New Silverado Commercial

this looks very homemade.. isnt official is it??

Awesome...but is it authentic?

yea... these trucks will do this $h! all day long...

you all should look at this couple of things i put on youtube

these are GM videos... they are for GM certified salespeople... but i dont know why they spend so much money trying to make the salespeople certified and educated about the product when the consumer is the one who needs the info to even goto the dealership.

and this one shows exactly what those videos are making examples of... and its off my video phone

Most factory limited slip differentials are next to worthless. The Gov-lock in the Silverado has saved me more than once.

yea its pretty nice... in my old work truck (dodge) and my parents 2 toyotas... and ford f350... all have trouble going up my back hill dirt road and about 40% grade...

and probably 300 feet... gotta jam on the gas... and hope you get your self far enough up the hill to get some more traction as it starts to level out...

but my gmc... i can idle up the hill... no tire slip... no unsafe darting up this road that almost flipped my dads old (85) toyota

and i dont even have 4x4... even my brothers 4x4 tundra has to jam on the gas to get up...

That's kickin' butt. I hope we see it everywhere. Although there's snow in the ditch on the commercial, we have plenty of mud down south. I guess it's kind of the same thing.

\

look at the youtubes i put up on this if you need mud... perhaps it doesnt have a toyota... but its got 4x4 dodges and 4x4 fords that are being out done by a 2x4 chevy

Here's something I found funny today while watching TV, saw a Tundra ad showing them dropping bags of who knows what in the back end while on a scale. They boast about dropping 2000 lbs in a 1/2 ton truck, a couple weeks ago I just had 2000 lbs worth of landscaping blocks in the back of my 1500 '03 Avalanche lol!

64 blocks at 25 lbs each - 1600 lbs

24 blocks at 5 lbs each - 120 lbs

24 blocks at 7 lbs each - 168 lbs

pallet that the blocks set on - 35 lbs ??

20 lb bag of potting soil

4 people in vehicle

Edited by BuddyP

Well....the toyota uses more 'soft-touch' materials in the interior than GM and.......everybody knows toyotas are better than Chevys.......so this demonstration of the Chevy's rear locker proves nothing and it's so.....barbaric......

I like the homemade look. And look Toyota looked like a fool. Toyota humpers will be pissed.

Nah... They just tend to make up some nice conspiracy theories and point-out how the guy driving the Silverado was clearly cheating and the one in the Tundra did all he could to get stuck.

:rolleyes: @ them

well looking at the big picture i wouldnt go near such a ditch or offroad obstacle of any nature in the tundra... wouldnt want to give my camshaft and excuse to break in half on me.

see thats the difference between gm and toyota... at gm... they said... lets see if we cant make the LS1 into a v12... and use it in the cadillac Cien...

then... they said... it broke the camshaft... so lets make the camshaft stronger! whala! no massive recalls... on a concept :rolleyes:

i guess if toyota put half the effort into their vehicles that gm put into their vehicles or even their concepts... toyota wouldnt have to pay so much to their pr department

Nah... They just tend to make up some nice conspiracy theories and point-out how the guy driving the Silverado was clearly cheating and the one in the Tundra did all he could to get stuck.

:rolleyes: @ them

I posted this video on ToyotaFans.net (http://www.toyotafans.net/having-380-hp-is-not-so-great-if-you-can-39-t-get-to-the-ground-t2376.htm) just as a experiment in "natural curiosity" (O.K. I was seeing what kind of Sh :censored: t I could stir up, I did'nt choose the user name FToyota over there for nothing) and here are the responses so far:

"Ive seen the vid, and heres my take. Notice how much harder they hit the bank with the Chevy? They hit it so hard that the driver's side rear tire came off the ground.

The Toyota would have went though that no problem if they had only locked it into 4x4.

Also, a limited-slip diff comes standard on the Tundra, so I dunno what GM is talking about with their automatic rear locker claim.

One again, typical half-truth on GM's part. They will do anything to try to discredit Toyota, even if that means a smoke 'n mirrors campaign."

"Repeatability is the key to any experiment.

This is only marketting."

"Totally agree. Though I do like Chevy trucks, there is no proof that this commercial stunt could be repeated in real life. I can make a truck do anything I want it to do on TV, including climb a tree. That doesn't mean it would actually work."

And my personal fave (from a Dodge Dakota owner no less) copied word for word (minus all of the emoticons):

"HAHA... Well, I used to own a Silverado Z71 and let me tell you. Chevy ain't got nothing on Toyota AND my husband's cousin has a Tundra and we live in Southeastern Oklahoma. Do you know what we do for fun in Southeastern Oklahoma? We FOURWHEEL DRIVE ANYTHING!!! No Chevy ain't gonna out do Toyota. PERIOD. I ain't gonna say Chevy isn't pretty but that's what they do.. They look pretty and sit.. Toyota looks GREAT and PERFORMS!!!! And that's my 2cents worth! LOL"

As for the just lock it in 4 wheel drive comments I asked what if you just have two wheel drive (My exact comment was: "What if you only have two wheel drive?") I was thinking I would get a intelligent answer because you never what will happen ON or OFF road, the response was this:

"If ya only had 2 wheel drive, leave it on the pavement,,, :neenerneener:

my 2 cents worth"

Have fun with this.

