NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Spy Shots: 2009 Opel Vectra

25 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Opel’s aging Vectra sedan is well overdue for a major overhaul, but a replacement vehicle isn’t due until the second half of next year. Several prototypes, such as this one, have been spotted by spy photographers that reveal the new Vectra will have a wider and taller body than the current generation. The larger body is seen as a key strategy towards positioning the new Vectra up-market, putting it on a better standing against cars like Volkswagen’s Passat and the Alfa Romeo 159.

These images, courtesy of our friends at Autogespot, show that designers have remained true to the style previewed by Opel’s Gran Turismo Coupe Concept that was displayed at the Geneva Motor Show. This is especially true for the new Vectra’s dash layout, which looks very similar to the design used for the concept car.

Posted Image

Other prominent features that carry over from the concept car are the large grille, angular headlights and a pronounced boot line. The wraps should come off at next year’s Geneva Motor Show before the car officially starts sales towards the end of the year as a 2009 model. The car will also replace the current Saturn Aura sedan in the US towards the end of the decade. Before that, another concept car is rumored to be revealed at this year’s Frankfurt Show in September that’s said to be much closer to the production version.

source:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/sedans/...09-opel-vectra/

You can definitely tell a lot more about the shape of the headlights from that first shot.

You can't really tell anything from that interior shot, other than the big DIC in the center of the gauges and the fact that the piece below the left driver air vent isn't put on very good...

So..you mean Linclon isn't the only one with large panel gaps in their prototypes? Shocking!

From what what I can see the interior design looks good...and the front end looks more promising than it previously did.

The Aura is already a beutiful car... and now it looks like they're gonna take it in a sportier direction... but they shouldnt use the "bangle butt"... its showing up on EEEEEvvvverrrrything

I'm not sure the interior is anything too special from that shot, but I'll wait and see.

Remember Portugal is a small country and I have many friends in Low Places that can find you! :smilewide:

I thougt Low Places was the English translation of The Netherlands, not Portugal (dumb joke of the day, haha)... Anyway, they'll never get me! :P Edited by ZL-1

No logo and yellow sticker. Other than that it seems like a normal steering wheel with lots of buttons to play with.

what is up with that lcd screen in the steering wheel? Any ideas of what info it displays or purpose?

:rolleyes: : 'meh.'

I said "em ee aytch, meh!"

It's not spectacular. They have to drive home that stunning exterior with a GORGEOUS interior. It's good to see GM giving an honest effort, tho.

It looks too sporting for Saturn and Opel. I totally see Solstice in the speedo-tach-odometer area. If anything, Pontiac needs a car like this, and I have a feeling that the next G6 will get snubbed like it has in its first generation.

Edited by dimitri0917

Interior is much more interesting and dynamic and already looks higher quality than the current Vectra.

Hopefully Bangle's loaded diaper trunk is only having to do with the camo, otherwise total yuck on that design point.

*Aside from prototype panel gaps, etc.

Edited by MyerShift

In my opinion, GM has so much more options than Toyota. Just because it's an American brand does not mean it should be underlooked. What they have done with Saturn since 2000 is a miracle, and just plain impossible (for any other brand!) It's incredible, and this spy photo tells the story. The original SCs and SWs, ect. look like POS', but now, look at the Aura, the Outlook, the Sky, and the view. Not only has Saturn created more original names for their cars (Saturn Car, ______ (fill in with size or type of car, ex. 2, W=wagon). the Sky name being far the most creative, the design elements have evolved incredible. It's phenomeenal! Kudos to Saturn and GM for such a great turnaround.

Anyway back to the next-generation Aura....

And I thought the current model wa smodern enough! I've thoguht I'd seen everything Saturn can do, but no I have not! Though the actual car shown here is the Opel, the only difference betweel this and the Saturn is the badge and the namee. Literally. Anyay, this looks like some serious Camry-killer, and i'm not kidding. The current Camry looks nice, and family, but waaaay to conservative and bland, and this (at least for now) looks unique, but maybe it's just the camo.

I hope somebody photoshops this to make a full color wearing a Saturn badge. If I remeber, I wil try, but no guaranteed.

Congrats on such a spectacular evolution, Saturn (and Mr. Lutz), and on this excellent new Aura!

Looks great so far, can't wait to see the final product.

Hmm, I have a good feeling the quality of the interior is going to be carried out and done even better than the current Vectra/Aura...

I'd rather it be the G6 replacement.

But if this is the next Aura, while that's still great, and they're aiming for Passat out there, over here, ya gotta aim for Camcord. Needs as much interior room as possible, for example.

This will be one hell of a Vauxhall regardless....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead