NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Csaba Csere discusses several key GM products, how they are evolving, and the man making it happen.

14 posts in this topic

Wow, I always wondered how you pronounce his name. Didn't he get quietly booted off C&D or was it someone else?

Test facilities like the one in this story and GM's general engineering excelence has got to make a difference. Great find.

Wow, I always wondered how you pronounce his name. Didn't he get quietly booted off C&D or was it someone else?

Brock Yates got whacked from C&D..I wonder how he gets 'Chubba Cheda' out of Csaba Csere..

I do too, but he is a great guy. It was nice to here something POSITIVE from Car and Driver.

Brock Yates got whacked from C&D..I wonder how he gets 'Chubba Cheda' out of Csaba Csere..

its obviously of not english origin...

how do you pronounce CS...? and i know in spanish r's sometimes sound like d's if your not familiar with the language and the rolling of the tounge

makes sense to me...

Wow he has more hair on his chin than on his head! :P

its obviously of not english origin...

how do you pronounce CS...? and i know in spanish r's sometimes sound like d's if your not familiar with the language and the rolling of the tounge

makes sense to me...

I believe it is Hungarian in origin... I'm not sure, I think I'd pronounce in English (phonetically) as as 'SUHSABA SUHCERAY'..

I wish that GM had more cash to play with for their research. That is credible what they are doing about the rollovers, and other important crash testing in that facility.

Csaba Csere is probably the only one in C and D who actively advocates GM, and hopes that they come out good.

I like Csaba. I've read quite a few of his articles in the past and he really holds a standard for C&D unlike some of the other clowns in that magazine. Patrick Bedard's editorials are usually pretty good too.

I like Csaba. I've read quite a few of his articles in the past and he really holds a standard for C&D unlike some of the other clowns in that magazine. Patrick Bedard's editorials are usually pretty good too.

Yeah, I like Csaba as well. He's much more reasoned with his opinions, and not afraid to say them. IIRC, during the Explorer/Firestone fiasco, while every other writer was trying to sensationalize the situation as much as possible, Csaba did a test where he intentionally caused tire bursts several times at freeway speeds and demonstrated you could control the vehicle every time and avoid flipping over, contrary to the widespread paranoia at the time.

Yeah, I like Csaba as well. He's much more reasoned with his opinions, and not afraid to say them. IIRC, during the Explorer/Firestone fiasco, while every other writer was trying to sensationalize the situation as much as possible, Csaba did a test where he intentionally caused tire bursts several times at freeway speeds and demonstrated you could control the vehicle every time and avoid flipping over, contrary to the widespread paranoia at the time.

In one of the tests he took his hands completely off the steering wheel and still was able to come to a safe stop.

In one of the articles he had blasted Gore and Greenies with some honest answers and trivia, about their jargonized numbers of "Global Warming" from Cars.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor