DetroitNut90

Spied: 2009 Ford Fiesta

9 posts in this topic

Spy photographers have snapped the first photos of the 2009 Ford Fiesta, photographed while taking a break from testing on North American soil. No longer just for fuel-conscious Europeans, this next-generation Fiesta will be sold in the U.S., as confirmed by Ford officials at the previous Geneva Motor Show.

The Fiesta's design follows Ford of Europe's kinetic design language, and this look is expected to be sold virtually unchanged on each side of the Atlantic.

Leftlane News

looks pretty tiny...... with quite alot of ground clearance for it's size

After seeing this photo I believe I saw a un cloaked one here in San Diego.

The car looking much like this one with what looked like a black Ford emblem on the rear cut in front of me and off an exit on 405.

I was unsure of what I saw and could not get a camera out since I was driving.

I can say it was very small and had 4 doors. It looked much smaller than a Aveo.

It was black and had no checks stripes or anything else. I never got a look at the front so I can not comment on the grill.

From the rear it hadf a LE car stance.

looks pretty tiny...... with quite alot of ground clearance for it's size

That's what I was thinking. That ground clearance looks ridiculous... Maybe they are testing for a crossover version too and just put the smaller car's body over top. I love the edge style rear section!

This is a Brazilian car derived from the KA... NOT the N.A. Fiesta.

Will it use the next KA / Fiat 500 platform (which I don't know if it's an all-new platform or a reengineered one)?

The 500 is based on the slightly shorter and narrower Panda. The Brazilian KA is based on the platform of the Fiesta and Ka, a cheap model based on an old platform like the Celta.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor