Had my first surgery today...

Just a quick update, since I'm exhausted and not only did it all happen so fast, it happened during me preparing, giving, grading, and filing for, a State Exam.

I lost hearing in my right ear for a month. Doctors determined it was full of fluid, but why wasn't it draining? Turns out after tests and a catscan, there was a growth inside my head causing pressure and blockage.

Anyhoo, doctor insisted it come out right away because it was large and of my age it and its location, there were possibilities of cancer.

I went in, it seemed odd that both of the nurses attending me (one in Ambulatory Surgery, and one in the OR) actually spoke Italian. The last thing I remember before going under was hearing her say, "Buona notte." (which was good night, and I couldn't even say anything back).

What is even weirder is, the Am/Surg nurse's daugther is starting a new job on Sunday as a lifeguard--in my complex?!

Oh well. I'm starting to feel a little goofy, so I assume that's my meds kicking in. I've been staying off them as much as possible and just groaning, but I figured a good-night's sleep is important to recovery.

Take care all.

Oh that's scary.

Thank God you said it too... I was afraid it was a result of the vicadin. Speaking of, isn't this thing supposed to like make the pain go away and knock me out? Cause, last time I checked, my head was a poundin', and I just coughed up blood. That must be from the tube that went down my throat. No jokes re: that. It just hit me as to how that may sound. :AH-HA_wink:

And thanks for the kind thoughts guys! :)

Thank God you said it too... I was afraid it was a result of the vicadin. Speaking of, isn't this thing supposed to like make the pain go away and knock me out? Cause, last time I checked, my head was a poundin', and I just coughed up blood. That must be from the tube that went down my throat. No jokes re: that. It just hit me as to how that may sound. :AH-HA_wink:

And thanks for the kind thoughts guys! :)

Just for that, Bob and I will dress in our nurse's uniforms and come visit you on Halloween. I will be the sexier nurse though with the hairier legs. Buona notte! :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I hope this won't affect your sense of balance...I can't imagine losing my balance and becoming MORE unstable :blink:

Get well soon..............

Hey, does this mean you won't be wearing a grass skirt and on your usual float this year?

HAPPY PRIDE EVERYBODY.........................................................

I hope this won't affect your sense of balance...I can't imagine losing my balance and becoming MORE unstable :blink:

Get well soon..............

Hey, does this mean you won't be wearing a grass skirt and on your usual float this year?

HAPPY PRIDE EVERYBODY.........................................................

I'm sure my balance will be alright. I can't tell yet, I'm not allowed to do anything at all really. I can't even leave my house. They don't want my allergies irritating the wound, nor me coughing up anymore blood than I already am.

As for pride... I don't really feel the need to go parading my sexuality in front of thousands just to say I like men and sleep with them. Hell, no one at work knows, not that I hide it (except from the kids), just cause it never comes up.

I'm starting to feel a little goofy, so I assume that's my meds kicking in. I've been staying off them as much as possible and just groaning, but I figured a good-night's sleep is important to recovery.

*nods*

Indeed it is ... and I hope you got a good night's sleep :).

Gotta love meds ;).

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a SUCCESSFUL recovery!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Tell them we're survivors" ... Rascal Flatts ... 'Life Is A Highway'

I don't know what to do. They gave me vicadin to help with the pain, but if I take it, all I do is sleep my days away. Right now, I'm in such bad pain everytime I swallow, I don't feel like I have a choice but to take it more. It's so frustrating. I can't even go outside to throw out the garbage because I'm so winded and dizzy. Sorry, just venting.

Guest YellowJacket894

First surgery? Bah. I've been through two already and have the scars to prove it. I'd post pics but ... I'd get banned ... and I'm not ... well ... shaving. (Now try to eat!) :P

Joking aside, hope you make a full recovery. Rest up and get better ASAP. :)

I don't know what to do. They gave me vicadin to help with the pain, but if I take it, all I do is sleep my days away. Right now, I'm in such bad pain everytime I swallow, I don't feel like I have a choice but to take it more. It's so frustrating. I can't even go outside to throw out the garbage because I'm so winded and dizzy. Sorry, just venting.

If you can't vent to us, then who? :)

Hope you get some relief real soon.

No worries.

Take the pain meds ... get your sleep. You may not have that chance later....

Yes, I know it is frustrating ... been there, done that ... way too many times. And, I'm betting that you are only going through a portion of the amount of pain I surmounted ;).

Hmmm...I could post pics, too ... he he.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"This heart is gonna mend just fine" ... Sawyer Brown ... 'This Night Won't Last Forever'

Just for that, Bob and I will dress in our nurse's uniforms and come visit you on Halloween. I will be the sexier nurse though with the hairier legs. Buona notte! :P

Auguri per una rapida guarigione, P -- I just flew back up from "La Sicilia" into Firenze this morning.

As for the legs, as B refers to, I am fairly dark now and all my body hair has turned dark blonde from sitting on a beach in Sicily for 6 days at temperatures that were at about 100 degrees daily. So, yes, he will be the sexier one. :lol:

Edited by trinacriabob

Paulie- take the pills. That's what they gave them to you for. Trust me, they don't hand out Vicodin like it was sen-sen; sleeping your way through this might just be the best thing for you.

It's either that or daytime TV :puke: