand" its own unique logo and slap them on the respective vehicles. Then, market the hell out of the fact that, with the FlexFuel engines, GM gives you more options than anyone to decrease our depenency on foreign oil and save the environment.

-RBB

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...