Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt41

CHEVROLET AVEO UPDATE (pre-production)

13 posts in this topic

By the way guys, before anyone comments bout any perspective problems, let me say I am NOTY ignoring these tips. I've tried hints from past posts, that perspective drawing posted by Peugeot_206 form speedanddesign.net,ect.

....hence why I'm posting my Aveo for c/c prior to entry.

enjoy!

ps-any size issues, sorry! trying my best to do whatever I can to alter them, but....

Posted Image

UPDATE (concept version to pre-production model:

thumbnail: Posted Image

hotlink 1:Posted Image

Shot with HP ScanJet 3970. at 1969-12-31

hotlink 2:Posted Image

Shot with HP ScanJet 3970. at 1969-12-31

Edited by MarioBro88

Looks 1000x better than the Aveo we have now.

Nice work, you're rapidly improving.

resize it to ... 800x600 or so.

you tried to make it more 'bu-ish?

Yes, since future Chevrolet models are expected tyo have that Malibu-0like split grille, I figureed, why not add some Malibu cues to its younger sibling? I also tried to make it kind-of 2008 Corolla-reminiscent, as in I wanted it to be a fresh of breath air. I intended it to be about the same sizxe as the current model.

I will TRY to resize it if I can.

A little crude, but not too bad. It needs to be refined a bit, make the lines less choppy and more clean, and I'd have to say it would be the best sketch from you, bar none. You are making progress, so keep at it. Just pick up a ruler sometime to make your straight lines and edges cleaner and try to find the overall feel of the sketch so more fluid lines are, again, less choppy. :)

A little crude, but not too bad. It needs to be refined a bit, make the lines less choppy and more clean, and I'd have to say it would be the best sketch from you, bar none. You are making progress, so keep at it. Just pick up a ruler sometime to make your straight lines and edges cleaner and try to find the overall feel of the sketch so more fluid lines are, again, less choppy. :)

Thank you for your criticizm. Thanks to all, actually. Regarding the 'chopiness', what do you mean? Actually, I thought I was being pretty clean. The only choppy I know of, which might be what you mean, is by disorginization, and careless placement, but I can's seem to understand how that would fit here.

Northstar, thanks fo rrezizing the pic. Knowing me, I'd probably supersizew it or something....

What I meant by "choppiness" is that your lines tend to ... "jerk" I guess would be the best way to put it. They aren't clean and continuous. Its like you drag the lead for a bit, then sort of jerk somewhere along the way to continue that line. Are you trying to mimic what I call "speed lines" or "sketch lines" where the line extends beyond the object it forms?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Try and keep your lines fluid, sharp, and clean. Find the "feel" of the sketch and don't lose it.

Your back bumper is a little over-sized. But it does seem you do better from this angle (some people just do) and thank you for trying it for us. At this perspective the rear bumper should be behind the car. Yours seems to be wider than the rest of the car and also really long. make it so that the rear wheel almost obscures the view to it and it will be a bit more realistically porportioned

I see much potential in the design..it look far more aggressive than the bland one we have now.

A Whole lot better but..........

Your perspective lines needs to go all the way back, your rear wheel is sagging below the line. Your rear ellipse is also too circular. It should be more oval shaped and a bit taller than the front ellipse. Also, I have to agree with your line quality issues. They are jagged and aren't constant. You should start to vary line weight. The outline of the car would have the thickest line weight, and door cuts and so on would have the thinnest.

Go to Speedanddesign.net or CSS to find out and learn more. Designertechniques.com and Carbodydesign.net (just the tutorials, CDN's Forums are virtually dead, though there is some good work on that forum.)

Designwise, it's great. Adds that new chevy flair, and I could see this on roads.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0