Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DetroitNut90

2010 Buick Saratoga

7 posts in this topic

Recently, I started to pick up drawing again. I practiced perspective a lot during my physics class in the 4th quarter of the school year (the teacher was an incompetent oaf, I wouldn't have learned anything even if I did give him my full attention). That said...I sort of cheated a bit and traced whatever I couldn't do on my own off the body of a VE Commodore SS-V. I did do some more than minor cosmetic work to it, so that it's now a Buick. It's rougher than I want it to be, and the detailing leaves something to be desired, IMO, but it's worlds better than what I would put out as recently as March. I'm partial to the name Saratoga.

Comments/critique are more than welcome..

Posted Image

All I would say is round off the front end and 'bulge' out the sides to reduce the slabbiness, but otherwise nice! I love the name 'Buick Saratoga.' Very American.

This is a Saratoga...and it's Chrysler (sounds better as a Chrysler too IMO)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:wub:

Nice sketch though!

Edited by Dodgefan

Nice drawing...but I agree with Dodgefan.

Dude... That Chrysler makes me want to cry. What happened to all the fine American engineering that came out of Auburn Hills, Michigan?

That drawing is good though... I like seeing buick look meaner with sharper lines, but be careful. So many edges recall Cadillac too much, and do away with Buick's design themes.

A nice start.

Sketching an existing car is a nice idea of getting the feel of design cues and bodylines.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room