Fly's Great LeSabre Cruise '07

Since excitement(?) over my '76 LeSabre acquisition seems to be building by the day, let me clue everyone in on the itinerary.

Saturday, August 4th, 2007

10:05am - Depart Tampa via Southwest Airlines

12:40pm - Arrive in Philladelphia, meet Camino

Sunday, August 5th, 2007

2:00pm - Arrive in Lorton, VA, board Amtrak Auto Train

4:00pm - Depart VA for Sanford, FL

Monday, August 6th,2007

9:45am - Arrive in Sanford, FL

I will be winding my way from Philly to just south of our nation's capital sometime between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, so if anyone is interested in meeting, sharing a coffee, or just saying 'hi', please book early! I fill up quick! :D j/k.

Seriously, just let me know because I'd love to meet some of you guys if I can during this abbreviated road trip.

I hope I can go.... but I'm broke as a joke right now.

Guess I'll have to land TWO jobs. :P

Hey Fly if you come through I-95 through NY, I'd meet up with you for a brief cruise with two 1970's GM boats, your Lesabre and my Delta 88

Edited by Delta Force79

Sounds like an exciting trip, Fly ... sure wish I had the time to come meet you, too ... or, that your trip brought you this way .. he he.

GOOD LUCK :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'll always be around" ... Willie Nelson ... 'Highwayman'

Since excitement(?) over my '76 LeSabre acquisition seems to be building by the day, let me clue everyone in on the itinerary.

Sunday, August 5th, 2007

2:00pm - Arrive in Lorton, VA, board Amtrak Auto Train

4:00pm - Depart VA for Sanford, FL

Monday, August 6th,2007

9:45am - Arrive in Sanford, FL

I will be winding my way from Philly to just south of our nation's capital sometime between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, so if anyone is interested in meeting, sharing a coffee, or just saying 'hi', please book early! I fill up quick! :D j/k.

Seriously, just let me know because I'd love to meet some of you guys if I can during this abbreviated road trip.

I'm sorry but the State of Delaware is closed those days, therefore I-95 will be closed too. Please go around or wait until we reopen, the choice is yours! :P

He's just jealous because he's locked in his gated community and the guard won't let him out. :AH-HA_wink:

My gated community with one of my previous Grand Prixs in front of my house. Please note my dry cleaning I left in the car! :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lake near my gated community! :smilewide:

Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Hey Fly, there is a secret to getting into gated communities. It requires committing a crime or two, but sometimes its worth it. Or just talk to a local pizza delivery guy, if there is an unguarded gate with a keypad, drivers usually know the code. Hell, I still remember the code for one around here and I haven't delivered in over a year.

Hey Fly, there is a secret to getting into gated communities. It requires committing a crime or two, but sometimes its worth it. Or just talk to a local pizza delivery guy, if there is an unguarded gate with a keypad, drivers usually know the code. Hell, I still remember the code for one around here and I haven't delivered in over a year.

Hmmmm!

Posted Image

While I'm located in the area, I won't be in the Philly region on the 4th otherwise I'd drive over to meet you Fly. I have plans to be in Allentown, PA on the 4th and maybe the 5th too. Such a shame I can't meet you - maybe you'll just have to take me along as a guest to the next Saturn Brand Advocasy meeting! :P Good luck with your trip!

• 5 weeks later...

Sig says it all. :globe:

Posted Image

On the road in the Tripple Brown Titanic

(ETA: 5:30am July 31st @ Camino's house in Penn.)

Edited by Sixty8panther

Yeah, there's not a single vehicle in our driveway that is in any shape to make a 5 hour trip. Quite sad. :P

Well, the Cobalt can only be used in New England states, the Prizm is plenty drivable but can't be driven because of the tail light and trunk, and I still don't know what's up with the Intrepid...oh and I wouldn't trust the Shadow do make a long trip.

If Enterprise will let me take teh Cobalt then we may be able to come down on Saturday...otherwise we won't be seeing ya Fly :(

Let me know how she is if you get a chance. Is she up for a 1,000-mile drive?

Seems to run strong, but has a quirk with starting. I think it is a nuetral safety switch (you have to get the shifter in just the right position). I haven't had a chance to check her over, but I don't doubt that a long trip is doable. I'll try to scope out more before you get here.

Thanks, I appreciate it, Camino.

I mention that specifically because the Auto Train has been nixed. With two people making the trip (myself and my friend), its more economical to drive straight down...and likely just as fast, too. I estimate 15 hours from our first stop in Alexandria, VA to Clearwater.

Also, if people are intending on meeting me around those neck of the woods, please let me know before I leave Saturday morning. There is a reason why.

wait, what is your schedule for the weekend... I have other things going on also.

Arriving in Philladelphia ~12:40PM Saturday. Camino is going to pick me up at the airport. That's pretty much it. The rest is generally open.

Arriving in Philladelphia ~12:40PM Saturday. Camino is going to pick me up at the airport. That's pretty much it. The rest is generally open.

Oh ok, I read that wrong. I took it as you were leaving the philly area for FL on saturday morning.

I'm driving out friday night, staying with a friend that night, having breakfast with my great grandfather, then I'm going to spin down to see you guys.

Oh ok, I read that wrong. I took it as you were leaving the philly area for FL on saturday morning.

I'm driving out friday night, staying with a friend that night, having breakfast with my great grandfather, then I'm going to spin down to see you guys.

Cool.

I guess you'll be needing directions.

What town are you staying in on Friday night?