Fly's Great LeSabre Cruise '07

I know I dont post here much or anything, but I was the other douchebag who drove down with Sly (And drove his ass back up to MA! though we took turns driving), and I have no doubts that the Lesabre would make it down to Florida. On the ride down (We left Lowell at 11:03pm last night), I often found myself struggling to keep up with Silvester, even though I drive an 88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z Turbo. Mostly because, well, Silvester must have some sort of death wish, and driving 85+ MPH between Jersey barriers and 18 wheelers with ~5 inches on either side through some of the worst roads in the area just isnt quite my thing, but the Buick never gave us a single problem, and actually wasn't THAT bad on gas!

I'm sure Silvester will post pics once he gets around to it, but I think his stuff is still in my car so it might be a while. I say drive the damn thing!

and Camino, was nice meeting you, you have one hell of a garage!

Silvester drives like a Madman...even in his crippled LeSabre I've seen him floor it...and we had to remind him more than once not to go overboard in our car. :rolleyes:

Fly, like I told you before, when you first start the car up cold it takes like 5 minutes to warm up or it will stall when you take your foot off the gas. After that she starts every time and runs great. In my few drives with it I found no problems with the car. I'm sure it's up for a road trip.

Speaking of which, how about making a small 5-hour detour up to MA to meet the guy who help on to your baby? :AH-HA_wink:

And hey, it'd be a great opportunity to give me those prizes. :P

4.25 hours late for work.... put on a neck-tie and ran in with $45

worth of toll receipts to prove what I had called about at 8:30am.

That yes indeed we did really drive to Penn. & back in 18 hours.

I was scheduled to work at 1pm. I just explained to my boss it

was a "family emergency" and in a way, it WAS. I consider many

of you on this forum my very good friends.

Fly: Like I said a carb. rebuild will go a LONG way in this car but

as it stands it will make any journey you can throw at it so long as

the road is paved & you have gas money. :)

What are the plans for later Saturday? I'll be in Macungie during the day; Camino, I'm not sure if you're easy to get to on my way back to Jersey later? I'll be taking the PA Turnpike from Jersey to the Northeast Extension and back home the same way. If the wife doesn't go with me, and you're place is easy to get to from where I'll be, maybe I can join the group for dinner or the evening get-together? Let me know so I can make my plans. I'd like to meet you in person Fly, see the famous "Sly/C&G" Buick, and see you again Bob and Drew (and meet whoever else is going to be there).

...our first stop in Alexandria, VA...

Oh sweet! We have family in that city.

If I had some vacation time coming my way, I'd hop in a car and head out there for the weekend, but alas, I don't. It's great that you'll be able to meet a number of people Fly ... I always love doing exactly that on my road trips ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"My heart is like an open highway" ... Bon Jovi ... 'It's My Life'

What are the plans for later Saturday? I'll be in Macungie during the day; Camino, I'm not sure if you're easy to get to on my way back to Jersey later? I'll be taking the PA Turnpike from Jersey to the Northeast Extension and back home the same way. If the wife doesn't go with me, and you're place is easy to get to from where I'll be, maybe I can join the group for dinner or the evening get-together? Let me know so I can make my plans. I'd like to meet you in person Fly, see the famous "Sly/C&G" Buick, and see you again Bob and Drew (and meet whoever else is going to be there).

All you would have to do would be to take the PA turnpike west to Valley Forge, I'm about 15 minutes from there.

As for Saturday plans, there are none yet, but dinner sounds like a good idea.

Since you're here (in the thread) I was very disapointed to be passing

your town (at least on a road sign/exit) and not be able to stop in &

say hello. We'll have to try to do one more roadtrip this year, like you

said, to park the LeSabre nose to nose with the WQ59B Invicta! :)