Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

W Body Tribute video

7 posts in this topic

I liked the Cutlasses, but the best part of the video is that more than one 5.slow lost to FWD, 3800 GM iron and even a new 'stang lost near the end.

I know alot of you will hate to hear this for some reason, but the W-bodies are this generation's G-body. I am sad to see them go because the variety and affordability of these cars will also be gone with them.

I did not know where to post this, so I put it in the lounge. I wanted to put it under Chevrolet section because Monte Carlo is gone, but Impala and LaCrosse are still with us along with Grand Prix. I then wanted to put this under the main GM news section, but this is hardly news.. This was the only place I could think of placing it. It is nice to know it is generating responses.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I know alot of you will hate to hear this for some reason, but the W-bodies are this generation's G-body. I am sad to see them go because the variety and affordability of these cars will also be gone with them.

He is right.... Thought that myself too the other day. It made me see a big GM picture..

The W Bodys are what the G Bodies were. The C and H's were once proud B and D Bodies.

The issues is a lot of people hated they were front wheel drive...

I thought what if the C and H and W were rear drive ? Would it have been different

What id the C and H and E and W bodies had better interiors in the 1990's would it have been different?

We all bought these cars because there was something we liked about them or the once proud rear drive cars before them gave us the reason to buy.

I will be honest.. I like my Toronado, but the Riviera from that era(1986-1993) had a better looking interior. The Oldsmobile had the technology right.

I think 1988 forward, GM was trying to fix what went wrong with the switch to fwd. They were getting V8 horsepower from V6's and upgrading the look of the cars because they realized the downsizing went too far.

I can name several successful cars of that era:

The 1989-1999 Cadillac Devilles

The 1992-1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eights

There are many others..

I sometimes think GM does not get it or they miss the boat.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0