Sketch Competition #19 - NG Chevrolet Aveo

Welcome to Sketch Competition #19!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Though certainly not as beloved as the Corvette, Chevrolet's little Aveo is not something to be ashamed of. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact; the little Korean compact is America's second best-selling subcompact (behind only the Yaris) and still the only domestic offering in its class. And, with recent improvements, its become a car whose only real sacrifice is exterior bulk. As fuel prices continue to climb, traditionally low sales of smaller vehicles can only go up, especially as new entries from Ford, Chrysler, and others find their way stateside.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design the next generation Aveo. The biggest restriction in this competition is size as the Aveo is a subcompact car. Exactly how small is your determination, but remember this is America and cars ridiculously small (SMART) are niche market players. Bodystyle and configuration are your choices; remember that this segment is no longer the realm of the stripper - subcompacts must feel substantial. Sedans are the standard, but remember the utility of a 5-door hatch, the sportiness of a coupe, and, yes, there are still some that miss the Geo Metro convertible, so be innovative! Point out any unique or special features your vehicle has and remember, in this market, sometimes the more creative, the better. Apply that consideration to interior as well as exterior styling. The recent microcar concepts may provide some inspiration.

Please include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:
-3/4 Front View
-3/4 Rear View
-Interior View

**Entries without two perspectives will still be accepted, but will incur a 2-point penalty at the end of voting**

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views, the better, including ones not specifically listed above.

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this must be a Chevrolet vehicle.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Saturday, July 14th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

• 2 weeks later...

Not only am I the first respondent, also the first entree??!! That's a first! Anyway, I had to kind of rush this due to other plans I had so I wouldn't be able to work on it, so here goes: Introducing the all-new, completely redesigned 2012 Chevrolet Aveo SS subcompact sports sedan.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MarioBro88

Guest YellowJacket894

MB, that's a step back, man. Really, really busy ... and why did you draw a front-drive car doing a rear-drive "burnout" (why did you want to do that in the first place)?

MB, that's a step back, man. Really, really busy ... and why did you draw a front-drive car doing a rear-drive "burnout" (why did you want to do that in the first place)?

I wanted too make an SS model instead. Yeah, i thought it was kinda busy, also. COuld I possibly alter my entry slightly?

this is my first attempt to post a concept car sketch for a contest.

a few things to better explain whats going on here:

-the top of the rx4 aveo is a power-sliding glass roof. that will slide into the back portion of the roof.

-available options will include: 3-door hatchback -or- quad-coupe hatchback

rear driver and passenger windows will open.

-it will also have the option of either 2 wheel drive or all wheel drive.

the all new rally inspired chevrolet aveo RX4

link to a better view of the car.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_9rJlqf6QVDM/Ro87R6...s1600/Jason.jpg

post-4921-1183792189_thumb.jpg

How's this?

Posted Image

Much better. :thumbsup:

If I was you I would give the dash some work too. What pencil/pen tip are you using? Try with a 0.2mm tip or a calligraphy pen. The lines will not be dark.

Can you make the wheels bigger? Especially the rear one, it seems disproportionate to me.

^^

I'm no perspective master, but I think You should cheat that rear.........on the front view. It makes the car look huge.........

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but they're not perfect as far as perspective goes. The front and rear don't quite mesh as well as I'd like, but I'm too lazy to change anything. :P

Sedan and a 3-door hatch:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really liking the two-door hatch, Viper. I can only hope they sell that style here on the next go-round - the Accent and Yaris currently own that market by default, but neither is really to my liking as tiny cars go.

The sedan's good too, but if it were my rendering (I'm okay at drawing, but I can only dream) I'd bump up the line of the rear decklid just a touch - give a little more mini-CTS feel.

Good details, too - love the "hidden" door handles and the big alloys, though both might be a touch expensive in this price class.

RE-ENTRY 20XX AVEO Rx4 Rally .................................

my first submission did not really meet my expectations, or the contest specifications either, probably.

so i decided to enter a revised submission

got the itch for speed?

a fixation for excitement?

we got the CURE:

the all new 20XX CHEVROLET AVEO Rx4 Rally

use when needed.

**::side effects may/will include: rise in adrenaline, high heart rate, excitement, dependancy, confidence, avid use of accelerator.

***consult your dealer for acessories.

if photos are too large to view, please use the url's above each reduced picture.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1058/796516...403a3d3.jpg?v=0[/img]

post-4921-1184310786_thumb.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1095/796516...50b7be4.jpg?v=0[/img]

post-4921-1184310814_thumb.jpg

and sorry so big.....haven't figured out how to scale them down.

Edited by mxpx4jem

I really like your designs, mxpx4jem. They look kinda like 80's or 90's futuristic concepts (which were the best kind of futuristic concepts). The way you arrange your view is kind of distracting, though.

I also like the Eagle in your sig. =D

I might submit a design, but I haven't been pleased with any of my own. I can't get the hang of this "subcompact" thing.