Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Boredom, thy name is Kimura!

15 posts in this topic

Yeah, so I'm bored and not very sleepy yet despite the the time and the fact I have work tomorrow...so I did a little sketching. It's not cars, it's Kimura...who is my online persona everywhere else but here. Comments and potatoes are welcome! (but not tomatoes)

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

Dude, your online persona is a chick? :blink:

remember how everyone ganged up on MB88 for posting anime? Partly because it was hideous and mostly because this site is about GM automobiles?It's good... but yea just sayin... Lest we 4get.

Dude, your online persona is a chick? :blink:

No, just has long hair. :P The Kimono has a tendency to blur gener differences since it's "baggy". For anyone who's ever seen/heard of Rurouni Kenshin you'll know what I mean

remember how everyone ganged up on MB88 for posting anime? Partly because it was hideous and mostly because this site is about GM automobiles?It's good... but yea just sayin... Lest we 4get.

Yeah well this was just the result of boredom and insomnia...there was nothing new posted at that time. If it'll please the court, here's some car/wheel sketches mixed with random stuff. I was experimenting with inking (very tough to do well) :P

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

looks like a mix between ruroni kenshin and ... can't think of the other show's name...

cool

Yeah well this was just the result of boredom and insomnia...there was nothing new posted at that time. If it'll please the court, here's some car/wheel sketches mixed with random stuff. I was experimenting with inking (very tough to do well) :P

Posted Image

haha. that's better. You have lots of talent. Whenver i watch anime I'm always like "Damn do they only have 80's era Camrys in japan?"... I'd like to see that car fully developed. Is that a GTO?

looks like a mix between ruroni kenshin and ... can't think of the other show's name...

cool

Inuyasha :P This was my first "original" character that I drew up 6 years ago (when I first started drawing anime/manga style). My fvaorite shows at the time were Inuyasha and Kenshin...so I combined the two. You should see some of the first drawings, they sucked hardcore :P

haha. that's better. You have lots of talent. Whenver i watch anime I'm always like "Damn do they only have 80's era Camrys in japan?"... I'd like to see that car fully developed. Is that a GTO?

I'm not sure...I was thinking either GTO or Firebird (note the Camaro resemblance in the beltline). I was just sketching out what might be a nice fascia, and the body follows...not great but it's ok. The wheel design followed, which I rather like. ^_^

Truth be told, I never understood Japanamation.

I mean, like... what the f*ck?

Posted Image

Truth be told, I never understood Japanamation.

I mean, like... what the f*ck?

Posted Image

Japanese animation use different expression exaggerations than American animation. The biggest difference between the two on a purely artistic basis is that anime/manga characters tend to be anatomically correct and proportionate, as well as having all five fingers, whereas American animation tends to be out of proportion and not anatomically correct (example: most American cartoon characters have only 4 fingers. Anime also tends to display a far greater level of detail than American cartoons...both in terms of character design and backgrounds. Culturally, American cartoons are, for the most part, aimed at children (Family Guy, The Simpson and South Park being some of the few notable exceptions. Japanese animation, on th other hand, has a broad genre and age appeal, form kids to adults, with great vacation in story, character, and plot. Plot is the other main difference between Japanese and American animation. Most American cartons have no real plot that lasts more than an episode, while anime tends to have a broad, engaging story. In addition, the story and characters play out in such a way that the viewer can relate to them (no character in an anime is ever perfect. These characters are much easier to rel;ate to on a personal basis than say, Superman. There are exceptions on both sides of course. For example, Beast Wars Transformers had an excellent plot and characters that ran the length of the series. On the other hand, shows like Bobobo-Bobobobob has almost no plot and makes even less sense.

Some people hate it, some people (actually a lot of a people) love it. I fall into the latter catagory :P

Edited by Dodgefan

No, just has long hair. :P The Kimono has a tendency to blur gener differences since it's "baggy". For anyone who's ever seen/heard of Rurouni Kenshin you'll know what I mean

Posted Image

I see what you mean (note the wheel wells) and I know where you're coming from.

If I had a Wacom, I'd ink my artwork digitally. I found that the next best thing is to up the brightness and contrast:

Posted Image

(I really have to finish coloring that.)

In general, I prefer the clean look of vector lines, but putting them down with precision takes too much time with a mouse.

I did this a few days ago. Hand-drawn and then colored/shaded in Photoshop. Its not completely cleaned up, but its nearly finished.

Posted Image

I use to draw all the time in high school, but fell out of the habit. Just recently, well since becoming unemployed, I've found a lot of time on my hands so I've started to draw some, this is the first thing I've taken to the PC to color and shade. I would LOVE to have a Wacom board so I could draw on the PC (my birthday is in two weeks if any of you want to buy me something :P). I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

I did this a few days ago. Hand-drawn and then colored/shaded in Photoshop. Its not completely cleaned up, but its nearly finished.

Posted Image

I use to draw all the time in high school, but fell out of the habit. Just recently, well since becoming unemployed, I've found a lot of time on my hands so I've started to draw some, this is the first thing I've taken to the PC to color and shade. I would LOVE to have a Wacom board so I could draw on the PC (my birthday is in two weeks if any of you want to buy me something :P). I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

I think you have lots of talent.

Hey Dodgefan, did you learn to draw anime from a book, or just worked on it on your own?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0