Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cubical-aka-Moltar

Toyota launches new Ractis

16 posts in this topic

There are tons of these types of vehicles in Japan (I believe they are called Mini mini-vans, lol), they just never come over here because they aren't powerful enough for American buyers. They are really popular in Japan however. I have heard talk about Honda and Toyota both bringing over a version of these vehicles. I personally like Honda's better:

Posted Image

Good interior room too for such a tiny car:
Posted ImagePosted Image

And of course, a Type S version:
Posted Image

I wouldn't surprised if we start seeing these things before long driving on our roads.

Wow, I never thought I'd see something that made the Echo look good. They really buy those things over there?

Wow, I never thought I'd see something that made the Echo look good.
  They really buy those things over there?

[post="23867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, and in Europe also... there are a few European monospaces also like these...the Citroen Picasso, Renault Megane, etc..

One of the wierdest looking small people-movers is the Fiat Multipla..I've ridden in taxi versions of them, and they are HUGE inside..room for 3 across front and back easily.

Hmmm.....

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

=

Posted Image

Hmmm.....

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

=

Posted Image

[post="23888"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol: :lol:

Ahhhh, not quite. There are B-segment hatches like the Aveo, Scion xA and Honda Fit. There are B-segment monospace MPVs like the Fiat Idea, Opel Meriva, Nissan Note (typically taller than a hatch with longer wheelbase and fold-flat seating). There are B-segment box-style MPVs like the xB and Nissan Cube/Cube3. There are B-segment vans like the Toyota Porte, FunCargo and Honda Mobilio (even taller). Then there are the B-segment high-roof commercial vans like the Suzuki APV and the old Mazda Bongo (forward control and taller again). The Ractis is a typical monospace MPV, slightly longer and wider than the xB, but with a 2" longer wheelbase and roughly 1.5" wider track. Edited by thegriffon

So I wonder when GM is going to start bring their little cars over to the US.

Chevrolet Spark

[post="24147"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Anytime now, I suspect..it's sold in Mexico as a Pontiac already (and maybe in Canada also?)

And of course, a Type S version:
Posted Image

I wouldn't surprised if we start seeing these things before long driving on our roads.

[post="23861"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've seen a Fit/Jazz with DST plates before... perhaps they were testing it to see whether or not Americans would like it.

Believe it or not... I have a soft spot for types of vehicles like the Fit. I really like it. Can't say that I'd want to be seen in one... but it's cool for the parents. :D As for the Ractis... :puke:

Believe it or not... I have a soft spot for types of vehicles like the Fit. I really like it. Can't say that I'd want to be seen in one... but it's cool for the parents. :D

As for the Ractis... :puke:

I've read the Fit/Jazz is likely coming to the US for '07 to slot below the Civic... maybe the kiddies will buy them and dress 'em up 'Type-R' Fast and Furious style with big mufflers, gaudy graphics, huge wings, etc.. :)

'Ractis' sounds like some sort of disease..

Ractis sounds like rectus (any straight muscle) which sounds like rectum, which is where poopie comes from (more or less.)

That's for the education, satty. LOL.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0