Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM cooperating in drug investigation

7 posts in this topic

GM cooperating in drug investigation

Detroit Police arrest employees at Poletown plant in a raid Thursday; production not affected.

Paul Egan / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. is cooperating with a Detroit Police drug investigation that resulted in the arrest of employees during a raid on the company's Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant, a spokeswoman said Friday.

Details about the Thursday raid and arrests were not yet available Friday afternoon from police.

The plant, commonly known as the Poletown plant, has nearly 2,500 employees and manufactures the Cadillac DTS and the Buick Lucerne.

Production at the plant was not affected by the raid, said Nancy Sarpolis, a GM spokeswoman.

No disciplinary action has been taken yet against GM employees, but discipline for drug-related offenses can include dismissal, she said.

"We're pretty serious about protecting employees' health and safety," Sarpolis said. "We have a zero-tolerance policy for things like this."

I did not think it was appropriate to put this on the front page under GM News. I could be wrong..

If this is indeed going on, I hope the quality of the DTS and Lucernes is not slipping or does not slip....

Wow....thats all we need is people stoned off their asses buildings cars when GM is trying to rebuild its reputation and prove it can build quality cars....fire all of them! :angry:

I'm going to have to ask my dad about this...He didn't mention that...

I wonder if it was days or afternoons....

As far as the cars themselves, they seem to be doing fine...

Wow....thats all we need is people stoned off their asses buildings cars when GM is trying to rebuild its reputation and prove it can build quality cars....fire all of them! :angry:

Um, no. Then you would be firing my dad. He doesn't do drugs.....

It would be the younger guys I would be worried about. The people with the years in are serious about making sure these cars are right....

Easy there slugger....I should have been more specific...my post was in reference to those that were found with drugs...the article stated that GM said:

No disciplinary action has been taken yet against GM employees, but discipline for drug-related offenses can include dismissal, she said.

"We're pretty serious about protecting employees' health and safety," Sarpolis said. "We have a zero-tolerance policy for things like this."

Edited by Delta Force79

Easy there slugger....I should have been more specific...my post was in reference to those that were found with drugs...the article stated that GM said:

OH YEAH? OH YEAH? HMM? :AH-HA_wink:

Nah, I was pretty sure you didn't mean it that way.

But after being in the plant-and hearing about what goes on-there are quite a few morons that need firing..... :yes:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0