Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowtie_dude

Zeta GTO, my take...

11 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Thoughts? My main focus was on the front end, trying to give as much old-school Pontiac as I could while keeping it modern. I like the way it turned out for the most part. I'm going to do a rear view as well, but I wanted thoughts on this.

If someone with a better hand at coloring in Photoshop wants to color it or even render it in Illustrator, that would be cool. I don't have a drawing tablet for the PC so I can't really color it other than with pencils.

Pretty good for a first-ever sketch. However, I am seeing a little more Firebird in it than I do GTO.

looks like you traced this picture and changed the front

Posted Image

sorry, i don't like it

I didn't flat out trace it, I did go by the picture in order to get the body lines correct and the perspective. <_<

I'm not exactly that practiced in drawing cars. Like I said, first sketch.

Edited by bowtie_dude

looks like you traced this picture and changed the front

Posted Image

sorry, i don't like it

Sorry, but I do like it.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Not a huge fan of the drawing but I can see where you were going.

Not bad in terms of the sharp lines.

Not a huge fan of the drawing but I can see where you were going.

Not bad in terms of the sharp lines.

Its frustrating because I know exactly what I want it to look like, but I can't get it on paper.

I didn't flat out trace it, I did go by the picture in order to get the body lines correct and the perspective. <_<

I'm not exactly that practiced in drawing cars. Like I said, first sketch.

fair enough, haha sorry man that probably was a bit too harsh. i'll try to be more constructive:

to me your concept follows the design language of that pre-monaroGTO gto concept in orange that was never built, in my opinion pontiac should be moving towards the sleek organic lines of the solstice. the G8 looks good but it seems like a step in the wrong direction design-wise. it looks like you've decided to do a retro-inspired gto, but there's not too much in there that looks familiar from the older gtos.

Not bad for a first sketch. I'd say try to soften the edges a little but I like the idea of a sharper angled GTO compared to the current jellybean one. The taillights are too Cadillac however...I'd do more of a horizontal style rather than vertical (although maybe you imagined something completely different). I don't know how well the beak works though...I think that needs some more work.

Not bad for a first sketch. I'd say try to soften the edges a little but I like the idea of a sharper angled GTO compared to the current jellybean one. The taillights are too Cadillac however...I'd do more of a horizontal style rather than vertical (although maybe you imagined something completely different). I don't know how well the beak works though...I think that needs some more work.

I was thinking something like the Solstice where its kind of at an angle, but sharpened up. It didn't come out quite as I envisioned, though.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0