Edited by Fletch Radford

The whole point of the video was to show what chevy could do in 2 wheel drive that the Tundra requires 4-wheel drive..

As for:

"HAHA... Well, I used to own a Silverado Z71 and let me tell you. Chevy ain't got nothing on Toyota AND my husband's cousin has a Tundra and we live in Southeastern Oklahoma. Do you know what we do for fun in Southeastern Oklahoma? We FOURWHEEL DRIVE ANYTHING!!! No Chevy ain't gonna out do Toyota. PERIOD. I ain't gonna say Chevy isn't pretty but that's what they do.. They look pretty and sit.. Toyota looks GREAT and PERFORMS!!!! And that's my 2cents worth! LOL"

Toyota's had... what 8 months in the full sized market? Get back to us chicky when the bed rattles itself off the back of the truck.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

I posted this video on ToyotaFans.net (http://www.toyotafans.net/having-380-hp-is-not-so-great-if-you-can-39-t-get-to-the-ground-t2376.htm) just as a experiment in "natural curiosity" (O.K. I was seeing what kind of Sh :censored: t I could stir up, I did'nt choose the user name FToyota over there for nothing) and here are the responses so far:

"Ive seen the vid, and heres my take. Notice how much harder they hit the bank with the Chevy? They hit it so hard that the driver's side rear tire came off the ground.

The Toyota would have went though that no problem if they had only locked it into 4x4.

Also, a limited-slip diff comes standard on the Tundra, so I dunno what GM is talking about with their automatic rear locker claim.

One again, typical half-truth on GM's part. They will do anything to try to discredit Toyota, even if that means a smoke 'n mirrors campaign."

"Repeatability is the key to any experiment.

This is only marketting."

"Totally agree. Though I do like Chevy trucks, there is no proof that this commercial stunt could be repeated in real life. I can make a truck do anything I want it to do on TV, including climb a tree. That doesn't mean it would actually work."

And my personal fave (from a Dodge Dakota owner no less) copied word for word (minus all of the emoticons):

As for the just lock it in 4 wheel drive comments I asked what if you just have two wheel drive (My exact comment was: "What if you only have two wheel drive?") I was thinking I would get a intelligent answer because you never what will happen ON or OFF road, the response was this:

"If ya only had 2 wheel drive, leave it on the pavement,,, :neenerneener:

my 2 cents worth"

Have fun with this.

I don't have an account there and I have no intention of making one. But post this:

"A locking differential is not the same as a limited slip differential. In very low grip situations a locking diff is superior to a limited slip diff is superior to an open diff. The point of this demonstration was to show what Chevy can do in 2-wheel drive while the Tundra requires 4 wheel drive."

This will just cause a site war. You'll have people from their site coming to this site and troll around until they get kicked off. I really don’t want to come here and read nonsense for the next couple of days.

This will just cause a site war. You'll have people from their site coming to this site and troll around until they get kicked off. I really don’t want to come here and read nonsense for the next couple of days.

There isn't a link back to here... and if it's only coming from one guy it won't cause a site war.

Unless they are reading this site, to paraphrase Sgt Shultz: they know nothing they see nothing, btw I am no newbee I used to be SS427 so I have been around for awhile.

We are all adults here; I hope. I'm not telling you guys what to do or what not to do. I was just dropping a friendly reminder to be careful.

It seems that lately there have been a few trolls around here. There are a lot of people with too much time on there hands that if they really wanted to they could find the site. I think we have good administrator that catch on to them quickly so it’ not much of a problem. But I digress…

I don't have an account there and I have no intention of making one. But post this:

"A locking differential is not the same as a limited slip differential. In very low grip situations a locking diff is superior to a limited slip diff is superior to an open diff. The point of this demonstration was to show what Chevy can do in 2-wheel drive while the Tundra requires 4 wheel drive."

Consider it done.

Consider it done.

maybe this one will be more to their liking... showing all the advantages of the g80...

this video also shows the 2wd tundras limited slip is better then 4x4 dodge's and 4x4 fords... but still not as good as 2 wd chevy

also let them be aware... limited slips... slips a whole lot more then a locker... thats why jeeps humers... anyone who knows anything about offroading will go out and get a locker... open differential were designed to allow the wheel with the least resistance get the power, so when going around corners you wouldnt break your axel... then the limited slip came along to have clutches to give minimal power to the alternate wheel... but never enough to power the vehicle forward... thus... its designed to lose traction... also limited slip was later profected for racing at high speeds to keep both wheels powered through turns to keep the vehicle going straight... but do you really want to take a truck at high speeds?

my perfect example of how the locker is supperior... as you'll see in this video... the 20% grade... in my backyard i have a hill even steeper with a dirt road... without the locker you must pretty much red line 1st gear before starting the hill or else you wont make it up, and if you dont use 1st you wont have the torque to complete the hill...

with the locker... you may come and go at any speed without ruining the road, without destroying the suspension getting up this hill

my brothers 4x4 2006 tundra... perfect example how my 3500 practically idles up the hill and lucky to get it on the first try...

