NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2008 Honda Accord Fully Exposed

97 posts in this topic

Wow, it looks pretty sharp, and the coupe looks awesome...did I say that about a Honda design?

The rear end of the sedan looks odd, and I don't care much for the shape of the grill (maybe it's just the chrome trim), but otherwise they do look good.

The coupe is definitely the looker of the two. The 2008 Accord is going to look a lot better than the 2007. The outgoing generation has been pretty silly looking from the start, though the MCE helped.

Lets here... on the sedan we have a hint of Bangle butt, hoffmeister <whatever> kink>, 5-seriesesque headlights and we've seen pics of the interior.

BMW, start your lawyers.....

I see a lot of BMW influence done very wrong. The front end looks like it was designed by the same people who did the Avenger. The rear is just terrible. I'm calling this out as disgusting.

Why are there not many appealing cars in this market? Honestly the new Accord, new Focus, and Avenger are pretty cheap looking. The Malibu better do well because its competition is very poor in the appearance spectrum of things. It's funny to see this market and how sad it looks then see the crossover SUV market and you've got great choices all across the board from the Lambdas to the Ford Edge, Mazda CX7/9, Nissan Murano, etc.

Lets here... on the sedan we have a hint of Bangle butt, hoffmeister <whatever> kink>, 5-seriesesque headlights and we've seen pics of the interior.

BMW, start your lawyers.....

The G8 looks more like a BMW than this Accord ever will, and it's not a bad thing.

Back to the Accord, it does look pretty nice, if unoriginal. The coupe is certainly attractive; better looking than the Solara, Altima, and G6 coupes. The sedan looks good, but I wouldn't say its the best looking. Certainly better than the Camry. I'm liking where Honda is going with their designs. Now, if they would only give the Civic a slight MCE or atleast make it more similar the Japan and Europe variants.

The front end looks like it was designed by the same people who did the Avenger.

The front could be improved some, but I disagree. This doesn't even compare to the Avenger. :P Edited by blackviper8891

Better than current...but...so is pretty much anything. Mediocre and derivative, but styling is not what the Accord is about at all.

The problem with the sedan is that Honda went back to the sixth gen, it seems. Well, so did Hyundai for their Sonata. And there you see where the problem arises.

To me, the Accord sedan comes off as a more refined Sonata.

I think it looks great. I don't like the headlights and the grille too much, but it's not something that would deter me from buying the car. I was hoping they'd put a bit more flair in their 17" alloys, but apparently they're keeping the same ones from this generation. All in all, I think it looks nice.

Horrible....the one thing I do like about it, is that Honda makes it easier for me to hate Honda with designs like this.

Not diggin' the door handles much.

Again I must say...horrible...and no doubt these will sell like mad, especially the coupes and the streets will have one on every corner like the current ones and it'll be a sea of endless Accords, plain jane models, fully loaded models, riced out models....and so the misery continues.

The coupe is surprisingly sexy looking. The sedan looks better than the spy photos but the rear end is awkward looking for now. The tail lights are nice, remeniscent of the Lexus LS' but as usual, it will take some time to warm up to the design just like every other Honda out there right now. The coupe is definitely the looker of the two, sadly Honda still couldn't fully design a sedan that didn't have a controversial rear end.

Edited by big blue

The only thing that looks not good to me is the sedan head lights, which look a little too tall. The front lip on the sedan looks odd as well. I like the rear of the sedan, it is very cleanly done.

The coupe looks great, I have no complaints.

Edited by siegen

Looking at the front-3/4 shot of the coupe... it's odd how the front of the hood meets up with the grill surround. I guess it's the location of the cutline that makes it look weird...

I daresay that I like it. The door handles are a bit garish, but it is night-and-day better-looking than what it's replacing.

WOW......

This could be a new Acura. Seems Honda is really trying to move the image upmarket, while keeping the same positioning in the marketplace.

I must say I'm a big fan of this new Accord. It's funny......Chrysler gives us the Sebring......Dodge the Avenger.......Ford a re-hased 500/Taurus......and Honda does THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if this new car threatens the Camry's crown. It certainly deserves to.

The new Malibu is actually a strong contender in my mind in the looks department.....that is until you get to the back end. However, I am afraid the interiors will seal the deal in favor of the Accord by a wide margin.......

Based on design alone, the Accord interior isn't all that special, IMO. I like the Malibu's much better, despite the corporate bowtie radio.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new car threatens the Camry's crown. It certainly deserves to.

It won't. They fleet like a bitch. Ancient Toyota secret.

WOW......

This could be a new Acura. Seems Honda is really trying to move the image upmarket, while keeping the same positioning in the marketplace.

I must say I'm a big fan of this new Accord. It's funny......Chrysler gives us the Sebring......Dodge the Avenger.......Ford a re-hased 500/Taurus......and Honda does THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if this new car threatens the Camry's crown. It certainly deserves to.

The new Malibu is actually a strong contender in my mind in the looks department.....that is until you get to the back end. However, I am afraid the interiors will seal the deal in favor of the Accord by a wide margin.......

I see the check from HMC arrived today.

Part of what makes me love this car before setting foot in it is a solid ride, smooth powertrain and tight fits. It's a Honda, and those are things I've come to expect from their products--they have never let me down in any of their sedans. Of course I haven't been in this, but it's going to be a powerful contender if it maintains the previously mentioned elements.

Well the coupe looks easily better than anything else in the segment (Solara, G6, Altima), the sedan is just average in appearance. Enough to keep it top two and an improvement over the last generation obviously.

If the TSX improves as much as the Accord appears to have, that will be a very nice to look at car.

Edited by frogger