Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

This Is Not Your Father's Oldsmobile commercial

10 posts in this topic

That was painful. It might not have been as bad if the slogan were different and it had a line up of decent cars, though.

Edited by AxelTheRed

That was painful. It might not have been as bad if the slogan were different and it had a line up of decent cars, though.

I laugh when I hear them. I posted here because so many have talked about those ads and how that was the beginning of the end of Oldsmobile.

I laugh when I hear them. I posted here because so many have talked about those ads and how that was the beginning of the end of Oldsmobile.

Yeah, I can clearly see why people would think that.

Yeah, I can clearly see why people would think that.

This is why marketing is key to your product.

Well, I think that in those cases, the Ciera.... the Calais.... those were your fathers Oldsmobile. It was the later Cutlass, Aurora, and Intrigue that weren't your father's Oldsmobile.

There is a commercial on YouTube featuring a 1995-6 Ciera.. and talking about how high tech it was, it's V8 <!?>, and showing it zipping through curves.....

in 1995!!!

Guys, at least show an LSS or Aurora, or Cutlass Supreme or something.... NOT the Ciera!

Well, I think that in those cases, the Ciera.... the Calais.... those were your fathers Oldsmobile. It was the later Cutlass, Aurora, and Intrigue that weren't your father's Oldsmobile.

There is a commercial on YouTube featuring a 1995-6 Ciera.. and talking about how high tech it was, it's V8 <!?>, and showing it zipping through curves.....

in 1995!!!

Guys, at least show an LSS or Aurora, or Cutlass Supreme or something.... NOT the Ciera!

This is what you are referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB7GzFZDvwI

I do not think that was a national ad.. It seemed more like a regional or local one.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0