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?d...98108&hl=en

Edited by Newbiewar

Yeah, I'm really not surprised by their reactions at all.

I was lounging around in a certain car forum :wink: and had seen a thread about this. Of course, everyone tried to discredit the video and we GM fans usually shot back with actual facts about the locker and how their conspiracy theory wasn't very realistic. The response we got most of the time afterwards was that it was just marketing and it was a biased comparison and anyone who believed otherwise was a biased moron. I'll leave out all the usual redneck references and other such insults that I find enthusiasts of other brands tend to send my way, since I'm a GM enthusiast.

I think I'll post that latest video in the discussion we had over there.

Well I posted this: "A locking differential is not the same as a limited slip differential. In very low grip situations a locking diff is superior to a limited slip diff is superior to an open diff. The point of this demonstration was to show what Chevy can do in 2-wheel drive while the Tundra requires 4 wheel drive, therefore this is not a "half truth" or a "smoke and mirrors" campaign."

And this is what I have recieved in reply: "FToyota, say what you want, but Toyota has a legendary reputation for off-road capability than GM cant match.

Since you are obviously such a lover of GM products, perhaps you would be happier on a forum thats made for GM enthusiasts.

If you come here for the purpose of bashing Toyotas, save it because the powers that be here on TF wont stand for it."

I think I may have touched a nerve here.

Edited by Fletch Radford

Well I posted this: "A locking differential is not the same as a limited slip differential. In very low grip situations a locking diff is superior to a limited slip diff is superior to an open diff. The point of this demonstration was to show what Chevy can do in 2-wheel drive while the Tundra requires 4 wheel drive, therefore this is not a "half truth" or a "smoke and mirrors" campaign."

And this is what I have recieved in reply: "FToyota, say what you want, but Toyota has a legendary reputation for off-road capability than GM cant match.

Since you are obviously such a lover of GM products, perhaps you would be happier on a forum thats made for GM enthusiasts.

If you come here for the purpose of bashing Toyotas, save it because the powers that be here on TF wont stand for it."

I think I may have touched a nerve here.

Yeah, that's usually their reaction...

They try to discredit what you say using anything they can think up, even if that means using some kind of backwards logic that has no bearing on reality on this planet. If they can't, or sometimes in tandem with the discreditting attempt, they'll call you a "hater," because you dare think the unthinkable: Toyota isn't unfallible!

If it were me, I'd ask how any of that qualifies as Toyota bashing in their minds.

I like how that new vid isn't a commercial and doesn't have about 50,000 cuts and such in it. :) This should be able to serve as better evidence that the G80 > *, and that the last vid was also real and not just a computer generated thing like Fords driving on buildings.

Yeah, that's usually their reaction...

They try to discredit what you say using anything they can think up, even if that means using some kind of backwards logic that has no bearing on reality on this planet. If they can't, or sometimes in tandem with the discreditting attempt, they'll call you a "hater," because you dare think the unthinkable: Toyota isn't unfallible!

If it were me, I'd ask how any of that qualifies as Toyota bashing in their minds.

I replied with this (I expect that I will be locked out by their admin soon after this because they are so sensitive):

"Yes it is obvious that I favor GM products (my father help build them for over 40 years, and I to am involved with a major parts supplier to GM), but I have sat and observed this site for ahwile and watched the "GM Bashing" go on for along time, I will play by the rules of the game and not curse or use sexual or profane material, but I WILL NOT KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT IF MY OPINION CONFLICS WITH YOURS, Toyotas are good vehicles but they are NOT the LEGENDARY vehichles you make them out to be, people don't write popular songs about them for instance (409, Little Red Corvette, GTO, American Pie, etc.), for the most part they are utillitarian tools that people have little to no passion about, and they certainly are not perfect, they are machines and they do break, or do we need to bring up faulty camshafts in 5.7 liter V8's or transmission problems in new Camry's (because I know you guys have a laundry list of all of GM's failing's some true some probably made up because of fanboy pride)."

I have a little saying.... "It's not mean if it's true."... it certainly applies here.

Toyota does in fact have some legendary off road vehicles. The Tundra isn't one of them.

I stand corrected on that, then, but at the same time when someone throws the word "legendary" around they have to be careful what they are measuring themselves up against, Corvette, Camaro, Bel Air, Impala, GTO, Firebird, Chevelle, Suburban, K5 Blazer, S-Series Trucks, C/K-Series Trucks, C10 Trucks, GMT-Series Trucks, ALMOST the entire Cadillac line through its history, Roadmaster, Century, Rocket 88, just to name a few, and if I am not mistaken Chevrolet hasn't done too bad in off-road racing itself.