Official Pics: VW Tiguan

Official Pics: VW Tiguan

Posted Image

After teasing a few weeks ago with photos of the new Tiguan undergoing final testing in Africa, sans badges, Volkswagen has now given us official photos of the production model. The world at large will get to see the new crossover in September at the Frankfurt Motor Show, but in the meantime you can enjoy a high-res gallery right here.

Autoblog

WAAAAAY too borrowed. I love the front end. It's expressive and sexy somehow. But A pillar back, I see RDX, and every other small CUV. And the rear looks like a swollen GTI/ Rabbit /Golf. I want that front end on a Jetta MCE.

And BTW... German interiors are getting to businessy... they end up looking fussy and overly puposeful. That interior just doesnt seem like a fun place to be.

Edited by dimitri0917

Meh...it's ok. The front is good. But the beltline is too low, and the rear seems like it was snubbed off.

Interior-wise, the center stack is really the only thing that doesn't look good. I like the 2-tone.

I think it'll do well. It makes more sense than the overengineered, overweight tank that is the Touareg. This will be especially sweet if it arrives in the US with the Jetta's 50-state diesel.

BTW, I've checked out a Qashqai in a Belgium Nissan dealership, and it looks competitive. The small SUV segment really is hotting up.

uhhh-gly!

WAAAAAY too borrowed. I love the front end. It's expressive and sexy somehow. But A pillar back, I see RDX, and every other small CUV. And the rear looks like a swollen GTI/ Rabbit /Golf. I want that front end on a Jetta MCE.

Agreed. I've seen this CUV a million times before they even built the prototype.

Won't sell. It's not special enough, it's not in a market people are used to seeing VW play in, and VW has a rep for poor quality and terrible dealers.

bingo. nothing about this is different, cool, or cute enough for the market VW is chasing.

Front end is okay but the rear isn't right, doesn't ride high enough. I guess the two of them don't work together well. So over-all it is somewhat ugly, looks a smidge better than the new Honda CR-V not saying much. Ladies will love them I guess.

I want to know what the guy who names new VW models is smoking.

I don't know what they're smoking, but it wouldn't matter anyway, the naming of this model went to a vote. Tiguan was actually a group decision.

I don't really think there's that much wrong with the Tiguan. The main problem will be price. VW can't figure out that nobody gives a crap that it's "German Engineered". That doesn't justify a price premium...silly Euro arrogance. They should have stuck with Wolfgang's plan to get VW's costs back in line and bring the brand back to it's roots of being an affordable transportation provider to the masses.