Sketch Competition 1 - Muscle Car!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here ya go, I was thinking Chevy Atlantic, but I thought it sounded kinda cheesy, I guess the closest thing it resembles is a Camaro with the grill, but whatever. ^_^

Posted Image

EDIT: I just noticed my right taillight is way off. :huh:

Edited by GMPenguin

Northie, I have a question for you. Can it be my own creation; as in an imaginative brand and such? Since I've sort of lost interest in it... I might as well do something different. I may still do a Firebird, though. I'm just on the fence about it right now. Edited by blackviper8891

:lol: ...Hahaha. Not really as it is a truck brand. And hey... I named all of them a while ago when I was like 12 and some much, much earlier than that. I used to have one named Dusch 'N' Baker... Not anymore, obviously. :P Anyways, I've been thinking about posting my brands and the vehicles belonging to them here... They are all side views, though. And intentionally disproportionate to show more front/rear detail. All have accompanying interior views and all the info you would want if you were interesting in buying one. Trims, engines, ratings, prices, etc. Wolfe is the euro-sport brand Allen is the mass-market brand Zinc is the euro-luxury brand Rager is the soft-luxury brand Vortex is the performance brand Aleo is the import-fighting brand Crosley is the truck brand :D

C"mon we have to have more than two or three entries. Where are the sketchers at?!?

[post="10661"][/post]

Right here! :CG_all:

Chevy Camaro, my oldie but goodie, first design baby, and all that.

front view, Z/28 in Pitch Black with t-tops.
Posted Image

rear view, SS LS2 in Hugger Orange. (Josh knows where that is!)
Posted Image
And a first look at it's interior. Most likely will change because it was just thrown together (however it won't change before the contest, so this is what I'm entering.)
Posted Image
I SUCK at interiors.

Northie--I know, these pics are huge, but these are just for show in this thread. I will size them down myself for the contest and e-mail them to you if you'd like. What size do you want them at?

There should be another entry coming in from me, in a few days or so, so sit tight. Edited by Turbojett

your rear quarter shot and your front quarter shot have the handles on different sides of the doors...  :P

Edit nevermind... Good work

[post="11096"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

See, I didn't overlook the details, it has door handles in the right place, all the needed windows, lights, etc and even a logical interior. It just looks like shit.

Edit: Crap, no vents for the HVAC. Oh well, I still win because I said so. If we had the sketching (or chopping) Special Olympics, I would be all over that shit. Edited by Satty

Turbo: i love that drawning of urs, always have. I drew up a camaro with those stylings but it was a bit less retro. Your drawning is fierce but subtly sporty. the front is awesome. BTW is that another turnsignal/parkinglight on the mirror? regardless u cant change it and dont need to. yeh... nice B) ur interior is not grade a but it looks really good. Edited by fuel_sipping

Plum, the Chevelle shouldn't have 6 round lights in back, it should have four.

Oh, wait, I'm not 68.

[post="13709"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

oooo. (wince)

actually, I agree with that. It should have four taillights, but it's not important, it's hot as hell anyway.
we just need a front and an interior.

Oooh... Looks great, Plum. Can't wait to see the rest. In BV's news... My entry is about to be posted. My front and rear are finished. I'm redoing my interior. I didn't like what I had; so I spilled some Pepsi on it, crinkled it up, sucked it up with the sweeper, gave it to my dog, and ran it over with the lawn mower. Also, no shading. Once again, people should vote on the design, not whether it has shading or such. I'll probably lose votes for it... but those people would just be pricks to me. As I said, I'm going original. Trying to make what people would like has resulted in poor finishes for me in previous contests. The closest I've gotten was third in the Camaro contest. So... hopefully original will work. If not... I'll just focus on other things...

Rules say:

Artists' entries should consist of at least two the following: 3/4 front view, 3/4 view rear view, and interior view.

This means you don't have to do the interior view. I did all 3 views, because I enjoy designing interiors and I think a front and rear view should be presented together.

Technically, it means you could have done just front 3/4 and interior views... Skip out on the rear or vice-versa. :P Not that I would have done that... :unsure: ^_^ :D Also, SSC, I think the contest has already been extended one week. Northie just must not have updated the date under the link... I think he hasn't for the chopping contests either.

Guest YellowJacket894
Well, knowing that an interior view isn't needed and I don't have to do all 3 views, I'll try to throw one in I guess. My comp doesn't end for about another month.

Check out a Celica with the dealer-installed TRD (turd) ground effects package. The sharp angles of all the openings on your front end, the hood scoop, the general outline of the headlights. Don't mean to scare you, but... it resembles that car.

Plum, the Chevelle shouldn't have 6 round lights in back, it should have four.

Oh, wait, I'm not 68.  Nevermind, its flat out hot.  Great work.  All of the entries so far (except one,mine) are very good.

[post="13709"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So I guess I'm the resident Nit-Pick-Bitch. :P

While I somewhat agree wiht the four vs. six tali lights thing the Chevelle would be okay wiht six, Esp. if the Impala is okay wiht four.

ither way it's hot and I need to get my arse in gear for this contest.

Beofre I ever read anyone else's Celica comments I was going to say: "This kicks @$$. Great Design for a 2008 RWD Celica!" There is a $hitload of Celica in it but it is a great desing. Not very Muscle Car-ish in it's character or stance but a great looking car.

I've decided - retro Firebird based on the '68. I have sketched front, rear and interior views. There's nothing said about CGI rendering, so I started coloring them in Photoshop. This is what I've done until now:

Sketches (1600x1200):

Front 3/4
Rear 3/4
Interior

Rendered:

Posted Image
Posted Image

The rest will be done in a week or two.

[post="3621"][/post]

THE FRONT OF THIS CAR LOOKS LIKE A FLAMINGO!!!!!!