NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser spy photos

32 posts in this topic

No, that was the LX.

The interior looks good, but the exterior is a POS.

The exterior is fugly. The interior isn't bad though.

Weak and feminine. Way to ruin an icon, Toyota. God.

Interior is fine, but the exterior looks dated already, especially the grille. I remember the press harping on the '06 Explorer for not making any significant styling advances...they better do the same for the Land Cruiser.

One thing I've always wondered...why does Toyota have both the Land Cruiser and the Sequoia? They both seat the same, both tow about the same (LC tows 300 lbs more), both have about the same horsepower, similar demensions (Sequoia is a little longer though), both have about the same payload...the only major difference is that the Land Cruiser is a $20k premium. And with Lexus existing, what exactly is the purpose of the Land Cruiser? Why isn't the Land Cruiser badged as a Lexus and the LXwhatever killed off. Same deal with the LX and GX....hell, the Land Cruiser costs $10k more than a GX. Not many people are really itching to spend $56k on a Toyota SUV and sales have been reflecting that...so what exactly is the point of them keeping the Land Cruiser around in its current form?

Interior is fine, but the exterior looks dated already, especially the grille. I remember the press harping on the '06 Explorer for not making any significant styling advances...they better do the same for the Land Cruiser.

One thing I've always wondered...why does Toyota have both the Land Cruiser and the Sequoia? They both seat the same, both tow about the same (LC tows 300 lbs more), both have about the same horsepower, similar demensions (Sequoia is a little longer though), both have about the same payload...the only major difference is that the Land Cruiser is a $20k premium. And with Lexus existing, what exactly is the purpose of the Land Cruiser? Why isn't the Land Cruiser badged as a Lexus and the LXwhatever killed off. Same deal with the LX and GX....hell, the Land Cruiser costs $10k more than a GX. Not many people are really itching to spend $56k on a Toyota SUV and sales have been reflecting that...so what exactly is the point of them keeping the Land Cruiser around in its current form?

Because they can, and Toyota has money to burn.

As I said regarding the LX, it's about damn time.

Oh, and "It was already revealed wasn't it?", if a genuine question, says a lot about the LX/LC badge job when coming from a car enthusiast.

I'm still waiting for the design revolution Toyota has been promising. All we're getting is a lot of the same old crap and I think buyers will be moving to Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, and Mazda faster then ever. Toyota really messed up on this one.

Interior looks pretty good, like people have said, but the vehicles need to be just as nice on the outside as they are in the inside since the market is much more competitive compared to when the last generation Land Cruiser came out.

Still, all the current Land Cruiser buyers will buy this... even though there aren't that many.

Not as sharp as the old one, but much better than the Turd. It isn't too bad. (For a Toyota!)

looks like they fed the previous body style RAV4's growth hormones...

Posted Image

Edited by cletus8269

judging by the comments on the jalopnik page, it seems people are really starting an anti-toyota bandwagon because they know toyota cannot ride its 'reliability' wave forever. at some point they get scrutinized on all levels and styling is obviously where they have no skill whatsoever.

the landcruiser looks like it has all the panache of that kia sportage rental i was riding in the last couple days.

Fugly, fugly. fugly....I'm actually a fan of the current Land Cruiser....or I should say I was when it came out, what nearly ten years ago? The only nice thing about this new model is the lighting on the gauges....reminds me of an Enclave's lighting color.

Fugly, fugly, fugly

I like this response:

And, who buys them? It's the wrong people for the wrong reasons who buy them. Like the lady I observed in a 470 this morning. Unrestrained and unboostered kid in the front seat. Vehicle completely ahead of the stop line, obliterating the cross-walk I was trying to use. I guess if you have a flashy and safe enough vehicle, you don't have to buckle up the kids or need to know how to drive...

The old one looked better on the outside but not the inside. What is Toyota doing they ruined a classically styled vehicle because I would have consider an LX 470/LC if I was in the market and had that kind of dough.

Mayb Toyo wants more people to buy Lexuses because nothing in the Toyo line up looks pleasing.

Maybe Toyota wants more people to buy something from the competition because nothing in any of Toyota's brands look pleasing.

Fixed

Weak and feminine. Way to ruin an icon, Toyota. God.

My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately a more mainstream bland design like this will undoubtedly sell more. Oh well.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor