From "Blah" to "Ooh La La"

Nah.

A low profile view is simply a bad angle for many cars, including the Monte Carlo. I honestly never thought it need that much exterior cosmetic work to look very good. A bit lower ride height, better wheel selections, restyled rear clip, and thin side moldings. That's about it.

Interior, the '06 wasn't in that bad of shape. I would've gone all out on the NASCAR motiff, though - billet plate everything, drilled pedals, shiny door sill plates, preforated leather/leatherette sport seating, satin finish metallic trim with strategic exposed screwheads, a beefier gearshift, toggle switches, full gauge kit, sweeping needles...

The whole purpose of the '95-'07 Monte Carlo was selling to NASCAR fans. Well, why half-ass it? Make it so stock car-y that its borderline cheese. Hell, rewire the system so you insert the key, turn to 'run', and hit and hold an 'ignition' toggle switch to actually start the car.

I'd buy that for the kitsch alone.

Nah.

A low profile view is simply a bad angle for many cars, including the Monte Carlo. I honestly never thought it need that much exterior cosmetic work to look very good. A bit lower ride height, better wheel selections, restyled rear clip, and thin side moldings. That's about it.

Personally, it needed much more than that. It's proportions are so out of whack, as is. The front too high, the rear too low, the greenhouse too far forward, the overhangs excessive. So my changes reflect that.

I prefer the top one.

You like ugly, badly proportioned, rental queens... so I don't doubt that you do. :P

Personally, it needed much more than that. It's proportions are so out of whack, as is. The front too high, the rear too low, the greenhouse too far forward, the overhangs excessive. So my changes reflect that.

You like ugly, badly proportioned, rental queens... so I don't doubt that you do. :P

Well, you did ask. Don't hate just because you don't like the reponses! Oh and a rental queen is still a sale, something GM seems to lack these days. :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I was bored and after looking at how pathetic the Monte Carlo looked in that one picture posted in the "FWD vs RWD proportions" thread, I decided to chop it.

Original:

Posted Image

Chop:

Posted Image

Thoughts?

Count me in as one who sees the sexiness of what you were looking to do.

I will argue that the real thing has looked fairly nice all dubbed up by the street crowd.