Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Holden UTE spy photos

11 posts in this topic

2007 Holden Commodore Ute Sprung and Spied!

One of our readers has sent in photos of Holden’s yet to be released Utility.

Presumably a base model Utility, it’s obvious that the front and front-side architecture is similar to the sedan variants. The faux air vents remain, as do beefed up wheel arches - even on this base model!

The following computer generated rendering seems to accurately reflect the new Utility’s stance and design. Several attributes are mimicked in the spy photographs, namely the flared wheel arches, relocation of fuel filler and continued existence of faux air vents.

Posted Image

From the photographs, it can be seen that the fuel-filler position has been moved further toward the rear, instead of closer to the driver’s door, as in the previous generation.

The photographer informs CarAdvice that the interior remained covered. It’s unlikely that the dashboard layout will vary too much from the sedan variant. The shape of the rear headlights still remains anyone’s guess.

The fact that the rear has also been covered up suggests that a new tail-light design will be employed on the new model to differentiate it from the previous generation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The delayed release of the Holden Ute suggests that Holden may still be testing the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) for inclusion in the Ute.

Posted Image

Previous spy photographs taken by DirtBikeWorld show a better example of the front end and also an earlier development mule. The new Ute photographed is a newer generation to the following photographs taken. The new Ute photographed is most probably a final version and will portray the completed product that will roll off the line.

An indication that the rear light cluster will change from the vertical stack are hinted at by the following images taken by an LS1.com.au forums member. The image shows a wrap-around rear light setup, explaining why rear car bras have been used on all of Holden’s prototype Utilities.

One thing’s for certain though, it’s bound to be one brutal Ute when HSV get their hands on it and fit a 6.0-litre V8. Until then, be prepared for more from Holden in the coming months prior to their Ute’s release. They most certainly don’t want hype and spy shots of Ford’s new Orion Utility stealing the limelight!

Remember, if you have any spy photos of Holden’s new Ute - or any other vehicle for that matter - contact CarAdvice, if the photos are decent, we’re willing to pay cash (more than the major magazines). High-resolution copies of the images attached are available. Please contact CarAdvice to request copies.

photos courtesy Australian car advice

Source:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/3682/2007-hold...rung-and-spied/

I can't wait to see the new Ute, and the Chevy version (maybe GMC too?). Camino must be away, not to have posted in this thread yet :lol:

Posted Image

Looks like I'm not that far off. :ohyeah:

Edited by Dodgefan

Of course I saw this post, I just didn't have much to say about it since it is no more revealing than the earlier spy pic of the white car.

I'm hopeful for an 09 debut here.

Mike Levine at PickupTruck.com is speculating that there's a good chance the El Camino name will be revived in the near future. The prospects just seem too good considering that Holden, GM's Australian division, is set to soon export the Zeta rear-wheel-drive platform to the U.S. for use in the Chevy Camaro and Pontiac G8. More vehicles are likely, and the El Camino could be among them. Bob Lutz himself has reportedly talked up the business case for an El Camino comeback, and the timing could be right for an Australian Ute to finally make the long trip from Oz to American shores.

PickupTruck.com has a few renderings showing what the El Camino could look like, which isn't hard to guess considering that the new VE Commodore-based Utes are set to debut in Australia in about a month. From the A-pillars forward it would look much like the sedan on which it's based, but all body panels aft of that point will be unique to the Ute. The Australian version will have an engine lineup of V6 and V8 engines, and we suspect that concerns over fuel economy would also necessitate a V6 option for the U.S. market. That's fine, as the General's current crop of V6 engines are smooth and powerful. Of course, it wouldn't be a proper El Camino without the availability of a V8, and we know GM has a few of those lying around.

What do you think? Would there be any takers for a new El Camino in the U.S.? We think the answer is obvious, as this truck wouldn't be an SSR redux. Click on the read link to view three renderings of what a 2011 Chevy El Camino might look like and let us know your thoughts in the comments.

[source: PickupTruck.com]

I wouldn't mind if the El Camino made a comeback.

Edited by AxelTheRed

So who wants to buy a GTO? A Maserati? A Firehawk?

:AH-HA_wink:

So who wants to buy a GTO? A Maserati? A Firehawk?

:AH-HA_wink:

Heh, I love our utes! If you classified them as a coupe, they're actually pretty darn good value. Awesome fun to drive too! I'd love the Ute to end as an El Camino for you guys... maybe throw in a left hook HSV Maloo...

That's a left hook I'd lean into! :AH-HA_wink:

This guy is ok in my book!

BRING IT ON LUTZY!

Heh, I love our utes! If you classified them as a coupe, they're actually pretty darn good value. Awesome fun to drive too! I'd love the Ute to end as an El Camino for you guys... maybe throw in a left hook HSV Maloo...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room