Do you hold back?

And, due to a misunderstanding, my best friend told me I wasn't welcome around anymore.

Aye ... very sorry you experienced this. Perhaps this person wasn't such a best friend after all? Maybe not ... I don't know. Just seems like a very sad situation to me :(.

Speaking of sad situations ... very sorry oldsmoboi :(.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I kept my heart hidden" ... Bryan White ... 'So Much For Pretending'

Honesty sometimes comes with a price. I would rather be honest and ostracized than live a lie. My sexuality is my business and I don't run around in a dress (I don't have the legs for it anyway!), but I am out at work. I had a low profile for the first year or so - let them get to know ME, then I told them who I am. When I worked at a P-B-Cadillac dealership in the early '80s, I was out to everyone I worked with. I got "outed" to my parents when I was 12 (I denied it) and then again when I was 15 (I confronted it head on.) Perhaps it was easier because I was a kid. My father was a brown belt and made Archie Bunker look like a liberal, but I hated the BS of dating girls and all the pressure that brought on.

Now, I have been bringing my partner to every Xmas party at our dealership for 5 years. (My ex was an idiot and I wouldn't have wanted to embarass myself with him in the years before that.) Believe me, the few in the dealership who didn't know I was gay did after all the salesguys grabbed me and my partner and we all did a congo line on the dance floor!

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about with your sexuality. If you are a good person, an honorable person, even the rednecks will come around. I have been there. We have one big Jamaican guy who claims to be a church-going believer and used to shoot his mouth off all the time about grabbing a gun and going down to Church Street (the gay ghetto around here) and lobbing off a few. Now, he asks after my partner all the time and whenever I remark about a cute guy in the show room he jokes that he will tell my partner on me.

I don't hold back very much, but I am generally professional when I need to be. Still, I'm pretty up front and it's hard for me to wear a facade. I especially don't hold back when it comes to customer service or a transaction. I push back in a big way. I would say this started in about my mid-20s when I was first on my own and had to watch out for my own hide.

Plus, if you consider some stereotypes:

Sicilian (little or no filter)

Sagittarius (little or no filter)

baby of the family (less filter)

I have no problem being a nonconformist. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't hold back very much, but I am generally professional when I need to be. Still, I'm pretty up front and it's hard for me to wear a facade. I especially don't hold back when it comes to customer service or a transaction. I push back in a big way. I would say this started in about my mid-20s when I was first on my own and had to watch out for my own hide.

Plus, if you consider some stereotypes:

Sicilian (little or no filter)

Sagittarius (little or no filter)

baby of the family (less filter)

I have no problem being a nonconformist. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hey another Sicilian....heyoooooo :P

I hold back on here. It really makes no sense to start an arguement with someone I can't even see. These are just words on a screen that were typed by someone miles away. What's the point of getting fired up over and over again everytime you check on a response? There have been plenty of times that I have read posts that I wanted to go off on but I didn't, and sometimes its from the same people, so I tend not to read any of their posts anymore.

My Grandmother is from Taormina :smilewide:

Your grandmother is beyond lucky to have come from Taormina. Why anybody would ever leave there is beyond me. That's where I sat on the beach for the last 3 days (and 3 days at Marina di Ragusa prior to that). Palermo I can do without.

Your grandmother is beyond lucky to have come from Taormina. Why anybody would ever leave there is beyond me. That's where I sat on the beach for the last 3 days (and 3 days at Marina di Ragusa prior to that). Palermo I can do without.

Actually my father's family is from Palermo, my mother's side is from Naples.

Well, since this has sort of developed into a sexuality thread/holding back topic, I have two cents to add.

I can understand the whole "closet case" subject or at least, a demand to keep something under wraps due to having the "All American Family".

Case and Point?

My best friend I had sort of wondered about (you know where I am going, so the explanation is not needed) for five years now (since sophomore year in high school) and I was thinking about how to ask him how he felt, and how he felt about me.

Well, one night we were at a local dirt track (Butler Motor Speedway) drinking and hanging out with him, his brother, and his brother's girlfriend, and then we went back to Techno's (his nickname) house to pick up Amp'D's son Trenton (Amp'D is Cojack's (Techno's bro) girl). Techno and I were wedged in the back. Him by the door, me in the middle, and a car seat with a two year old to our right. We fanaggled a seat belt across both of us which was incredible considering that we were drunk off our asses and prepped for the ride home.

Well, I was minding my own business laughing, and talking, and all of a sudden he took my left hand, started caressing it, and said, "I'm going to hell for this, but now you know."

All I had ever wanted to find out just fell into my lap without any effort, and well, (I'll never tell my girlfriend this) it was the answer I wanted. It was best car ride ever. Hehe.

Well, back to keeping things under wraps, he thought that I had told his girlfriend something about it, and he told me that I wasn't welcome around anymore, and that ripped my heart out to hear that from my best friend. Work actually sent me home early- by five hours. Nothing had ever hurt me so much. It's finally being worked out, and I really need to talk to him, I just need him to accept my invite. Tequila weekend here we come!

So, I know all about it. Because I feel the same*.

*Names were changed to protect identities, and by feeling the same, there is only One the same as me.

It seems Cheers and Gears has become the place to come out and express your deepest thoughts. Some of the things I read here are interesting. Some of them are wow!! I am glad to see people being true to themselves. One day maybe, I will tell all the secrets I have been keeping. It would take a whole thread and several posts. I just like reading all these things..

One thing I have learned in life besides God, you always need that one person you can confide in and talk to.

You do what you must Myer Shift. I hope you and your friend can work things out.

Thank you and so do I.

I talked with him a bit tonight telling him that I wanted to talk, and unfortunately, said that he is pretty much set and doesn't need drama but that we could talk.

So, here's to hoping.

I cant anymore I have a problem with lashing out on people. Its either everyone lost common sense or I'm becoming a crotchety old man.

I think Bob explained once that it was a term for Sicily, due to its triangular shape. But Google tells me that it's the name of the symbol of Sicily as well.

Right you are. It is primarily the first, given the triangular shape of the island. Then, that symbol of the 3 legs sticking out of a head...that's the Trinacria icon as well. I love that place, but the people are NUTS!