Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Best Cars for CEOs

evok

What, no Lexus??? I'm shocked and appalled. Good showing by Caddy, of course. My personal pref might be a black on black/red STS-V B)

Well, well...

My, how times have changed!

GO CADDY and GO FORD!!!!

The breakdown:

4 American cars.
6 European cars.
0 Asian cars

Guess those new Infiniti's aren't so hot either.

Of course; 1) I'm sure the public won't take note or will brush off the fact that not one asian car made the list and 2) I'm sure the public has no idea that an Aston is actually a Ford.

P.S. I was sure the Chrysler 300C or 300 SRT-8 would've made the list?!?!?!?

FOG, it's not that the public won't take notice of this. This article is designed for CEOs, not the general public. OF course, the general public could notice this and see some cool American cars, and that's about all. But these cars aren't for the general public, they are for the wealthy. General Motors general public mainstream cars are not as good as the competition, when they get there, and higher, the general public will notice. Until then, the advances they make have to be spread across the line, and they have lots of advances to make.

agreed on the 3 series but I would have to say that more CEO's drive big (7 series) BMW's and (S class) M-B's then Audi's, and dont get me wrong i love cadillac espically their SUV's but come on there is no way the XRL should get best convertible for a CEO, the SL wins hands down

One CEO I know drives a 540i, another drives a 750iL, the CEO of my current company drives a Prius, and the previous CEO (before the merger) drove a Caddy Escalade. I have a few coworkers with 3-series, though..

The CEO at my former job had a Bentley, Rolls-Royce and a Callaway sports car. At my current job, the CEO has a Mercedes S Class and a BMW SUV. I think the Asian brands did not make the list because their brand image has been diluted by all of the cheap product that they dump on the market. Everyone can afford an Acura, Infinit or Lexus. The brands are about as exclusive as Buick. Lexus in particular needs to dump its low end models because they look too much like dressed up Corollas.

A.K.A. Successful trend setters; for which a large portion of the public strives to be or be like.

Hopefully :D

Of course, my perception is related to brand image as a whole for GM and it's divisions.

[post="24383"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly... It shows that GM has hit the bull's-eye with Cadillac's new direction. This is the market segment Cadillac belongs in. It's great to see Cadillac have a presence, instead of just a coincidental appearance.

Further proof that Lexus, Infiniti and Acura are NOT luxury brands.

I can only see them make it to rice-boy wishlists.

[post="26753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Come on now, they don't make it onto one luxury car list and all of a sudden they aren't luxury cars?

Let's not kid ourselves.

Seriously, I never considered them to be. They are just like what a Sunfire is to a Cavalier, back in GM's earlier years.

Plushier, more expensive. That's all. Maybe sometimes a little bit of nifty feats. But that's about it.

[post="29736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So wait...I'm not getting this. What makes them any less luxury than Cadillac or the Germans? :huh:

So wait...I'm not getting this. What makes them any less luxury than Cadillac or the Germans? :huh:

[post="29752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Lexus strikes me as 'Luxury sans character.' The perfect car, perhaps, but we all favor less than perfection - a little growl from the exhaust, a little road noise, a little styling some may call beautiful or ugly. I think that character, that panache, that presence is something Lexus has always lacked in its flagship. It doesn't say much besides "Hey, guys, I'm driving a Lexus." Choosing a Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, or Audi makes more of a statement about yourself.

Acura, well, they still haven't made a real 'flagship'. The Legend came close, but the succeeding very evolutionary RL was more Park Avenue than S500. In fact, I would argue the Buick had more flair than the RL. The current RL underwhelms the eyes to say the least. No presence, no flamboyance, just...an Acura.

I like Infiniti. They need to work on a lot of little stuff - M45's down syndrome taillamps, poor center stack ergonomics across much of the line, the unnecessary pig of a QX56 - but they have alot going for them, mainly the style, the powertrains, and the innovation. All they need is to figure out what their big kahuna is - M or Q. Personally, I like the Q.

To me, they're all luxury though, to varying degrees. I would also consider Buick and Lincoln to be luxury, too.

Acura, well, they still haven't made a real 'flagship'. The Legend came close, but the succeeding very evolutionary RL was more Park Avenue than S500. In fact, I would argue the Buick had more flair than the RL. The current RL underwhelms the eyes to say the least. No presence, no flamboyance, just...an Acura.

Ya know... I'm not too sure how much of a luxury brand Acura is. I think it's more of a premium brand above Honda, not directly luxury. The RSX, TSX, and NSX are merely rebadged Hondas. Only the MDX, RL, TL are luxury. Even then, they are more sporting than luxury. I think I like it this way...

But as for the RL. IDK... I don't find it to be bland. The exterior can in some places, but generally speaking, I don't see it. The interior... it is truly unique especially compared to the STS's interior.

[post="29752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know some (rich) people who will buy Mercedes, Bimmers, Caddies even Volvos, but will never consider a Lexus or an Acura.

I can justify calling them premium brands, but not quite luxury.