mustang84

2009 Fusion / Milan / MKZ Speculation & Renders

43 posts in this topic

This thread was posted over at BON...according to certain members on that sight, the MCE Fusion / Milan / MKZ will be released as 2009 models in 2008. And according to igor's sources, the following renders are quite similar to what the production versions will look like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.mx.autocosmos.com/noticias/expand.asp?id=15098

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/21/rendere...nd-lincoln-mkz/

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=14120

Edited by mustang84

Those are actually very nice.

I like these all. The Fusion looks a bit like a Saab to me; a very nice job of taking the styling to a positive evolutionary place.

The MKZ may actually look a lot like that...I can't really think of how it would differ.

MKZ's taillamps should have looked like that in the first place. It really does a lot to help the widen the look of the car.

I like the Fusion but I'm kinda sad to see the verticle headlights go. Also, if they do go for more of that style of grille, I think it should go to body-colored. I love the current chrome bars but that may actually be a bit too much. Or at least make a body-colored option.

Milan...it doesn't feel like much has changed besides the front end flattening out and more red lense on the taillights. However, these are just speculation so hopefully there will be more done to it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow...all three actually look great IMO....I can't remember the last time I thought that about nay Ford product. I just hope the Fusion dosen't have that huge chrome piece on the trunk....and maybe on the front just keep the grille chrome and don't stretch it over the headlamps....if Ford brings these to market like these renderings...kudos are deserved.

The Fusion does have a Saab-like vibe to it. I think it looks more comprehensive and luxurious/sporty. I love the new MKZ grille.

Looks different-keep giving MKZ (and Milan to a lesser extent) differentiation from Fusion.

The Fusion looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh without the low stance and huge wheels.

That's a much-more appropriate tail for an MKZ. The lights remind me of a 2nd-to-last gen Continental.

found out why the MKZ is selling so well around here. new ones ad'sed in the paper for less than 25 grand.

camry? or LINCOLN? i saw a h0t 20 something chick drving a new mkz today. maybe the girls are taking a liking to mercury / lincoln afterall. upsell from the Milan.

Edited by regfootball

More interesting than the styling is the new engines - 190 hp 2.5L 4 cyl, 244 hp 3.0L V6, 260 hp 2.5L 4 cyl direct injection turbo (also according to BON).

They do look very good from what we can see. However, the design of each car is not the problem that I have with this trio. The problem is that they're still way to similar and that's what Ford and GM need to steer away from.

Well, let's hope the center stack gets an upgrade in appearance.

Fusion looks much better, except for the rear. The MKZ looks more like it should have. The Milan looks basically the same...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead