Sign in to follow this  
Cubical-aka-Moltar

Toyota launches new Ractis

16 posts in this topic

There are tons of these types of vehicles in Japan (I believe they are called Mini mini-vans, lol), they just never come over here because they aren't powerful enough for American buyers. They are really popular in Japan however. I have heard talk about Honda and Toyota both bringing over a version of these vehicles. I personally like Honda's better:

Posted Image

Good interior room too for such a tiny car:
Posted ImagePosted Image

And of course, a Type S version:
Posted Image

I wouldn't surprised if we start seeing these things before long driving on our roads.

Wow, I never thought I'd see something that made the Echo look good.
  They really buy those things over there?

[post="23867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, and in Europe also... there are a few European monospaces also like these...the Citroen Picasso, Renault Megane, etc..

One of the wierdest looking small people-movers is the Fiat Multipla..I've ridden in taxi versions of them, and they are HUGE inside..room for 3 across front and back easily.

Hmmm.....

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

=

Posted Image

Ahhhh, not quite. There are B-segment hatches like the Aveo, Scion xA and Honda Fit. There are B-segment monospace MPVs like the Fiat Idea, Opel Meriva, Nissan Note (typically taller than a hatch with longer wheelbase and fold-flat seating). There are B-segment box-style MPVs like the xB and Nissan Cube/Cube3. There are B-segment vans like the Toyota Porte, FunCargo and Honda Mobilio (even taller). Then there are the B-segment high-roof commercial vans like the Suzuki APV and the old Mazda Bongo (forward control and taller again). The Ractis is a typical monospace MPV, slightly longer and wider than the xB, but with a 2" longer wheelbase and roughly 1.5" wider track. Edited by thegriffon

So I wonder when GM is going to start bring their little cars over to the US.

Chevrolet Spark

[post="24147"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Anytime now, I suspect..it's sold in Mexico as a Pontiac already (and maybe in Canada also?)

And of course, a Type S version:
Posted Image

I wouldn't surprised if we start seeing these things before long driving on our roads.

[post="23861"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've seen a Fit/Jazz with DST plates before... perhaps they were testing it to see whether or not Americans would like it.

Believe it or not... I have a soft spot for types of vehicles like the Fit. I really like it. Can't say that I'd want to be seen in one... but it's cool for the parents. :D As for the Ractis... :puke:

Believe it or not... I have a soft spot for types of vehicles like the Fit. I really like it. Can't say that I'd want to be seen in one... but it's cool for the parents. :D

As for the Ractis... :puke:

I've read the Fit/Jazz is likely coming to the US for '07 to slot below the Civic... maybe the kiddies will buy them and dress 'em up 'Type-R' Fast and Furious style with big mufflers, gaudy graphics, huge wings, etc.. :)

Ractis sounds like rectus (any straight muscle) which sounds like rectum, which is where poopie comes from (more or less.)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this