2011 C7 'Vette could go mid-engine?

Ferraris are overprices piles of junk.

Esp. modern ones.

Ferraris are overprices piles of junk.

Esp. modern ones.

There just terrible now you seldom have the consant repair and service problem any more. Bring back the old days where you need to rebuild and repair often!! :rolleyes:

Over priced yes but it would be a Alfa if it cost any less.

Pile of junk I will have to disagree now as they as reliable as most cars and really reliable for an Italian car.

I do wish they would use a little less wind tunnel and more designer like in the old days.

Most old 250 or 275 styling is a thing of passion and soul, something missing in most modern cars but Ferarri is as about as good as it gets today with the 599.

The Vette is coming back from a less corperate look and leading the way again. It should dictate what the other Chevys should look like. The Camaro is the first to share the F22 influance that played on the Vette. Now only the Impala /Caparice will follow suit.

Edited by hyperv6

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any end to your stupidity?

Gosh I need a drink after reading something that mindless. :stupid:

Wow...you know it is serious when there are no queer innuendos in sight of the queerest member's post. :o

Not correct.

at least tell me that the engine is still somewhere ahead of the radio. if they changed the layout, this would truly be a tradgedy, that is what makes a Corvette a Corvette. Front-mounted V8, 2 seats, rear drive and t-top(s). If the engine goes behind the seats, it is no longer a Corvette as far as I'm concerned.

Am I stubborn and unreasonable? maybe, yes.

Am I a Corvette Enthusiast and Purist? Absolutely.

at least tell me that the engine is still somewhere ahead of the radio. if they changed the layout, this would truly be a tradgedy, that is what makes a Corvette a Corvette. Front-mounted V8, 2 seats, rear drive and t-top(s). If the engine goes behind the seats, it is no longer a Corvette as far as I'm concerned.

Am I stubborn and unreasonable? maybe, yes.

Am I a Corvette Enthusiast and Purist? Absolutely.

No your the reason there has not been a Mid Engine Vette. Most of what you list is what the average normal Vette owner expects and wants along with [somewhat] affordable.

The front engine has become somewhat a badge of honor among Vette owners.

Dave Mc Celland spells that out in his Book Inside THe Corvette.

As for the engineers they would like to do one but with the owners wants and the other issues involved it is hard to justify changing the formula to a new one when the old one works well.

It is kind of like Harly Davidson giving up the V Twin for a inline 4 and importing them from Korea.

Just one thing to note. The change to no pop up headlights was a big risk that did not come with out some complaints. Checy had to really promote the loss of weight and the fact this took the car back to 1962.

Lets face it it is even hard for them to get rid of the transverse springs. Coil overs are so much better but they are not what the Corvette has always had since 1963. Vette owners are creatures of habit.

Edited by hyperv6

When you get right down to it, the Corvette is an evolutionary animal. There is really no way to make such a revolutionary change in its fundamental layout while maintaining its identity.

Such a car could be built, but it would not be a Corvette.

GM should build a Cien instead, or a Banshee.

Pile of junk I will have to disagree now as they as reliable as most cars and really reliable for an Italian car.

That disclaimer speaks VOLUMES! Pay premium ---> get crappy product. NO THANKS!

I do wish they would use a little less wind tunnel and more designer like in the old days.

Agreed!

It would take SOME of the sting of getting screwed on an overpriced product

if it at least looked like sex on wheels... moderns Ferraris look Korean.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image