Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

FLEX, TAURUS X, TAURUS, EDGE?

65 posts in this topic

I would not buy a Flex unless the dealership would - for free - professionally remove every FLEX emblem and script and replace it with something, anything less retarded.

But as it stand, Taurus X. Yes. Taurus X. I said it.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Edge. But I would not spend any money on any of them.

the taurus x has the benefit of being about 500+ pounds lighter than the lambdas.

but anytime i've seen passengers in the taurus x / freestyle, it looks pretty retarded. totally a special ed vehicle. a special needs kids tote wagon and i can say that, having a special needs kid.

the flex may dive big or hit the right chord.

i actually think the freestar was one of the best looking minivans ever created. outside. inside, it was disaster. the ride handling and powertrain was a disaster. Slap some 20's on a freestar, though, and it'd look pretty good.

now I am torn because ford will be sending me an invitation to pull ahead soon and i don't know if i should edge, taurus, or wait for flex...or........wait for an AWD CTS or G8.

as far as fords go, the taurus is the sensible value pick, the edge is more hip, the taurus X fits the role best and the flex is a bit too far out.

the flex intrigues me but still looks like an old grand cherokee. not sure if that's good or bad.

worst part, no paddle shifters!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

I think the Flex looks pretty cool, if only it could Flex some musle with a turbo charged 3.5L then I would be sold.

I'll have to wait to experience the Flex in person (I agree the name isn't great) to comment on it, though I like it in pictures and concept. I'm on the record as loving the Edge and I really like the Freestyle/Taurus X, but since I dont really need 7 passenger seating, I give the Edge the...well, the edge.

None of 'em.

1974 ChevyVan 10 in brown metallic, with a teardrop window on the sides, aluminum slot mag wheels, Wide Oval white letter tires, jacked up in the back with airshocks, two CB antennas, and airbrushed Viking chicks on unicorns.

I would have to see it in person first but I would consider the Flex because it is large enough for me to carry a load of lumber every once in a while.

However, Ford needs to bring the quality, fit, and finish of their interiors up like GM has. Ford used to have the best interiors of the American car companies but GM has very effectively taken that title and they're even starting to surpass Toyota.

If the Flex has an interior that is on par with their current vehicles, like the Edge, then I wouldn't consider buying one. I would buy a Buick Enclave or GMC Acadia instead.

<snip>

worst part, no paddle shifters!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddle shifters in crossover? Why??

However, Ford needs to bring the quality, fit, and finish of their interiors up like GM has. Ford used to have the best interiors of the American car companies but GM has very effectively taken that title and they're even starting to surpass Toyota.

My '06 Fusion (with 22k on it) has a far better interior than the current Malibu in both design and materials, and its better than the Aura and Impala in materials, although I must say the Aura is better design-wise, it still suffers from GM's cheapitis. The Edge I drove had similar plastics, and based on my Fusion, I doubt there will be any squeaking or rattling after 20,000 miles.

I would go for the Taurus out of those guys. I've been eyeing the Taurus since it came out since its a big comfy sedan. You already got a 500 however so something else could be better for you. Most people don't like buying a new car that looks 80% like their old car.

I would not buy a Flex unless the dealership would - for free - professionally remove every FLEX emblem and script and replace it with something, anything less retarded.

But as it stand, Taurus X. Yes. Taurus X. I said it.

I'm sure you could get come Country Squire emblems from a junkyard somewhere. I think that name fits the look of the car quite nicely.... and I'm not poking fun.

Depends on what you want. If you want a people mover, don't buy an Edge. If you do, the Taurus X should suit your needs.

Question, why are they going ahead with the Flex name? They know it's crap and is it really too late to change it? I was in Chicago when VW unveiled the new Golf and 3 months later Wolfgang changed it to Rabbit. I know it would cost a bit, but they should plenty of time.

I'm sure you could get come Country Squire emblems from a junkyard somewhere. I think that name fits the look of the car quite nicely.... and I'm not poking fun.

I agree, I thought Fairlane would work well enough, but Country Squire would work far better than Flex.

Paddle shifters in crossover? Why??

so i can shift the f'ing thing whenever I want. simple as that. i want to be able to shift the car i drive, myself when i want. paddle shifters work wonderfully.

so i can shift the f'ing thing whenever I want. simple as that. i want to be able to shift the car i drive, myself when i want. paddle shifters work wonderfully.

You'll have to forgive Reg, he's used to driving Ford automatics with brainless transmissions......

Ok...paddle shifters make sense in sports sedans and coupes, but in a wagon/crossover/family hauler, it seems out of place..just put it in D and away you go...

Edited by moltar

Ok...paddle shifters make sense in sports sedans and coupes, but in a wagon/crossover/family hauler, it seems out of place..just put it in D and away you go...

In a Ford, you'd think it were that simple....

I borrowed a friends Sable years ago and it was one of the worst driving experiences I've had. Try to pull a passing maneuver on a hill and the transmission goes...

hmm... ok... OD will do...

no... wait.... 3RD!!!!!

ok... back to OD.....

&#036;h&#33;! 3RD!!!!

WHAT?!?? MORE??

2ND THEN!

WAAAA I CAN"T TAKE IT! I'M GOING BACK TO 3RD!

Are we done!?...

ok... OD then.

I can imagine the indecisiveness of a Ford transmission with 6 gears......

In a Ford, you'd think it were that simple....

I borrowed a friends Sable years ago and it was one of the worst driving experiences I've had. Try to pull a passing maneuver on a hill and the transmission goes...

I can imagine the indecisiveness of a Ford transmission with 6 gears......

Probably depends on the transmission..I've driven a Grand Marquis and a Town Car in the last few months and they both seemed smooth and didn't seem to hunt around much (driving on freeways, in towns, on hilly backroads)..

Probably depends on the transmission..I've driven a Grand Marquis and a Town Car in the last few months and they both seemed smooth and didn't seem to hunt around much (driving on freeways, in towns, on hilly backroads)..

yea, it's pretty much their FWD autos....

explain to me why it matters what configuration the vehicle is in if i want to shift the gears myself.

you guys are fossils.

everyone else has manual shift mode.......even GM.

get with the program you old prudes.

explain to me why it matters what configuration the vehicle is in if i want to shift the gears myself.

you guys are fossils.

everyone else has manual shift mode.......even GM.

get with the program you old prudes.

reg, I'm with you on this one.....

I'd probably take the Taurus or Edge...I prefer coupes first, then sedans, then crossovers. But if I had to get a small SUV/crossover in general, I'd get an Escape...I like the way it looks and seeing them on the road they are about the size of the first gen Explorers that weren't as gargantuan as the current ones. I think the Flex will do go for Ford, but I myself wouldn't be interested in buying one.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0