Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

SPY SHOTS! 2009 Lincoln MKS Interior

57 posts in this topic

Spy Shots! Interior of the 2009 Lincoln MKS
Posted Image
Link to Original Article & High-Res Photos @ Autoblog

The spy photographers from KGP have been scoping out Lincoln MKS prototypes for a while, but this is the first time they've gotten close enough to get a clear view of the interior. The first thing we noticed is that the production interior retains many of the shapes, lines and styling cues from the interior of the Lincoln MKS Concept that debuted at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show. The center channel speaker atop the dash, the four large air vents, the metal trim accenting the sides of the center console are all examples of what Lincoln designers decided to port over directly from the concept. Whereas the concept's dash was awash entirely in buttery soft beige and brown leather, the production interior adds a wood accent bar that spans the width of the dashboard and is repeated on the steering wheel (and likely the door trim). It appears that the top of the production MKS dash, however, will still be covered in leather, as stitching is clearly visible in these spy shots. The center console, however, is devoid of any expressive styling, instead relying on the corporate parts bin to fill the space allotted with buttons and dials. Overall we agree with KGP's assessment that while tasteful and pleasant, the interior of the Lincoln MKS sedan will have a difficult time measuring up to the new standard set by the 2008 Cadillac CTS.

Damn, very sharp. Not wild, but clean, handsome and attractive.

Looks like Ford is finally getting their interior designs together. I'm very impressed by the 2008 Escape and this looks very nice as well.

It looks good. Better than I had expected. The center stack may be filled with items from Ford's parts bin but at least everything seems integrated and flows smoothly. The only thing that looks slightly odd is how the leather does not cover the center of the dash (that square area). Is that a speaker or is the leather not there for design reasons?

The only thing that looks slightly odd is how the leather does not cover the center of the dash (that square area). Is that a speaker or is the leather not there for design reasons?

Pop-up screen, maybe?

I like that interior: clean and definitely not overdone.

reminds me of the interior of the new jag XF, ummm-hmmmmmm.

i'd say overall impressive. they don't have bad interior designs, per se, they just need better materials and fit and finish. If lincoln is a Buick competitor, this is good.

what's with the goofy dash top? i doubt anything would "pop-up" in the huge gap/cutout.

how hard/expensive would it be to make all those black controls have a silvery finish instead? it would do much to enhance the interior.

Edited by jbartley

The toilet seat cover cutout is for the center channel speaker.

See, is it nice? Yes. Is it better than what Lincoln has now? Certainly. But this is their flagship - their flagship[b/] - their best offering. For that, I don't think it cuts it.

LMAO, whats with the big red button? Does it eject the passenger or something?

The toilet seat cover cutout is for the center channel speaker.

That is the flush button.

Where is the bar for TP?

kill switch I'd guess

I actually like the 'toilet seat'. It's meant to reflect the logo, though it does look a bit religious (I see a cross). I dont like how the lower console bites Volvo and the overall look reflect the 500 Taurus's and Interceptor's 'horizontal complex'. The shifter looks good too!

I hope they move the little screen thing up top to line up better.

Not world class, but way better than I would imagine from Lincoln!

WORK

BLOCKS

AUTOBLOG PICTURE GALLERIES

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I like it a lot!

I especially like the 'weird' dash simply because it isn't the same ole bland $h! from the asians that everyone seems to be copying now.

Looks like something Hyundai would make. The materials look rich, but color me unimpressed about the appearance. The MKZ's high-cowl dash is more original... this can be confused with some other brands.

At first I was impressed, but then I decided it's nothing too great, just good for a Ford. The design is very generic and reminds me of a lot of other designs, though it copies nothing directly.

Certainly a big improvement over what Lincoln has now, and the materials look nice, but the design is "meh."

Not really impressed. This is a would-be luxury car (as Brian said, Lincoln's top-of-the-line sedan) - so what's with the dull gray swath of plastic stretched up from the console?

This would look really good in a low-end Mercury, and fantastic in a Ford. In a Lincoln - and a pricey Lincoln, at that - I will reiterate my lack of enthusiasm.

Also, I believe the red button releases the oxygen masks - for when the owner realizes he really would rather have had a 300C.

It's nice.. but it's not something that would make most people want to pick this over an Acura TL or even the Lexus ES if they were looking for a really luxurious experience. This actually sort-of reminds me of the Daewoo Tosca interior and it even has similar HVAC/Radio switches to recent GM offerings.

interior shot

I think the interior looks great. I think it'll be the best modern Licoln introduced.

Here's another pic. A closer one that shows more detail. The leather dash and steering wheel looks fantastic. Here, it's obvious that the center cutout in the dast is for the channel speaker. Very cool.

Posted Image

Okay, the leather stitching does look good, and I like the stylized gauge faces.

But that's still dull plastic all over the center console. What happened to that neat stainless-look trim Lincoln was using before?

Yeah, what's with the acres of dull black plastic?

After looking at the interior more...it dawned on me...Ford is finally changing the radio and HVAC controls in one of their cars! Also looking closely it seems that the Lincoln logo has been slightly updated on the steering wheel. :scratchchin:

It's good... but is it 2009 MY good?...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0